• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
With a massive lead over Jason and Tempest Blade decided to make a detour. He had noticed a couple of trainers fighting, and decided to watch. He landed behind the one opposite the trainer with the Scizor. He had always hated that lame evolution. That pokemon took away his greatest attribute his deadly and amazing scythes. Still Blade kept scilent until he heard the trainer call the scizor blade.

"SCI HIHIHI!" Blade laughed, "Sci ci" 'Blade! haahahaha all you got are a couple of krabby claws!'

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
Bree Hastings
________________________________________________________​

"Finally! I was 'bout to get seasick!" Bree gasped out. She put her hand over her heart and breathed. She ran towards the dock where the boat had arrived at, and a small, cute little Tepig followed from behind. Bree stopped and panted, then looked up. "Wow! What'a beautiful Island, how 'bout we go for'a swim later?" She turned to her Tepig. The Pokemon was shaking in head, "Oh. 'Course, fire and water don't mix. Do they now." Bree looked back up and began to walk, carrying bag of luggage. Bree already missed her sister's, if they were here, Bethany would be running around. Sighing, Bree pushed away the thought of leaving the farm and gave a smile. No worry could stay in her way! "Hey'a Porkers, if'n ya wan't we could have a race to the academy!" Porkers turned to Bree, the little guy nodded and began to run off ahead.

"Hey! That's cheat'n!" She shouted in amusement, as she began to run after Porkers. Near to where she was now, a Gyaridos was headed towards the dock, good thing Bree passed it already. Bree could see the academy in the distance, "It's huge! Look Porkers!" Bree didn't look at what the Tepig was doing, she just kept running. Being from a farm, Bree had strong legs and didn't get tired easily. "C'mon Porker's, ya look exhausted lil' buddy. Hop on m'shoulder you." Bree let a tiny giggle out after that speech, and the Tepig hopped on her shoulder. Giving a happy smile to each other, Porkers yowled in joy as Bree began to walk "I wonder how the academy will be." She thought joyfully. The Pokemon Academy was only a few meter's or so away, excitement rushed through Bree like never before. "Ima' gunna have so much fun here, ain't that right Porkers? And no worries, so will you."

Bree had now reached the entrance of the Academy. To tell the truth, Bree was a little nervous but the sooner she got in and met people, the sooner she will be confident. With one breath, Porkers leaped down from Bree's shoulder and ran into the academy, then waited for Bree to follow. Bree rolled her eye's and stepped inside, she walked along side with Porker's. "Wow. Looky at all these folks Pokers, there are more than the Miltank on'tha ranch." Still walking, Bree headed to the Suicuine dorm rooms. Looking around, she looked for her dorm number. "Not this one, or'a this one...." Still looking, Porkers ran ahead and stopped at a dorm. Bree walked at it and looked at the dorm number. "Great job Porkers!" Bree petted the pokemon and he let out a small purr of amusement.

Entering the room, she put down her stuff and looked around. "Holy cows, this room is mucha'better than the one at the farm." She said looking around. Bree headed to the bed and sat on it. "And'a looky here! The beds ain't straw 'n' hay!" Sighing of happiness, Bree wen't to her bag and unzipped it. She took out her stuff and put them all around the room, Porker nodded in agreement of how the room looked. "Well if'n we have nuthin' ta'do, we might aswell go meet some new people." Bree said.

Porkers nodded and ran out the room already. Bree flicked her foot back then walked out quickly, and set out to head any place at all.

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
Years
Sapphire Dillon

Sapphire smiled at Bri blushing a bit when he said he'd go with them before turning to Maxwell as he spoke. "my dad told Sakutaro to watch out for me, he doesn't take that role lightly, even when he was still an Eevee" she said before Maxwell took a few steps away mentioning heading off. Sapphire looked at the Buneary again then back at Maxwell but was saved from saying something when he asked if there was anything she wanted to take care of first. "Y-Yeah" she said before looking at her Flareon. "What do you say Taro? Wanna catch a Buneary" she whispered smiling as he nodded.

"Great" she said before looking at the two boys. "if you guys don't mind waiting, I'd like to try to catch the Buneary that keeps looking at me" she said happily. "Sakutaro use Ember on the Buneary"

Sakutaro looked at the Buneary who was staring back at him and sent forth the small ball of flames produced by ember which hit the Buneary in the middle of it's chest knocking it over. The Buneary stood and looked upset before charging at Sakutaro hitting him in the face with Pound. "Taro, use Dig" Sapphire smiled watching as the Flareon dug under ground and held her breath waiting to see what happened.

