• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lilac [Beta 1 Released!]

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
i don't get much of a chance to play hacks anymore but i decided to play this one for no reason, it looks and is great, so keep up the good work, oh btw when i went to the kid who wants to catch a pokemon, and in the battle the old man popped out, i started lol'ing, you might want to take that off no?

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2012
I cant find the link :( i really want to play! all in all it looks awesome dude keep it up!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
It has been a while since I last replied/ updated this thread, so I'm sorry to those people who thought this hack (or I) was dead. I just haven't been working on Lilac for the past month or so which explains my lack of updates because I felt like I needed to take some time off. But now I've recharged my hacking batteries and I'm ready to continue work once again :D

1089qjc.jpg

Here are some pics of Routes 7 and 8; they are extremely mountainous and pockmarked terrains with enormous boulders along with both small and large chasms.

Route7.png
Route8-2.png
Route8.png

Granlan Town is a small mountain-side town with the third Gym of Lowen. It is notable for having a Shard collector, where you can trade in your red, blue, green and yellow shards for rare TMs. You'll have navigate the town's Gym in darkness in order to restore the power, allowing your match to played out safely.

TownSign.png
Shards.png
Darkness.png

That's it for this update. There are a few more generic NPCs I have to script in Granlan Town, but other than that everything is going well :D

I'm very sorry for not responding to you guys earlier, but I really, really don't like to reply when I'm not working on Lilac for an extended period of time. It makes me feel like I'm cheating or something :x

Holy crap there was already a beta out?! Why did no one tell me? :'(

Anyways, I've always loved what you've done with this hack graphically. And if your scripting is anywhere near as good as your mapping, I'm sure I'll thoroughly enjoy this game. With that said, I'm going to go play it right now. :)

"Beta 1 Released" had been in the title for nearly two months colcol :P

Thanks, I really want to make this a visuably beautiful and playable hack. While I don't see scripting being as fun as mapping or tile inserting, I hope what I did was marginally acceptable to you.

Looks great! This is a sure download, and I hope to see more from this! :D

Thanks man, I hope you enjoyed it :D

i don't get much of a chance to play hacks anymore but i decided to play this one for no reason, it looks and is great, so keep up the good work, oh btw when i went to the kid who wants to catch a pokemon, and in the battle the old man popped out, i started lol'ing, you might want to take that off no?

Yeah, the old man backsprite was mentioned in the notes that were provided with the download. I just don't have a spriter to help, and I'm terrible at spriting stuff by myself :x

I cant find the link :( i really want to play! all in all it looks awesome dude keep it up!

Check the bottom of the first post.

I was really amazed playing it! I will always remember this game!

Great to hear, man :D

Very beautiful hack! I would offer sprites and other graphics but it looks like you have everything covered. Good luck!! :)

Thanks, Zeikku. I'm always on the lookout for new tiles and such because like I said earlier, I can't draw/sprite to save my life.

As always, be one of the cool kids and comment or something.

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Awesome update is awesome! Along with Stardrop this is one of my favorite hacks! I love the Gym Puzzle, especially since it's fairly original. The tiles look great as usual and I love the route with the stairs. Hope to see more =3

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
This hack is really good, especially your mapping skill.
It seems you can manage to finish it alone. But if you need, you can ask me...
Good luck!

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
I luuuuurrrve the guy in Poliberg which gives you an arsenal of Lv 100 Kadabras! Cool!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Awesome update is awesome! Along with Stardrop this is one of my favorite hacks! I love the Gym Puzzle, especially since it's fairly original. The tiles look great as usual and I love the route with the stairs. Hope to see more =3

Thanks, QM :3

I don't think that the idea itself is too original (e.g. Dewford's Gym), but in terms of navigation it will function more like Lost Cave in FRLG. Also, I've made the player field of vision larger than what is shown in the screenshot.

This hack is really good, especially your mapping skill.
It seems you can manage to finish it alone. But if you need, you can ask me...
Good luck!

Thanks Sky. I'll definately keep your offer in mind :D

I luuuuurrrve the guy in Poliberg which gives you an arsenal of Lv 100 Kadabras! Cool!

