• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Venice: City Of Masks [M][OOC]

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Name- Lorenzo Immobile
Alias- Esterno
Age- 24
Gender- Male
Species- Half breed. Draconian/Human
Job/Affiliation- The Immobile family. The family has no direct loyalties.
Appearance-
This image is pretty much perfect to be honest. He has no outward Draconian features, apart from maybe his eyes.
Spoiler:

This is a picture of the mask.
Spoiler:

Personality- Lorenzo is a slimy guy. He'll lie, cheat and steal to get what he wants. He is very manipulative, and uses his wit and cunning to weasel his way out of difficult situations , since his combat skills aren't brilliant. His draconian blood only fuels his already greedy nature. No matter what he has, he only wants more. Regardless of his deceitful nature, he carries a peculiar charm that makes him likeable; Whether it be his natural suave, his striking wit or his ability to get a hold of things most people can't.
History- Lorenzo grew up in the slums. His family struggled with debts to larger families and were forced to continually be on the move. However he was removed from the house after selling them out for his own personal gain. He fled to the big city, where he met Helena De'Medici. (Niece of Giovanni) Since then, the couple have gotten engaged, and Lorenzo simply awaits his opportunity to weasel his way into another big family.
Power/Skill-
Draconian Abilities-Has a high level of durability and Pyrokinesis. Also makes him stronger than most humans of his size.
Intelligence/Social skills-Lorenzo does not excel in combat. This means he often relies on his skills of manipulation to get what he wants; Whether it e escaping a fight or striving for a much larger goal.
Wide vocabulary-Though it may not seem so much like a skill, when it's coupled with his natural charm and ability to manipulate people with ease, it can be a potent tool.
Weapons- Small dagger
Roleplay sample

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
-SU SHRINKING MAGIC-

SYDAXARO220's Lorenzo Immobile is accepted. It's a bit short, but it delivers everything you need to know about the character. Could do with some better formatting, though, haha.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years

tumblr_nlw8oxwM611tyuin7o1_500.png

neue-zier-schrift.regular.png

neue-zier-schrift.regular.png

Name:
In his day to day life he goes by the name of Rowin Odo, however whilst wearing his mask he is known only as "The Conductor".

"Ooo! I do love names. Such interesting and variable things!"

It is unknown what age exactly The Conductor is. He himself has forgotten.

"Time is such a finicky thing. I, ironically, have no time to give to time. Isn't that a peculiar thought?"

The body that Rowin uses closely resembles that of a male in its design. Though in reality he is very much genderless.

"I'm like a child growing up, so conflicted on my genitals that I claim to be this that and the other! Oh friends, just call me a man for now 'afore I think up something better."

Species:
Rowin Odo is a demon forever bound to the two small hook like blades connected by razor sharp and indestructible string... the weapon in question is constantly carried by his current "body".

He is capable of possessing everybody and everything that picks up these blades by extending his power through them and into his host. However unlike most other demons he is unable to move his spirit from the blades and into a new host due to the sigils adorned on the underside of each of the two edges, sealing him forever inside. Because of this he can only possess living hosts for so long before being forced out and his control being lost.

His current "body" is a mannequin akin to golems, created by an alchemist. It is an empty shell without any resistance and Rowin can control it completely and permanently as long as it is making contact with his weapon of a prison. If the weapon ceases to make contact entirely with the mannequin, then said falsified body will fall limply and uselessly to the ground, leaving Rowin himself trapped again until somebody picks him up.

"What callous Gods above did put me in my state I might never know... but a hop, a skip and a dance in this puppet lets me put on quite a show. No? One day a real body will come for me and as a human I shall go. I'll fight to make it so!"

Affiliation/Job:
Rowin has no affiliation to either of the major families, nor any small family beneath them. He is rumored to be willing to work with the de'Medici family occasionally. His unique set of skills in combat makes him capable of doing very difficult jobs for extra income and so one might say that he has an affiliation with them. Despite this he is no way bound to the family and is more of an occasional hired help than a permanent employee. Due to their somewhat shadier aspects, Rowin is known to refuse work with the Omicidio family. If they were to present him with a reward that directly benefited his quest for a true living form, then he might consider, but other than that he dislikes their business practices and tries to stay away from them.

