• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I want to see a Fire/Psycic or a Fire/Poison

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Double on the fire/Poison. Perhaps it can be based on flammable toxins in the air, or something like that. Or maybe another Skunk.

Another Combo I wanna see is Steel/Poison... we have Electric/Ground, and Ground/Flying already so why not match up the rest of the types with immunities what they're immune. And as mentioned already on this thread, Normal/Ghost too.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
My question is what would it look like?

I would imagine it being just like a Halloween costume type sheet ghost. It would be a really simplistic design, which in my opinion would be refreshing.

I also agree with the conflicting type combinations, because they can lead to some really awesome and possible useful Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Trying to wrap my head around Normal/Ghost...1 weakness, 2 resistances (which is kinda bad) and 3 immunities (two of which probably aren't that important but I guess all three are ok)...course since its a ghost chances for 4 immunities exists thanks to Levitate, but still, it only resists Poison (not used that often anyway outside of Toxic really) and Bug which is again, a not very used type offensively.

Then you have its poor attack choices. Effectively its only good against Psychic and Ghost types. While both are ok, a Normal/Ghost without some extraordinary stats will most likely never really see any use. Then its resisted by a lot of types offensively. Rock, Steel, Dark, and can't hit other Normals or Ghosts depending on what moves it has.

Both offensively and defensively its a very neutral Pokemon to use and wouldn't be a fan favorite choice for roughly anything. Like I said it would have to have some amazing stats to make up for the bland type coverage and have a highly diverse move pool to make up for its own lack of attack options.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Fire/Grass, didn't I already make something like that? I think it was a chilli pokemon called Burilli, it was a Fire/Grass pokemon I made up a few pages ago.

I would really like a Grass/Ghost that is like a jack-o-lantern, it would also make sense because pokemon X & Y come out in October (in Australia at least), and Halloween is in October as well, so I would not be surprised at all if GF made a pumpkin pokemon

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Halloween... Some pumpkin Poke might be really cool. Ghost/Dark or Ghost/Grass. :D or probably Grass/Fire lol with Wonder Guard? o_o XD

But that might be too strong :x I mean, only really weak to rock/flying is even lower than Shedinja's!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh hey if they made Pokemon evil then maybe this generation's Pikachu could actually be... a dark version of it, unrelated to it, but just... evil?

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I agree with Midnight-Umbreon, I would love gen 6's Pikachu ripoff to be Electric/Dark, I also don't want it to be a worthless pile of suck, *cough* Emolga *cough*.

Spoiler:

(Not my design)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I like the first one! But the second one doesn't really seem Pokemon-y. :( looks like something you'd find in a random anime. :x

Years
Fighting-Flying please!!
Dark-Electric sounds like some cool combinations
Steel-Poison hmm sounds nice may be a defensive pokes especially if it will have Levitate or a recycle ability to get back the popped up air balloons. :D

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
On the topic of Ice/Electric and Fire/Water Pokemon, I think I know what they could do with both of those.

I've been thinking about Cryogonal evolving into an Ice/Electric-type, based on thundersnow -- just imagine a Cryogonal with the bottom half shrouded by a dark thundercloud with its tentacles hanging from the cloud. It'd make Cryogonal so much better, and would give it a much wider movepool.

As for a Water/Fire-type, I'm thinking of a squid with a volcano for a head -- kind of based on underwater volcanoes. =P It could learn moves like Scald, Lava Plume, Hydro Pump, Rock Blast, and Octazooka, and then its support moves could be stuff like Smokescreen, Will-O-Wisp, Rock Polish, Wrap, and Haze. It could also have Suction Cups and Aftermath for abilities. Of course, even though it's a Water-type, it couldn't learn any Ice attacks, seeing how it's part-volcano; I mean, that only seems logical, and not every Water-type should have access to Ice attacks. =P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Water/Fire could be some kind of Steam pokemon too, since water become steam when it's too hot.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Water/Fire could be some kind of Steam pokemon too, since water become steam when it's too hot.

Steam in general isn't too appealing, although it could be an underwater, and be one of those uhhh... creatures that create steam underwater. Probably like seaweed or something idk. I don't actually really... remember what it is, but there was a documentary on it. :X

Also STAB Scald!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Steam in general isn't too appealing, although it could be an underwater, and be one of those uhhh... creatures that create steam underwater. Probably like seaweed or something idk. I don't actually really... remember what it is, but there was a documentary on it. :X

What you're thinking of aren't actually creatures, no creatures on earth can create steam! :laugh:
You were probably thinking of hydrothermal vents, they are simply fissures in the Earths crust (generally at the bottom of the ocean, however they can happen on the surface and that's how hot-springs are made!), that releases tonnes of heat and energy from the mantle into the water - thus creating steam.
Ha ha, sorry for the science lesson guys!

I think that the typing should be water/ground or fire/ground.

Back