• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
playing platinum on no$gba and after 149:somthing it goes all glitchy like when you use nastey plot you can see through the pokemon help please

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
the save file is corrupted the previous save file will be loaded the game plays fine appart from pal pak it always says saving failed
help aprreciated

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
How do you save on no$gba? These are the options under 'file':

cartridge menu (files.lts)
cartridge menu (filename)
load snapshot
write snapshot
load e-reader dot code
exit

Normally other emulators have 'save state' and 'load state.' At least VBA does. This isn't really my forte though. Help?

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
can i put my rijon adventure pokemon in pal park to migrate to platinum

PKMN Trainer Alison

I'll follow you into the dark.
Years
Because every version I downloaded was behaving as a trojan. It's establishing an internet connection with a remote address which a Pokemon hack shouldn't need to do.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Does anyone know ANY programs besides Advance Text that can edit Oaks speech in FR?
It's pretty easy with a Hex Editor and a table file.

Anyway, these types of questions go in the Simple Questions thread in the Beginner's Lounge section; this is for Emulation questions.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I've got a new problem with VBA:
Whenever I try to play a hack in VBA, an error comes up: "Cannot create Directsound 0000001". The hack works as normal, but without sound. I've never had this problem in VBA before. Any help?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Chrunch, I moved your post here as it's asking more about an emulator, than anything really related to one's own ROM Hack. Crimson Stardust had commented on your question, but never gave an answer. So, if you're still interested in knowing what he said, then here's that piece of his quote.

I have this problem with the d/n system,

it did not work when i play it on vba.

I already implement the d/n system to the fire red rom but it did not work,

then after some time, it start working yet again but now it stop working again after i switch to a new rom.

I did enable real time clock on vba emulator and also have implement the d/n system but it still cannot work.

I hope there is a solution to this.
As for the answer to your question, I may not have it, but hopefully somebody here will.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
On the subject of migration, would it be possible to migrate through an emulator?
Yes, indeed there is. DeSmuME is able to do something like that, I'm sure of it. I'm not sure if it will work though but it's best to give it a try. ;)
To open up a GBA file on DeSmuME, click Emulation at the top, then click GBA Slot, then click the bar to choose from the list, then click GBA game, then click browse to look for the GBA file.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
I have downloaded some .sav files and have absolutely no problems with these, but when i start my own new game, i keep getting the "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed." problem.

I've made the changes that are mentioned in the FAQ's thread but am still getting this error. Is there any other way around it, and why are my other .SAV files working fine?

All these are on the Fire Red ROM by the way

Cheers for any help

Years
is there a gameshark code that lets you replace a hm move with a move ive been looking for a long time and cant find 1 so if anybody knows it then plz tell me :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2011
I'm new to this and i hope i'm posting in the right place etc.
But i use a visualboy advanced. but how do I play the ".jps" files that most of the rom hacks are in? :S

Back