Amanda Smith

Manda nodded as they got to the entrance of the Lugia dorm. "I'm gonna catch whichever one I find first" she said shrugging "I hope it's an Abra" she smiled and looked at him. "I say we go in and then leave after I catch whichever of the two we find first. Hopefully we find one quick" she said to him.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia barely had time to start talking before the red blur slammed into Samuel. The Absol flew back and landed right in front of Lucia, completely KO'd. Lucia knelt down and patted Samuel. "An excellent fight Samuel. You bring pride to the Bernavard name." She returned the Absol to his pokeball. "Tyro you're up."

The Combusken let out a joyful shout as he quickly ran onto the battlefield, "Hey there Blade. I'm Tyro. I don't have any fancy tricks like Sammy so lets both do our best! You're pretty fast! I'm not that fast, but I do have a killer kick! Get it? Killer kick? You know as in Double Kick? Because I know Double Kick. That's why the joke is funny and all!"

Lucia coughs, "Tyro, get into battle position."

The Combusken nods and tenses his body, "Anyway, best of luck Blade! Now that I think about it I did know a Blade back at the manor..."

"Tyro, use Bulk Up!" Lucia shouted out.

The Combusken lifted his arms and flexed as his muscles grew more pronounced on his arms and chest.

Roberto heard the Scyther and walked up to him, "Who are you to mock the way of the Scizor?" He said with narrowed eyes.

Years
Atlus Midgard

At a closer range, Atlus decided that it was probally not the best idea to disturbe this person before she was done eating. Her manners and the clothing seemed out of place, as if she was running a buisness, not being a pokemon trainer. He was growing nervious at the thought that he desturbed something important, and thought she might be mad or something. She dabbed her mouth with a napkin, and Atlus nearly jumped when she talked.

"Didn't you receive a map in your welcome pack?"

It was said with hardly a sense of superiority, but he still felt dumb that he didn't remember the map he picked up in the office with his other things. She had a serious face on, and her answer was all buisness. He decided to end the conversation quickly to escape.

"Oh..., whoops, forgot about it. Sorry. Good bye."

He turned around quickly and started to walk, Munch turning to wave farwell at the apperantly friendly Joltik, and Flan and Snort quickly followed suit. A good distance away from the cafeteria, Atlus took out the paper map, then quickly found the fastest way to his dorm. He thought about it, and decided that socializing could wait till tomarrow for his first class, and quickened his pace to his dorm.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

"Sounds like a plan to me." Linc nodded. He wasn't afraid of no ghost, but tempting danger was just foolhardy. That and he wanted to get this done reasonably quickly so he could get back to battling people. Only by winning a battle would his dad let him catch any pokemon, and that was one of the main reasons he was excited to be on this island in the first place.

Nika Valentine

Nika watched the boy leave, some small pang of regret flaring up. Had she been rude? She'd only intended to be helpful, but perhaps he was of a nervous disposition. She had been hoping to speak to him about his Sewaddle, such odd colouring...

"Tik tik."
"...Are you on my head again Spider?"
"Joltik!"
"...He didn't like me, did he?"
"Jo tik tik... joltik."
She sighed. "At least I have you."
"Joltik!"​

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Sci" 'I am a league champ and my scythes can tear through steel without a problem.' Blade said brandishing his scythes, 'A scizor can't match my skills.'

Blade slashed an X in the air so fast the air became visible.

"Scyther scy sci." 'When I see a scizor match my skills then I'll admit their worth while.' Blade challenged.

He was not a pokemon to mess with, and he made sure his reputation would be known. To cross Blade was to cross the line.

Years
Jack Jacobs

Blade had did it, knocking out the absol with his first attack and that same surge that went through Jack when the battle had just started, a battling spirit rushed through him. Blade let out a large shout of happiness and wasn't even aware of the scyhter on the sidelines comments. The combusken from earlier had stepped unto the battlefield (predictable) From the moment Jack spotted Lucias pokemon he knew that that would have been Blades opponent for the day.

Blade was unfazed by the fire type and its worst just made him want to beat it off the field quickly the combuskens chatter was not need during a fight. Blade readied himself again as Lucia ordered Tyro to use bulk up (attach and defense up huh) Blade was already at a disadvantage and bulk up made it a little worse.

"Blade Wing attack go!!" Jack shouted knowing how effective the move would be and without hesitation took off in blazing speed again. This time his wings glowed white and he flew quickly towards combusken in a red blur once again.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers

'Kilik!' Who was that? Kilik turned around for a minute to find...Ruby was it? Yeah, that's it. She was holding an Eevee. Must be hers.

