• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this a good gastrodon set?

Years
I've bred a gastrodon and was wondering if this set is a good one or if I need to make a new one.
Nature: calm
Ability: storm drain
Item: leftovers
Iv spread: 31/0/31/31/31/31
Ev spread: hp - 252, def - 124, spd - 134
Moveset: scald, recover, toxic, mirror coat.
I figured that having scald is a good attacking move and has the chance to burn, which would minimise the blow from physical attacks. Mirror coat is used to counter special attackers by using their special moves against them. Recover is used for recovery. Toxic is used for wall pokemon which would not be affected by burn from scald as much. Leftovers is used for passive recovery. I chose the calm nature to wall special attacks better, so then I am able to use mirror coat against the opponent. I wanted to create an ev spread which balanced out both defences.
Please leave possible improvements for this set.

Last edited:
Back