"de'Medici can keep me fed when business at the shop is low. However the Omicidio spend so much time in the dark that they might as well bathe in tar to keep the black hearts permanent. I'm not playing a game of shadows as they are."

As a general daytime profession, Rowin owns and runs a toyshop where he creates various wooden toys and dolls for the children of Venice to play with. He was created a number of board games and other such pleasantries with his clever mind and one of the few things that brings him joy is being able to see a child, the embodiment of life and innocence, enjoy something he has created. It gives him hope that perhaps one day he might be able to enjoy such things too, as a real and living being, not confined to something as callous as a weapon.

"Toys and games are fun and distracting thing... it's pleasant as well to keep ones hands busy no? Especially in a way that entails the absence of gore and pulp, to avoid unnecessary shivers and gulps."

Appearance:
fa8d6f8cbc8364dcddfb71d301aaa90f.jpg

A black and green suit and a top hat adorned with golden trinkets. The brim of which and the hair beneath it constantly covering his eyes. That's the general idea that the people of Venice get when they see Rowin Odo for the first time. His attire is strange and unique, not at all common among the people of Venice. His hair is pure white, with green tips at the end, the unnatural color always raises eyebrows but many people often tend to accept Rowin's strange appearance regardless due to the fact that he is, of all things, a toymaker.

The suit is a premium material, which is good since it's all that Rowin wears on his mannequin body. It doesn't generally small since dolls don't sweat, but if he gets into some genuinely dirty work then he will wash it. He wears two leather bracers which are used to store his two miniature blades, the string connecting them goes down the sleeve and around his back, ready to be released when required and used as a weapon. He wears a pair of leather black boots, durable and water proof (something valuable in Venice). His hat is a small top hat adorned with various golden trinkets. It has a specially designed brim that holds his hair over his eyes while still allowing him to see, Rowins face is generally rather normal despite being a mannequin however his eyes are the exception.

Being magically animated allows the mouth and other features to move and function as normal, and this procedure generally makes it so they appear quite normal to other people. His eyes however, are made of glass and even though they move and function properly, their pearly surface makes for a rather unnatural effect that scares many people on sight alone. For this reason, Rowin keeps his eyes covered and out of sight. His final defining feature are his teeth, the mannequins teeth are part of the inanimate body and as a result Rowin feels no pain when they are harmed. He has as a result, filed the teeth down to form a sharpened row of fangs that he is known to occasionally actually use to bite people. "The teeth are capable of piercing flesh and causing damage, so why not use them in combat if it is effective to do so?" Is the way he generally views it.

During the night he wears a green mask with frayed and jagged edges. He takes the mask and leaves the hat at home, making his cold, dead eyes visible through the eyeholes that the mask provides. Two glassy orbs shimmering like dead still water in the moonlight, the mask is imposing enough as it is and adding this factor alongside Rowin's already estranged personality can make "The Conductor" quite the intimidating, creepy and bewildering opponent in combat.

"Perhaps my body is false but even I can't deny that I keep it looking rather dashing!~

Personality:

Longing | Insane | Passive-Aggressive | Friendly | Playful | Empathetic

The stranger a man is, the stranger the life he leads... and the oddity that is Mr. Odo is clearly no exception at all. At a glance and perhaps after even a few months of interaction the most prominent thing one might notice about The Conductor is that he is zany, random and completely insane. His actions are all rather spur of the moment and at a glance he seems only willing to go with the flow and worry about the consequences later. He has no problem with doing anything on a whim, from something as simple as eating your lunch... to an act as dangerous as random murder. One might think him foolish and worthless because of this, but those people simply do not understand him.