"Hey Ruby." He greeted.

'W-what happened to you? Sorry to for saying this but...you smell.' Great. He knew that smell would come back to haunt him.

"Yeah, Mistress dropped me in the swamp water. No need to go further than that." He explained. Mistress giggled after his comment. She must be happy doing that. She'll pay later.

Kilik had to get to Kat soon before she would forget about him. Was she even waiting for him? He's wasting time already. "Listen, I gotta get somewhere. You wanna come along?" He asked Ruby. Perhaps it would be fun if she came along. The more the merrier. Were she & Kat acquaintent already?

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian

Sprinkles ears twitched, and his eyes widened a bit. His growling died away, and he paused to consider what to do next.

"Mwehehee! He's so cute when he's mad!" Leena giggled, floating back to eye level around Brian, and Duster giggled along with her. She sat down near Quillie andgrinned at Sprinkles.

"Shut. Up." the eevee said coldly, clenching his teeth from the effort of trying to hold himself back. Btian nodded at Sapphire, and began petting Sprinkles as she tried to catch her pokemon.

thyme

Thyme nodded at Snype and followed behind him and Mark. "Thanks." she said with a smile. She looked around, picking out the familiar trails as she followed them.

"After I get done, would you like me to stay with you and Mark? It sounds like he's going up into the mountains, and you will have your hands full trying to keep him safe without looking after me." she said slowly.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Tyro cried out as he was hit by the attack. The Combusken flew back from the impact rolling along the grass. He forced himself to stand back up and looked up with a grin, "Awesome! You're really powerful!"

Lucia frowned, that Scizor was really powerful, not as powerful as Nexus, but still very powerful. "Alright Tyro, hit him with a Flamethrower!"

The Combusken took in a breath and released a long jet of flame that surged forward toward Blades, in the process leaving a trail of burnt grass in its wake.

Lucia looked on with anticipation. Flamethrower couldn't miss and when Tyro hit with Flamethrower it was possible that the Scizor could be burned and that would work in Tyro's favor. Please burn it! Lucia thought desperately.

Roberto looked at the Scyther and bowed his head in respect, "League champion, huh? That must have been hard work." He turned his head away as he once again fell into the same routine of constantly looking in different directions, searching for any sign of troubling. "Have you been here at the Academy long? Have there been any breaches in security lately?"

Years
Jack Jacobs

(Yes!) It had hit Blade wing attack landed a clean blow on the combusken prompting even more taking from the opposition pokemon. Compliments were good but on the battlefield all your focus needs to be on the battle so Blade completely ignored the comments. "Look out!" Jack shouted as combusken used flamethrower, Blade tried to leap out of the way but the momentum he carried from the previous attack made it too difficult. Blade was able to evade the attack but only slightly as his foot got stuck in the blaze of flames that had been shot at him.

Blade was in immense pain, a fire attack is the only type of attack that has advantage over scizor and he was definitely feeling the burn in more ways than one. Not only had Blade been hit by an attack which is super effective but he seemed to have been burned, a double whammy in this situation. "Blade you ok?" Obvious concern could be heard in Jacks voice now but Blade only responded with a nod, he was never the type to give up. "After being hit by that it's my turn for some fun" Blade was serious now but without the use of one of his legs his movements were a bit delayed (Guess speed wont be any use now)

"Blade use Swift!" Jack knew that Blade moving around now could injure him even more so a stationary assault was on the cards. Blade rose to his feet grin on is face as he tried to fight off the pain before targeting combusken with his claw before shooting out stars like a machine gun.

Jack had to stay focused he knew swift was a always hit attack but would it be enough to take out Tyro, and what would Lucias next move be if it didn't all those things were running through Jacks mind. He watched the stars fly towards combusked and clenched his fish in hope.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Lucia smiled as Tyro's attack hit and felt more elation as she saw that Blade had indeed been burned by the attack.

"Great job Tyro!" As soon as the last of the fire left Tyro's mouth he doubled over, gasping in pain. Lucia frowned, it looked like that Wing Attack had damaged Tyro more than she had thought. Jack called out for a Swift and Blade unleashed his attack. There was still some time though.

"Tyro use Flamethrower again!" Lucia shouted out. Tyro tried to let loose another flame but ended up coughing instead. The attack hit with full force and Tyro was once again knocked back, clearly unconscious.

