• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Seasons + Day and Night in Pokemon X & Y

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Yes I think that the Day/Night and Seasons would look amazing in 3DS. It would feel like we are playing in the game.

Years
Both! Both! Day/night AND Seasons!! (:

With all this hype and brainstorming, it will be terribly disappointing if the game turns out to be nothing close to what we are imagining. xD

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm pretty sure they'd make the return of seasons, otherwise something that was introduced in Unova would be missing. Besides... the region that the game is based on is in Europe, so no doubt about it... it has full seasons. In the Japanese-style regions like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh... they would've have seasons if it was introduced before Generation V, but Winter would be just like it would be in Nuvema Town, and no snow at all, unless it was in a mountainous place.

There's no way Game Freak would forget about the Day and Night system, 'cause the Nintendo 3DS has an internal clock. ;)

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
yeah pretty sure the Day-Night system will return, no point getting rid of it after it's been included in every game since D/P, Seasons system I can see returning too

!Gambit

Pokemon Trainer Jessie Ryder
Years
I think seasons will be more prevalent and night and day will play a good chunk too. It will make the games more realistic.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I really hope they include both and actually let Pokemon that come out at certain times of day available again.

It'd be nice if both existed. Last I remember, nocturnal Pokémon was in the metal generation in the headbutt trees.

Pokemon that came out at certain times of day came were featured in Gen IV as well.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't really care for seasons. But I hope Day and Night stay. Which they probably will.

With Deerling and Sawsbuck, seasons is likely to stay for now on.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
I hope to see region-wide weather(i.e. if it is winter, the whole region is snowing.)

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I think that they will. They've had seasons and day and night in the previous game. I hope the make the transition from day to night more noticeable, but I think that GameFreak will implement seasons and day and night.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
They MUST put in both seasons and day/night! If any of the mentioned were to be cut out, I would be extremely disappointed. I believe that they won't disappoint us!

As always, day and night could have different Pokemon emerge respectively with different rarities, similar to the metal generation. The same goes to the seasons. Just like in B/W2.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
If I had to choose one, it would have to be day/night. Both would be nice, however. (As long as the seasons line up correctly with real life).

I feel like Gen V only had the day/night to a very limited extent. Very slight graphical differences that you could easily miss were all I noticed.

Years
Day/Night made certain events in the games more time-dependent, and the seasons gave the 5th Generation that "realistic" feel to it.

They should definitely include these features again, since the series is in full 3D now and it would add to the amazing graphics.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I doubt they'd remove the Day / Night feature, and I think it'd be a step back if they didn't bring back the seasons. Like some have said though, I hope the Day / Night effect becomes more noticeable than it was in Black and White / B2W2. The only time I really noticed it was night in those games was when I was riding over Skyarrow Bridge and watching Castelia City from afar.

The seasons were great and I would miss it if that didn't come back. It added a more realistic effect. With this, I would also like the chance to see new seasonal changing Pokémon similar to Deerling and Sawsbuck again. That said, if seasons weren't brought back, then how would Deerling and Sawsbuck change their forms in X and Y? I don't think they'll remove either of these features.

Last edited:
Years
It's no doubt they'll have D/N systems in it.
It's tradition now, but as for seasons, I'm not wanting it, unless it's more life like, rather than having winter in August and Summer in February.

I do have Summer in February and Winter in August haha! Makes perfect sense to me xD

I feel that at this point in time with forms and evolutions reliant upon both systems that both will probably be in the games.

Back