Every major action Rowin takes is done with purpose and incredibly detailed planning. Beneath his insanity he is an incredible genius capable of vast strategic thought and he tends to avoid doing things that could land him in a very bad situation. He is fueled to act and move forward by his insatiable longing for a true "human" form. He wishes beyond all else to be a living being, allowed to truly feel, breathe and live. He is constantly sickened by his entrapment and his forced existence in the body of a mannequin. While possessing others he gets a somewhat more intense understanding of life, but his possessions of the living are so short-lived that they only tease him with that which he might never have. He would give up everything, his power, his immortality, everything... just for the chance to experience a real life.

There is a great and hidden anger deep within the seemingly fun loving Conductor. He might be your best friend one moment, only to turn tail and insult or even attack you in a very passive-aggressive fashion the next. He doesn't much care for other people, be they vampire, human, demon or otherwise and as such he generally does not feel regret from his actions. He is unlike other demons in the way he operates however, as he generally doesn't want to waste life either. Life is something incredibly valuable and something that he longs for. He is generally somewhat reluctant to end life, since he knows all too well how painfully important it is.

As a direct result of this, Rowin possesses a quality that is generally very rare in humans. Rowin is a very friendly individual. He finds people just oh so fascinating, humans especially. By using a top hate to cover his shining, mannequin eyes during the day, he interacts with the people of Venice by acting as one of their own (albeit a very eccentric one). He doesn't want to kill that which he longs to be. He isn't genocidal, humanity and life is something sacred to him. Don't get me wrong, he will kill and he will kill often, but the fact that he tries to be friendly and generally makes an attempt to avoid killing... and the fact that he REGRETS it when he does so anyway... is something that goes against his very nature as a demon. Yet, it is his unique circumstance that makes it so the fact that he IS a demon is what fuels this behavior.

Rowin loves games, jokes, puzzles and other such activities. He is very random as mentioned before and will often try to make even the darkest of circumstances more entertaining in a sometimes rather eerily playful manner. He could be held against a wall, his strings about to be cut and his life about to be ended before he can accomplish his goals and he might still make a joke or try to find a silver lining. He loves the children of venice and during the day he is known to bring them toys and other games so that they might play with them for his own amusement. Many parents tend to avoid him due to the fact that they suspect malicous intent. But to this day Rowin has never killed a child, in fact he tells himself and others often that that is one thing that he would never do. A child in danger may just be the one thing that can make him angry, on that note.

Rowin is a strange demon and if he were to be understood by another demon then he would most likely be despised. He is empathetic with non-demon life and longs to be among them. He understand human emotion and the grander scale of emotion in general much better than a demon would and while he still has demonic tendencies he is slowly learning to become more man than monster... despite the fact that he may just be the least "human" of us all.

"It's a sad thought you know, that when this whole city is mad... a loony like me isn't popular because of the things he thinks are right and wrong.

History:

"I remember... such strife at my birth. Indeed it was so very violent."

Rowin Odo is a demon whom was crafted from the shattered fragments of a cruel and horrendous rulers soul some one thousand years in the past. He was created from nothing but pure hatred and anger and his behavior and actions expressed this. In his pure demonic state he was unnaturally powerful due to his being tied to a man whom had caused so much death and pain. His rage was unending and refused to cease for any consolation. He took hosts only to force them to destroy others, then to destroy themselves so that he might move on to someone else. He primarily enjoyed tormenting children by manipulating their feeble minds. He was created as a ravenous and prominent creature, feared by people of the time as an incarnation of demonology itself. Naturally those with power to stop such a beast would do so and so a powerful human mage took the task.

He made a proclamation of hatred towards the pure demonic Rowin and lured him to an ancient tomb, the mage was insanely powerful for a human and was able to resist Rowin's influence long enough for a fierce battle of wills to ensue.

"A massive conflict, to shake my foundation... followed by a darkness to crumble them completely, I should think. Though the details are lost in that same dark haze."

The young mage in a final triumphant moment cast a powerful incantation and held a pair of sharpened and mystical blades aloft, connected by string so thin that it was nigh invisible to the demons gaze. In a swirling dark vortex of abyssal energy Rowin screamed in a howl that made the young mans ears bleed as he was drawn against his will into the artifact. The legendary weapon known as Imperium. Once his form was taken within Rowin struggled and cried to break free, his voice limited only to telepathic wails of mental anguish, but in a last ditch effort the young mage cast a final, powerful hex. A sigil appeared on the underside of the two blades, a sigil so powerful that no known magic could break. By equivalent exchange, the spell was so powerful that the young mage himself turned to dust and Rowin trapped in his new form fell to the ground, unable to move and continuously moving as more of the humans moved to seal the tomb and look him away.