Lucia smiled weakly as bowed her head, "I accept my defeat. A very well battled match Jack." Lucia walked over to Tyro and pulled out a max revive from her pocket and fed it to Tyro. The Combusken leaped back onto his feet with a cry.

Lucia stood back and smiled at Jack, "Your Scizor is well trained, I'll give you that. You yourself seem to be a veteran. May I ask how long you have been here at the academy?"

Tyro immediately ran up to Blade, "Oh my gosh that was the greatest battle I've ever been in! You were all like 'I'll bash you with my wings' and then I was like 'Oh yea? Well I'll hit you with some fire!' and then you shot those stars at me and I fainted but now I'm back up again! How'd you get so fast? How long have you been training? Have you been here long? Well, we battled so we're bros now! Bros until the end like I always say. Since we're bros now we'll just have to spend time together. You can train me and I can train you and we can train together and then we'll get stronger, that's always a plus because you always want to get stronger, am I right?, because when we get stronger we'll be able to train longer..." The Combusken just continued rambling on.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell Leggingsteele
Academy Grounds
-----------------------------------------

Maxwell looked at Sapphire as she explained her Flareon's overprotective...ness.
"Hah, that sounds a lot like my Umbreon actually. Maybe they should meet someday..." he said.

Okay, Maxwell stepped back to let Sapph work her magic in Pokémon-catching. If there was any magic behind it that was... How did a Pokéball catch a Pokémon anyway? Maxwell had heard that it had something to do with a special net-like structure inside the device, but he had never had the interest to study it. Maybe he could ask Brian if he knew something about it?

"Hey Bri-" he began but was interrupted by a certain Tympole breaking out of his Pokéball.

"Tym, tympole!!!"[Aaaaah, Zekrom!!!] he yelled and landed on his back. Well on the ground, he started to flop around trying to get up.
[Gaah, help me! It's Zekrom, he's gonna' fry me! Help me mommy!] he then started to flop around even more violently than before. In the midst of this little crisis, Maxwell picked up Katam and started to gently slap his cheeks in a "snap outta' it man!"-manner. The Tympole eventually calmed down and then started to look around in a confused manner, as if he had no idea where he was.

"Oh, yeah. Brian, I guess that I should introduce you to my newest team-member Katam!" Maxwell said. The Tympole looked at Brian for a while, almost as if he was searching for something. Eventually, a friendly smile grew upon Katam's lips as his cheeks started to vibrate, emitting a low buzzing sound.

"Tympo, tym!"[Hello Brian, it's nice to meet you!]

Quillie shrugged when Sprinkles talked, he had no need to agitate the Eevee further. Wilson then spoke up,
[You know Quillie, he's kinda like you in a sense. At least when it comes to the short temperament.]

[Hey!] Quillie looked angrily at Wilson, the Swinub just smiled and shrugged. Or at least it was supposed to be a shrug, it's not that easy to show when you don't have visible shoulders.

[By the by Leena,] Wilson began, [Your laugh reminds me of the word "Luxury Bananas" and I don't know why. Also, it's making me hungry...] he said, a faint growl from the Pokémon's stomach could be heard.
[Come to think of it...] now the Swinub started to sniff in the air, as if he smelled some sort of strong scent. [Sprinkles smells of sugar... Lots of sugar... Cupcakes maybe? Whatever it is, I'm now even more hungry...] his voice went down a notch, as if to express dissapointment.

[Oh come on!] Quillie said, [We're going to Oak Town remember? It bet that there's lots of trash lying around in the market place for you to dig through!]

[Hmm... That does sound nice...] Wilson said, he almost started to drool at the thought actually.

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
Years
Amanda Smith

Manda nodded and they walked into the abandoned dorm. "Wow it's dark in here" Manda said not able to see anything. She dug through her bag and pulled out a flashlight that she kept in it just in case and flipped it on shining it around. "I wonder why this place is abandoned, I mean, it must have been abandoned before the ghost Pokemon took it over."

Sapphire Dillon

Sapphire held her breath and smiled when Sakutaro jumped out from the ground sending the Buneary back a bit. "Taro use Yawn" she ordered as she saw the Buneary charge up an ice beam. Sakutaro stood his ground and yawned at the Buneary both trainer and Pokemon knowing it would get sleepy soon. The Buneary meanwhile sent Ice Beam at Sakutaro which hit him in the leg freezing it. Sapphire quickly pulled out an ice heal and used it on Sakutaro.

