• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Fluorite Version (8-13-15, Beta 3 Released!)

Should the player speak?

• Yes

Votes: 327 55.1%
  • Only during important events

Votes: 148 24.9%
  • No

Votes: 119 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
[a id]Back To Top[/a id]
Y6cQxgy.png

LyeXsdl.png

Hello, I'm Dark Sneasel. I gained inspiration for my hack from my favorite Pokémon game, Emerald. Enjoy!

Four years after Brendan/May thwarted the corrupted plans of Team Magma and Aqua in Hoenn,
Team Magma and Aqua arrive in the Regma Region to carry out their ultimate goal: chaotically change the environment.

There have been rumors in Regma that Aqua and Magma have been spotted, but nobody pays much attention to them.
One day, the Player heads downstairs, and his/her mom alarms that her friend got his Pokémon stolen by a strange fellow,
and that the Player should help him. After going outside and talking to the man, the Player accept the mission.
The stolen Pokémon is soon retrieved from the Team Aqua grunt that stole it.
The man rewards the Player with the choice of two rare Pokémon: Gligar or Sneasel.
After receiving their Pokémon, the Player decides to go on a journey, as do any young adventurous Pokémon trainer.

Some features of the hack include:
(the mini islands and water things won't look like that in-game, that's just because I haven't edited it with the program)
• Pokemon from Gen I-VI.
• New Regma Region (Map still currently in progress)
Regma has a lot of water and more than 12 towns/cities, 3 forests,
multiple caves, and one lake to explore.
• Decapitalization
• Updated Sprites
• Same gym leader and Elite Four plot (click here for more info)
• Controllable boats
• ...and more for you to discover!​

-

3vs6xsA.png

Q14YEtu.png

vm2LR.jpg

[hd]qhVxglIGxAI[/hd]
[hd]OzdFtk1Qd9s[/hd]

-

3vs6xsA.png

4tKiygV.png

MZ5aix7.png

These patches are 32MB in size. You'll need UPS Patcher to patch to your rom.
All downloads are attached to this thread at the bottom.

13JUL14: Beta 1 - One gym long
25SEP14: Beta 2 - Three gyms (and part of a cave after)

Y5ddnvV.png

Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324952"][IMG="http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p569/Tyranitar50/FluoriteBanner_zps09b3d7f3.jpg"[/IMG]
csSjJ.jpg

Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324952"][IMG="http://i.snag.gy/csSjJ.jpg"[/IMG]
j30jn.jpg

Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324952"][IMG="http://i.snag.gy/j30jn.jpg"[/IMG]

zHbJj8b.png

• The creators of the following programs:
◦ Advanced Map 1.92 and 1.95
◦ XSE
◦ G3HS
◦ Wichu's Advanced Series
◦ MEH
◦ HxD
◦ PGE
◦ Item Manager
◦ Item Image Editor
◦ Multichoice Editor
◦ Jambo51's unnamed trainer editor
◦ NSE
◦ A-Trainer

• Le Pug - Tiles and tile insertion tutorial :D
(also for this awesome thread style and all images created)
• GoGoJJTech -Teaching me a lot about hacking, including music patch
• Chaos Rush - his 64x64 pokemon thread
• MrDollSteak - his 64x64 pokemon thread
• Bela, daniilS - General hacking help sometimes
• Erma96 - tiles
• Tcoppy - A BUNCH of ideas, and helping out with almost everything
• _Nex_ - Helping me with sprites/ being a good friend, and headbutt tree
• Tlachtli - P/S split icon routine
• Deokishisu - P/S split icons
• SynBit/Syneon - Helping me with mapping and being a good friend
• Chasemoriter - Pangoro OW sprite
• The Gamecube Collecter - A map and tile inserting
• Capitalist Ness - tiles
• Wobbu, Ipatix - music patch
• Tyranitar50 - A looooot of ideas and supporting the project :D
• anaphysik - A pun XD
• DarkBlazingGroudon, The GameCube Collector - support banners
• Alistair
• War8
• Zein
• Wesley FG
• Trevor
A huge, huge thanks to these people and if I forgot your name please tell me​

Well that's it. Thanks for reading up to here, and I hope you enjoy the hack.
(I don't need beta testers, so please don't ask)

-

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
THIS LOOKS GREAT! I am so excited to play, I got really interested at the "catholic nun" mention, my hack will have some focus on religion, too.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Okay. I didn't read the some of your hack's info. Your maps looks very empty in some. I think you need to get those spaces. The palette change is not really great. But you inserted a house, and I like it. I can offer my help, I'll only insert trees, grass for you :) But you need your own tiles for that. I like the titlescreen! Hope you show screenies with scripts so I'll know better! Also this building:
xABdx.jpg

Looks dull and no life.. But for some reason, it blends well in your trees.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Hmm, Looking like a good idea, Hope you complete it and I am guessing you are gonna change the player OW or are you gonna stick with Red?

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
Something new, yet nothing too crazy...I like it :)

For the first gym, will we legitimately not be able to use Ghost, Dark, or Psychic? I'm kind of really hoping that's the case even though I doubt there will be many/any of those types available before the first gym :P

Looking forward to more updates!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
THIS LOOKS GREAT! I am so excited to play, I got really interested at the "catholic nun" mention, my hack will have some focus on religion, too.

Thanks! But there won't be much religion in my hack. I'm an atheist after all.. My brother just suggested this and I said "why not".

Okay. I didn't read the some of your hack's info. Your maps looks very empty in some. I think you need to get those spaces. The palette change is not really great. But you inserted a house, and I like it. I can offer my help, I'll only insert trees, grass for you :) But you need your own tiles for that. I like the titlescreen! Hope you show screenies with scripts so I'll know better! Also this building:
xABdx.jpg

Looks dull and no life.. But for some reason, it blends well in your trees.