"The dark years began... I struggled, I learned."

In pitch black, Rowin raged for years. He channeled his anger for decades until his demonic power seeped out through the weapon, the powerful sigils weakening over time. Rowin thrashed and struck at walls and barricades that surrounded him. He reveled and despised the darkness surrounding him. Over time the blades began to move to his will, the strings whipping them forward on his command. He moved to the door of that accursed prison and struck, small chips at a time he continuously struck and attacked the entrance to that place, dents and holes appearing at his feeble and humble made strikes.

But he noticed then, perhaps "noticing" for the first time, every strike he made wore away at him too. His rage, his hatred, his very being. His thoughts were clear and his resolve began to waver. He remembered everything, those humans whom had imprisoned him, the man whom had given his life to seal him away. Life was... so precious to humans. Was he so terrible in their eyes? That this one man would give his everything to be rid of him for good? Was he so much of a danger to life that it was sacrificed to seal him away?

Was he an enemy to life?

Was he himself alive?

Was he... death?

It hurt him, it started to mentally scar him. He had destroyed so much, he looked through those humans eyes, felt their judgment of him. Felt his judgment of himself. Every chip he made in that wall struck deeper, hit harder into himself. He thought of the children, so innocent and kind, embodiment of life itself. Life, life, life. He had destroyed it, whatever was watching him have forgiveness, he had torn it apart. Death, he had been death for those souls. He, he had always been death. He had always hurt so many. He didn't know why but that was what he knew now. He was not alive, he never truly had been. He had been nothing more than a tool to take life away.

The dent became a hole over days, months, years, decades, centuries. Chipping through incredibly thick rock. He began to lose his old thoughts, the memories of his time as a demon before all but faded into the darkness of that place, leaving him behind as he so tiredly and begrudgingly flung his undamaged and magical form at that rock face door. He wanted to save life. That was all he remembered. Life was precious, he had to attain it. It was his purpose, he was bound to it. He wanted to be alive like the humans, the humans were the ones who truly lived and he wished to be like them. But he could not, not as he was, not where he was. He had to escape, he had to be reborn.

He wanted to live.

"Here it becomes clearer I feel, yes after the darkness passed and the light arrived. I searched for life."

A crack he didn't make, a beam of light reflecting off his blade into an empty forest glen. He slowly, slowly moved outside of the hole. Pushing himself to the entrance and brink he fell and felt something so unfamiliar reverberate off of his strings. Blades of soft grass, so welcoming, so bright. This was life, this place was living.

He... yearned to be like that too.

***​

In the two hundred years that followed his escape. Rowin is still mostly unaware of his past actions. All he now remembers is that he was a powerful demon and that he had done something very wrong. He protects humans now with the heart he grew through merciless attack, holds back what little remains of the rage he broke away. His lack of knowledge of modern day humanity and his slight twinge of psychopathy has developed him into a very strange and eccentric individual for humans and other creatures alike.

He learned of his ability to possess other beings when a dog running through the forest gripped Imperium's strings in its mouth unknowingly and was swiftly overcome by Rowins presence, using the dog for as long as he could to escape the forest. Rowin found himself in Italy after falling from the dogs mouth on a roadway, carriages would pass and he would hear people speaking. He had no memorable name and took a liking to a stage name owned by a gypsy in a caravan that passed him at one point.

Rowin Odo. A pun word used by the Caravans owner, the caravan was known as the "Ironwood" and "Rowin Odo" was a simple rearranging of the same letters. Rowin felt it suited him fine and it was enough of an identity for him to keep as he sat, half obscured by dirt, on the side of that caravan road.