"Flame Charge Sakutaro" she said noticing the Buneary dozing off. Sakutaro ran at the Buneary surrounded by fire. He hit the Buneary dead on leaving the wild Pokemon half asleep and dazed. Seeing her chance Sapphire pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it at the Buneary who disappeared with a red light the ball falling to the ground shaking once....twice.....three times before it clicked. "Great Job Sakutaro" she said happily petting the Flareon before retrieving the Pokeball containing her new Pokemon and turning back to Brian and Maxwell.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Sci hi cith" 'Do I look like a guard to you? Security is not my job.' Blade growled.

Having taken his sweet time Blade was shocked when he saw Jason and Tempest rushing towards the shore.

"Schi" 'Gah see ya!' Blade shouted launching himself into the air.

Blade instantly rejoined the race and flew near super sonic to get to the beach first. Funny thing is Jason knew how much of a sore loser Blade could be, so when the stakes weren't too high he made sure to trick Blade into giving it his all, and then some. Jason was still a young trainer, but he had more then his fair share of tricks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln walked with Amanda into the abandoned dorm, after a quick look around to make sure no one spotted them. His hand twitched towards his pokeballs, but Jackson wasn't very quiet and Bixi couldn't get around all that well on land... best to wait until they were needed before releasing either one of them. With any luck neither one would be. Hopefully the first pokemon they came across would be an Abra, Manda could catch it and they could get out of there without any trouble.

"I dunno. From what my pops said it sounded like the place was abandoned because the ghost pokemon took over, y'know?"​

Years
Jack Jacobs

It worked the swift just seemed too much for the combusken who failed at an attempt to counter with flamethrower before fainting. And to Jacks relieve Blade seemed to have shaken off the burn but still limping from pain. The battle was a little fulfilling for the scizor as he was able to stand and soak up the pain during Tyros rambling. "Stop!" Blade shouted before his eardrums exploded due to the excessive chatter "It was a good fight one more flamethrower and i would have been done for" Blade was humble and will always admit a good fight to a good opponent. "Anytime you want to train just tell me"

Lucia walked over and congratulated Jack it was a good fight indeed a nice opening to his second first day in the academy. "I just came back actually, i was here a couple weeks but had to leave" Jack didn't want to explain fully why he left so he made sure to change the topic of himself quickly. "Yeah it was interesting tactics you were using, how long have you been here?"

Jack started walking towards a bench it was a good fight and he needed a seat to calm himself down.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Tyron pumped a fist into the air, "Awesome dude! Well, Lucia would have to okay it, but sure! Anytime anyplace dude!"

Lucia sat on the bench beside Jack, "Actually I am very new here, this is my first day here. It must have been hard to leave your friends when you left, but surely they still must be around? If you just scout around you'll find them again I'm sure. What's your number? I would like to be able to meet up with you again."

Roberto just watched as Blade left before he went back to Lucia. Lucia watched Roberto come and smiled, "This is my bodyguard Roberto." The Scizor just inclined his head and stood right behind Lucia.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
Bree Hastings
________________________________________________________​

Bree walked out of her dorm, and began to walk with Porkers. She made her way to the hallway and looked around like she did before. Porker's follow Bree as they headed towards the exit. "Maybe we c'n meet some new folks outdoor's first, what'cha think Porker?" Bree asked. Porkers nodded and smiled happily, then traced off ahead with out Bree. She rolled her eye's and began to run forwards over to Porkers. The Tepig had stopped and waited for Bree at the enterance. "Thank's for waitin' lil' buddy, let's head on now." She opened the door right after her speech, and walked out with her pokemon. Breathing in the air, Bree let out a happy sigh and headed to the Courtyard. Allot of other teen's were there, talking and doing stuff.

"Maybe I should join one of 'emm" She thought to herself. While Bree wasn't looking, Porkers raced towards a bench not to far away. He hopped on a guy who was sitting there (Jack) and began to lick his face. Bree turned around, and noticed Porkers was gone. "Porkers?" She called out. Looking around, Bree spotted Porkers licking a guy's face. "Porkers!" She shouted again. Bree ran to Porkers and took the Tepig of off the person, she kept him in her arms. "Bad boy Porkers." She said, as she tapped the little Tepigs nose. Bree turned to the boy, and said. "Im sorry there. Sometimes lil' Porkers here, gets'a exited meet new people. Ain't that right Porkers." Porkers nodded, still happy. He jumped out of Bree's hand and sat down next to the boy.

"Im Bree, it's a pleasure to meet'cha." She said, as she pulled her hat up then back down with a smile.

Back