That was accidently left in while I was making Beta 1.1 so I could have some strong Pokemon with which to test. You must have been playing an older version of the game as that event was deleted in the current downloadable patch quite a while ago.

Is that the only thing you love? :<

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Love the graphics and tiles!

Not sure why but it looks like something got screwed up in the code lol...
IMG%5D"][COLOR=
[/COLOR][/URL]
IMG%5D"][COLOR=
[/COLOR][/URL]
129a.png

Keep up the great work!

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2011
Wow this game looks really awesome. May I do a walkthrough of it? I'll post the videos in Let's Play so other people can see your game!

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
Just a quick hello I am glad to see the progress and cant wait to start LP the next beta as soon as it comes out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
I just found one thing~ Kaplan says in his little introductory speech that he's "never valued the life of his citizens over petty battles." I think he's got that backwards, unless he's implying that he'd shirk his duties just to fight a Pokemon battle. xP

Anyways, really great game so far. Tiles are beautiful; the events are all great and really well choreographed. I also have to add that I LOVE the selection of pokemon you can catch in the first part of the game. And thanks for shiny Grimer~ <3

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I've only got a small update on what I've done today becuase there are no screenies ;_;. I've finished mapping and scripting a very small and insignifcant route (It is actually pretty large, but the majority can only be accessed by Surf). I have also started on tiling and mapping the next city, which is the second largest in the region. There will be a very important event there and you will meet some new allies and come into contact with someone you've fought with before...

Love the graphics and tiles!

Not sure why but it looks like something got screwed up in the code lol...

Keep up the great work!

Haha! How could I not see that before? :P

Thanks for that mate.

Just a quick hello I am glad to see the progress and cant wait to start LP the next beta as soon as it comes out.

Sure, man.

At this point I'm going to be releasing Beta 2 once I've finished the game up to the fifth gym. In essence that will be three more cities/ towns, a few routes and the Safari Zone. I'm afraid it is going to be a while, but hopefully everything will meet your expectations when it is done :D

I just found one thing~ Kaplan says in his little introductory speech that he's "never valued the life of his citizens over petty battles." I think he's got that backwards, unless he's implying that he'd shirk his duties just to fight a Pokemon battle. xP

Anyways, really great game so far. Tiles are beautiful; the events are all great and really well choreographed. I also have to add that I LOVE the selection of pokemon you can catch in the first part of the game. And thanks for shiny Grimer~ <3

I don't even know what I thinking when I wrote Kaplan's line. I'll alter it a bit later if it is similar to how you phrased it :3

I'm glad you've enjoyed the game thus far and congratulations on the shiny Grimer!

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
haha.. I see a new tree! and it's blending to the other tree is perfect..:) will it be in the earlier maps?

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2011
Hi! This hack is really fun! Anyways, I thiiink I found a problem.
After playing hide and seek with that girl in Poliberg the camera randomly floated away from my character and now its stuck!
I checked the map and it says I'm in route 18, but I'm definitely in Poliberg still, haha.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2011
So far, I have really enjoyed this hack.
I'm not a big fan of 3rd Gen+ Pokemon in Fire Red hacks, but that's just a personal opinion.
Your tileset's are very simple on one side, and on the other side, they are just amazing.
I have found some small issues however, which may or not have been mentioned before.
-Whenever you faint, the Nurse at the pokémon center will have mom's script
-While battling room 2 in the Poliberg gym, I fainted, and I "respawned" in Bolderville, while I visited the pokémon center in Poliberg

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
So far, I have really enjoyed this hack.
I'm not a big fan of 3rd Gen+ Pokemon in Fire Red hacks, but that's just a personal opinion.
Your tileset's are very simple on one side, and on the other side, they are just amazing.
I have found some small issues however, which may or not have been mentioned before.
-Whenever you faint, the Nurse at the pokémon center will have mom's script
-While battling room 2 in the Poliberg gym, I fainted, and I "respawned" in Bolderville, while I visited the pokémon center in Poliberg

Those glitches are old news and you should have seen them on the first post as things Fuji is working on.

Back