***​

The story of how Rowin Odo obtained his mannequin body is the same story as the one that tells of the first human he ever rescued. A powerful alchemist and puppeteer capable of amazing feats. However that is a tale for another time. What's important to know is that Rowin took this body and found his way to Venice. A town filled with water, life, vibrancy and the smiling faces of the children and people he know watches with an eerie smile and spontaneous step.

Having reclaimed just enough of his demonic power over time to make him formidable, Rowin now takes to the Venetian canals be night as "The Conductor" a mysterious man in suit and mask whom moves his body and attacks his foes with strings and blades that move at his every command. Protecting the life he so desires and craves and destroying whatever gets in his way (or earns him a bit of money when the tides are turned) he forever seeks a way for he himself to escape his prison and become a truly human being.

His grandest chapter, as well as that of many others, is about to begin in the City of Masks.

Powers/Skills:
~Enhanced Physical Capability~:
Rowin's body is not a living thing, it does not grow and it is hollow within itself. It is fueled purely by the demonic energy that flows from Rowin's prison of the weapon Imperium into the mannequin. This alone grants Rowin abnormal amounts of physical endurance and capability, without the negative effects of muscles, nerves and bones to hold him back Rowin is capable running at higher than average speed, jumping from ground level to rooftop and punching with the force of two men, twice his size. The downside to this is that his body is surprisingly fragile, limbs can be knocked off and if Imperium as any point disconnects from the mannequin body then said body will fall limply to the ground and Rowin will be trapped within Imperium with severely limited movement abilities unless he can reach the mannequin again. Due to the puppet body having no nerve endings, Rowin experiences no sense of pain or touch whatsoever, this can obviously provide a large number of positive and negative effects both. Drop something in a boiling pot of water? Rowin's got it. Take one of Rowin's legs while he's resting? He probably didn't notice.

~Imperium Telekinesis~:
Rowin is unable to telekinetically manipulate most objects due to his being sealed within the weapon "Imperium". However when it comes to the weapon itself, Rowin is able to manipulate the strings and blades magnificently using mental gymnastics and carefully times pulls on the strings with his hands. He can unleash flurry's of strikes using the sharp and edge thin strings, matching the strength of any blade, using the blades as a grapple he can launch himself forward by hooking into buildings and enemies alike. A similar technique can be used to bring enemies and light objects (such as his own severed limbs) towards him. Certain portions of the string can also be disconnected, however when doing so they lose all magical properties and become normal string. This CAN however be used for medical purposes, such as precision suturing of open wounds and for making repairs to ripped fabrics and more.

~Demonic Release~:
Not so much a unique ability as it is a form of true potential. If driven to a state of supreme rage then Rowin can unleash his full strength as an ancient sealed demon, making him faster, stronger and more durable as well as boosting the strength of his telekinetic abilities. Rowin has however, been working many years to hold back his true demonic nature in an attempt to become closer to a true living state of being, humanity. The old demon has been beaten to the point of standing at deaths door without so much as snarling, making him truly enraged takes very specific circumstances such as the sight of a child being harmed directly and injustly. (Which is currently the only known way to aggravate him.)

Weapons:
~Imperium~:
A pair of mysterious and small blades brimming with magical power and connected by countless, near invisible strings. This "weapon" is in fact the true possessed body of the demon Rowin Odo, he has been sealed away within the blades for nigh over one thousand years and during his time within them he has developed positive and friendly aspects, traits generally unheard of in demons. The blades allow Rowin to still utilize his demonic powers of possession and telekinesis, though only in a very basic sense. Through the power of his mind and telekinesis Rowin is able to move the razor sharp strings and blades in various directions and he can possess those whom come into direct physical contact with the blades themselves, if only for very temporary periods of time.

The string connecting the blades is incredibly thin and capable of slicing through many surfaces by whipping through it quickly. The blades themselves are also very sharp and have a curved and inwardly tilting edge, giving them a knack for "hooking" into various surfaces (and perhaps forms of living matter) allowing Rowin to move towards said surface or alternatively to pull it towards him. The two blades are marked on their undersides by demonic sigils. These sigils keep Rowin bound within the weapon and prevent him from simply taking a living host. Though he dislikes the idea of doing so regardless.