Yeah, my mapping needs to improve haha, and yeah the new grass and trees would be great. The screenshot of the main character in the bed is actually a part of a script that was about 350 lines that I had to break up into 3 level scripts lol.

Hmm, Looking like a good idea, Hope you complete it and I am guessing you are gonna change the player OW or are you gonna stick with Red?

Yeah, OW is getting changed definitely.

I'd reccomend changing the trees as a whole, rather than just a recolor.

Thanks for the suggestion, yeah trees will be changed.

Something new, yet nothing too crazy...I like it :)

For the first gym, will we legitimately not be able to use Ghost, Dark, or Psychic? I'm kind of really hoping that's the case even though I doubt there will be many/any of those types available before the first gym :P

Looking forward to more updates!

Thanks, and well, one of the starters is part Dark-type.

No game no life...
It blends so it may work in game.

Don't know what that means, but uh, thanks.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Thought I'd never see this thread haha. Good luck on your hack glad to see you're doing well let me know if you need any help with inserting graphics or scripting or mapping. I'm always open to helping people and also I have to agree with previous posts, the maps look too open. I do like that the trees aren't linear though. For instance I'm guessing the "t" path map is the catholic map? I suggest maybe making that entire area a little smaller because there is so much field unless you're planning to add some more buildings. Anyways good luck to you!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
As Emerald was my first and second favorite Pokemon game ever Sceptile and Ray-Quay still pwn errythang xD, and this takes inspiration from it, I have strong faith in this hack already. :)
The story is good, it's basic gameplay, but the story is different and creative, so its a good mix.
Other than the inspiration from Emerald, I'm really looking forward to the extended dex, gives the player a lot more variety. Plus Sneasel needs more love. Like everybody else said though, the mapping does need work, it needs to be more natural. And in the "t" map, there is a tile error in the low right corner of the "t", directly under the right side of the "t". Good luck on this hack though, in my eyes, it has a ton of potential.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Also.. Are you planning to add new Pokemon as well? :)

Of course! Most of the time I spend working on this hack is adding new mons base stats, movesets, pokedex info and stuff.

Ttar0914

Years
Well, uhh I don't know what to say xDDD
It looks very nice, I like your idea of having a nun as first gym leader. ^^
I've also got a question: are you going to change the pokemon sprites? If you're already adding some gen IV and V pokemon like weavile, gliscor, combee, vespiquen, and even shelmet (and of course gen vi because of pangoro xD), it would be a great idea having the DS sprites in your hack, and I'm sure that you're adding their cries in your hack! Keep it up, I bet, your hack will be great! ;)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Well, uhh I don't know what to say xDDD
It looks very nice, I like your idea of having a nun as first gym leader. ^^
I've also got a question: are you going to change the pokemon sprites? If you're already adding some gen IV and V pokemon like weavile, gliscor, combee, vespiquen, and even shelmet (and of course gen vi because of pangoro xD), it would be a great idea having the DS sprites in your hack, and I'm sure that you're adding their cries in your hack! Keep it up, I bet, your hack will be great! ;)

Yep I had them inserted in another rom but that rom got messed up.. Yeah I'm definitely adding chaos's sprites.

Years
I think some tilesets don't matches together(such as homes and nature tilesets generally) but I like your idea! :)

Let me explain: the gray and blue building should be used into a big town/city, I think it doesn't look nice into a small village. ;)

Another advice I can give you is to fill more your maps: they'll be better!

I'm waiting to see your ability with scripts: I'm confident! ;)

Anyway, keep it up and good luck!

P.s.: I'm sorry for my bad english, but I'm Italian. :3c

Years
I like the idea of having Magma/Aqua coming back!

Also, I recommend making the hack more "colorful." I know it's a work in progress, but throwing in some things that catch your eye really helps. (Besides, people usually jump right to the screenshots...) I suggest having leaves on the ground, or Nice water tiles (when you get to it), or just any source of vibrant color when your story permits. There's a LOT of green right now.

Anyways, the idea provides a clean slate to build on, and the possibilities are great! I can't wait to see what becomes of this hack!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Sounds perfect! Anyways, if you need a banner for your hack, I can try making one for you ;)

Thanks man, I would really appreciate that :)

I like the idea of having Magma/Aqua coming back!

Also, I recommend making the hack more "colorful." I know it's a work in progress, but throwing in some things that catch your eye really helps. (Besides, people usually jump right to the screenshots...) I suggest having leaves on the ground, or Nice water tiles (when you get to it), or just any source of vibrant color when your story permits. There's a LOT of green right now.

Anyways, the idea provides a clean slate to build on, and the possibilities are great! I can't wait to see what becomes of this hack!

That's a great idea! Know where I can get some tiles like those (the leaves?)

This looks prwtty cool, as a fellow rom hacker and game developer I know how had mapping is... but ajyways looks like a nice hack and would like to see it happen.

Thank you :3

I think some tilesets don't matches together(such as homes and nature tilesets generally) but I like your idea! :)

Let me explain: the gray and blue building should be used into a big town/city, I think it doesn't look nice into a small village. ;)

Another advice I can give you is to fill more your maps: they'll be better!

I'm waiting to see your ability with scripts: I'm confident! ;)

Anyway, keep it up and good luck!

P.s.: I'm sorry for my bad english, but I'm Italian. :3c

Thanks for the suggestion and you're right, I should do that.

Anyways, here is the region map so far, I need to make some edits to it (making it 16 colors, and some other changes like making some cities in land, (look at the city all the way to the right, it's floating in water lol)

qh57r.jpg

The green water is poisonous, that's why it's green..

Thanks to my friend Crazy305Kid for helping me out with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back