RP Sample:
Renegade - Titans

"My, my... quite the broody young man isn't he? Nightmares and Daydreams alike."

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Just wanting to let you guys know that a skype group has been created for this RP, and if you are reserved/are reserving, and are interested in joining that you should shoot me a PM with your skype name.

doge

???
Years
let me know if anything needs to be changed :) btw just wondering if you caught the pm i sent you earlier because when i checked my sentbox it wasn't there

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
reserve me!

Reservation noted!

let me know if anything needs to be changed :) btw just wondering if you caught the pm i sent you earlier because when i checked my sentbox it wasn't there

Spoiler:

doge's Renee de Fiore is accepted. I'm looking forward to seeing her in action! I received your PM, by the way.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
I've taken a few liberties with the banshee thing as well as her renown, so if I need to edit anything just let me know!

Keira.jpg

Keira O'Cuinn (Vulture)

"Don't test my patience; I can tell you now that I haven't got any."

Keira's Theme

Species: Banshee

Species Information: Banshees are Celtic monsters, originating primarily from Ireland and Scotland. All banshees are female and reproduce through human mates, giving birth only to other banshees. Although they age at the same rate as humans, their lifespans are much longer, and as a result most banshees appear to be old women. They can sense the dying, and receive a high if they are in close proximity to somebody during their moment of death. The accompanying euphoria is incredibly addictive, and can drive away all rationale and self control.

The most identifiable feature of a banshee is her scream, which over time has become associated with death. Banshees actually have pleasant singing voices, and their song of mourning is almost hypnotically emotional. Few people know of the song, and fewer still have ever heard it.

Affiliation/Job: Formerly a renowned killer for hire for the Omicidio family, Keira has been retired for several years. Her style was brutal and messy; she often butchered entire families along with the victims and was usually hired to set examples for, or as retribution to, those that opposed the family.

Appearance: Keira's default expression can only be described as flatly unimpressed. She has managed to age quite gracefully, and it is plain to see that she was rather beautiful in her youth. Her most common garment is a black dress with a long grey cloak thrown over it. A black parasol accompanies her everywhere she goes, and she hides her schiavona underneath the coat if she ventures outside during the day.

Her need to control her own behaviour at all times manifests itself in a ramrod straight posture, and slow deliberate movements. Coupled with her rather impressive height, she appears to tower above people, even if she is shorter than them in reality.

Although she is far more spry than a human woman would be, Keira is noticeably weaker and slower than she was at her prime. In combat she compensates for this with a lifetime's worth of muscle memory and cunning, but even these can't make up for her constant fatigue due to her body being in a state of constant withdrawal, and the result of natural aging.

Most stories about Vulture tend to describe her at her prime. They tell of long, vividly red wavy hair spilling in waves down her back, and of a golden mask that resembled the beak of a bird. Although Kiera's hair has long since lost its colour, she still owns that mask in case she ever has need of it again.

Personality:

Keira is acutely aware of her surroundings at all times. Even if she appears calm on the surface, there is always a current of tension and anxiety running under the surface. She is ready to react to any situation at a moment's notice, whether it required her to sprint into action or quickly remove herself from the vicinity. Her biggest fear is losing control of herself and relapsing to her former ways.

On a good day, Keira's sense of humour is wry and dry. She suffers no fools and is not afraid to speak exactly what is on her mind; the bite to her words and her ingrained cynicism tends tot obscure her surprisingly kind-hearted--if prickly--nature. She is rarely impressed by anything or anyone. Her age and experience has ensured that she's practically seen it all before. As with many people past a certain age, Keira is completely without shame and sometimes ends up saying the most vulgar things at unexpected moments.

On a bad day, her hands shake and her mind is filled only with thoughts of blood. The cravings are so intense that they manifest themselves as physical pain. Keira becomes paranoid and aggressive, verbally lashing out for little to no reason and purposefully alienating herself from those around her. If it gets bad enough, she begins to hear voices urging her towards getting a quick "fix".

History:

Almost fifty years ago, rumours spread amongst the homeless of a mysterious Angel of Death. It was said that upon your moment of death, a girl with fiery red hair might appear before you and reap your soul. Not too long after these rumours started circulating, those who had been sickly or starving began to turn up with their throats sliced open. The number of deaths escalated at an exponential rate, although it was always restricted to the slums and so never garnered too much by way of public interest. Those who had heard of the phenomenon mused that perhaps somebody was taking it upon themselves to clean up the streets.

Quite soon after that, the Omicidio gained a new employee.

Nearly a decade later, tales were being told of the ruthless killer who enjoyed nothing more than murder and mayhem. It was said that if you caught sight of the red of her hair and the golden glint of her mask, then you would only live to tell the tale through divine providence. The figure was dubbed "Vulture" for the almost beak-shaped mask she wore and the corpses she left in her wake.

Vulture only grew more and more infamous as the years went past. There were hushed tales of children's deaths, of the corpses of passersby piled in the streets, of houses completely scorched to he ground. Over time, people began to claim that Vulture's existence was merely propaganda, or a tale told to frighten children from venturing outside in the night, or a fictional character that merely had all unsolved and brutal kills attributed to her name instead.

Regardless, the murders continued... until they stopped, suddenly, about nine years ago. It took a while for people to notice, as around that time a ballroom full of fifty people were massacred in the night, leaving no survivors. It was assumed that Vulture had finally died, if indeed she had existed at all. She quickly became a thing of legend, and Venice moved on.

There are few souls in the world that know that Vulture lives on--and devotes her time tending to the herb garden hanging outside her windowsill.

Powers/Skills:
  • Banshee scream - A powerful scream that stuns those nearby who hear it and may even kill weaker enemies at close range. Kiera can modulate her screams; the more powerful her scream is or the higher range it has, the more energy she must expend when using it and the more vulnerable she is to attack. Kiera cannot move beyond a brisk walk when screaming, and her more powerful screams require her to stand completely motionless. The scream is also very distinctive and noticeable, and will draw unwanted attention from anybody nearby.
  • Weaponry - To make up for her fairly restrictive offensive power, Keira became extremely adept at both swordfighting and knifeplay. These have become her preferred method of attack.
  • Artifacts - A stone embedded into the hilt of her sword speeds up regeneration to close wounds and flush toxins from the system (does not affect the banshee high). Her parasol can activate a five minute barrier against all attacks, but it requires a half hour recharge per use.
  • Natural high - During Keira's high, she has hugely increased reflexes, strength and speed, and she is also capable of using her scream and physically attacking and defending herself at the same time. Every death gives her a boost in energy, and the endorphins flooding her body counteract any pain she may feel. This renders her very difficult to incapacitate. However, she loses almost all control of herself, and is much weakened both physically and mentally upon "coming down".

Weapons: A Venetian Schiavona with a silver handguard, as well as two daggers she hides on her person. She also keeps flint and a small pouch of salt on hand at all times, as she finds that these deter most supernatural beings.

The Vulture's Theme

Roleplay sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7407352#7407352

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Let me know of there's anything that needs changing

Spoiler:

gio7sm's Hamilton Miller is denied. The US did not exist yet back then, and the people who lived there were colonials. Traveling back and forth would take years, and this should be deepened out. Fae's aren't fairies, and flight isn't something they're capable of. I think more information on his art skill is needed. He clearly needs to learn this from somewhere, and art is very expensive to make in those days. I'd like to see some expanding on the topics. I will let your reservation stand though, and I hope to see a SU that better fits the RP. I recommend you read the OP again. Questions you have can be directed to me.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Hiya guys, I have edited a map of Venice. It's a quick overview, just to really get the distance between places, really. If people want, and if they are accepted already, they can edit the map to edit their character's home in it. PM that map to me though, don't reupload it to the thread, haha.

Spoiler:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
EDIT: Done! :D

Name: The Boogeyman (referred to as 'Boo' sometimes)
Alias: Malvo Nefando

Gender: Though gender is irrelevant to The Boogeyman, he is obviously male as his name suggests (as well as all Boogeymen in the world).

Age: Once again, this is irrelevant. The Boogeyman has been around as long as the idea of his existence has. However, during the day, the Boogeyman takes on the form of a common man in his mid-thirties. The body does not age, however, as it is a mere illusion.

Species: Boogeyman. There are actually very few of these monsters around the world - as they are not a biological entity themselves, but instead the personification of one of the most raw emotions in humans - fear.

Affiliation/Job: During the day, Malvo is a simple housework cleaner and janitor, taking care of tasks such as mopping floors, cleaning windows, tidying up after visitors, etc. Over the years, he has provided his services to many families and households, including both the de' Medici and Omicidio families and their associates. However, as he doesn't really need the money, the main purpose of Malvo's daytime work is to 'scout' for new areas and locations. Never staying in one household for too long and constantly revising them allows the Boogeyman to have a vast network of shadows and darkness he can travel to - and his occupation does just that. Malvo usually uses his own mop, broom and tools, aside from disposables such as towels and water. He is currently working for the Benedevici family, .

wrxc7Zd.png
Appearance: During the day, Malvo Nefando is a simple-looking Venetian man, slightly taller than average, with jet-black hair and eyes. His clothes, often being provided by his masters, are simple and representative of his occupation and social class. During the night, the Boogeyman can make himself appear as his victim's worst fear. When he is not in such form, he appears as a hooded, crooked ghost or ghoul in a black ragged robe.

Personality:
It is common knowledge among children that the best way to beat the boogeyman is to scare him back and not be afraid of his scare tactics. This weakness follows Malvo both in the day and night, and is what mainly defines its personality. Cowardly, fidgety and sometimes even paranoid, the boogeyman can be scared by anything - a child pretending to be a lion, a jack-in-the-box, a toy soldier... which severely impairs him during the day. Otherwise, the Boogeyman prefers to be a very quiet and timid person, doing what he is told without asking any questions.
Powers/Skills:

• (Passive) Empowered by Fear - The Boogeyman's main source of power is the fear he generates when 'attacking' his victims. The more afraid his victim is, the more he grows in power and is able to use his abilities. Essentially, the boogeyman feeds on fear, so he only scares other by necessity (in addition to enjoyment). If not 'fed' enough, he risks weakening his powers, causing him to become sore and tired during the day. However, if fed a lot, he will be much more energetic and in a better mood.
  • Shadow Exit/Entrance - The Boogeyman possesses the ability to emerge or disappear into shadows. These have to be particularly dark, such as underneath beds, inside closets/cupboards, drawers, even dark rooms. The only condition for this is that he has to have already visited the place in person, and remember it. If he forgets its appearance or location, he loses the ability to travel to it.
  • Dream Control - Being a monster of fear, the Boogeyman has the ability to turn pleasant dreams into nightmares (even if they are not dreaming), if his target is asleep. He has no control over the actual nightmare however, as this ability is meant to wake up the victim.
  • Scare-based Telekinesis - Not to be confused with regular telekinesis. The Boogeyman's telekinetic powers are very limited, in the sense that they only serve as a starting scare tactic for his victim - and in no other situation. This includes the ability to slam doors and windows shut, fizzle out lightbulbs, make the wind howl outside a window, etc. These abilities do not drain his powers much, making them a good way to start off a scare.
  • Minor Reality Bending - This ability becomes more and more potent as the boogeyman's victim becomes more and more afraid. The Boogeyman can, in a sense, distort his victim's perception of reality in order to create terrifying settings or images for them. While the physical objects will remain unaltered, the victim will view the illusions as real.
  • Illusionary Shapeshifting - The Boogeyman's final scare tactic, meant to drain the highest amount of fear energy from the victim. After setting up a scare, he gains the ability to turn into the single thing his target fears the most - whether it be a person, event, animal, or something else. Of course this form is only an illusion, present only in the victim's mind.

Weapons: Nothing aside from his mop and other cleaning tools, most of which he usually gets from his employers - not that they could be used as weapons in most cases.

Roleplay sample:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8781249&postcount=75

Last edited:
Back