• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald: 4th Gen Music

Exelis'20

Cancer
Years
Hey Ipatix. Help! The U.S path version 1.0 can't patch. And also, when i'm playing the version 1.1 in VBA, i can't hear the drums.. Help please..

ipatix

Sound Expert
Years
Update:

So, after a while I now finally managed to finish this project more or less. There is finally an up-to-date US versions and all of the patches have been equipped with my HQ mixer 2.0 for the most pleasent experience.
Also I now have a package that include all source files. Incase you want to use only certain parts of this patch feel free to browse the files and use them in your projects but remember the Credit conditions. They also apply for using the most tiny part of this package.
So here is the downloads:

DPPt patch Emerald GER V3.0:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28573353/Community Zeug/PokeCom/DPPtMusic_EM_GER_V3_0.7z
DPPt patch Emerald US (1.0) V3.0:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28573353/Community Zeug/PokeCom/DPPtMusic_EM_US10_V3_0.7z
DPPt patch Emerald US (1.1) V3.0:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28573353/Community Zeug/PokeCom/DPPtMusic_EM_US11_V3_0.7z

*Source Package*:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28573353/Community Zeug/PokeCom/DPPtMusicBaseSrc.7z

And finally I want to thank you who has been following me here so far and enjoys this project.

PS: Sadly but truly I won't make an official release for a Fire Red version since there is issues with my HQ mixer and Fire Red and I don't really want to put any more work into this project. It has been fun to do but after 3 years of progress I want to get it to an end.

phazonruler

veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
This sounds really good actually. Can you tell me how you did this? I am working on music for a rom hack, Pokémon Hourglass, and it would be really cool to have additional sounds available. I already know how to insert music with Sappy and loop it, but having DPPT or HGSS sounds would be cool. The rom base that we're using is Pokémon Firered (U). Any help would be appreciated!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
This sounds really good actually. Can you tell me how you did this? I am working on music for a rom hack, Pokémon Hourglass, and it would be really cool to have additional sounds available. I already know how to insert music with Sappy and loop it, but having DPPT or HGSS sounds would be cool. The rom base that we're using is Pokémon Firered (U). Any help would be appreciated!

My mega huge sappy tutorial covers how to do this. However, I have a patch that has HGSS music and the GB player as well. Links to those are in my signature.

phazonruler

veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
My mega huge sappy tutorial covers how to do this. However, I have a patch that has HGSS music and the GB player as well. Links to those are in my signature.

Ok thanks. I've actually come across the tutorial before but rushed through the text so I didn't read eveything.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Well.. this is actually pretty cool but wouldn't be better add new versions for the Emerald music itself?
I mean.. is kinda weird to listen Platinum Songs when you're playing Emerald and not Platinum xD..

Cya~

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Well.. this is actually pretty cool but wouldn't be better add new versions for the Emerald music itself?
I mean.. is kinda weird to listen Platinum Songs when you're playing Emerald and not Platinum xD..

Cya~

It's not a hack that you play. It's a rombase that use for creating a hack. It's not meant for playing alone (although you could)

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
This update is amazing (yes, I know I'm a bit late...), but there is just one thing I'm wondering: I can't find platinum's regi battle theme anywhere, could you add that too?

ipatix

Sound Expert
Years
Update:

So, I've been working the last few days to redo the assembling process. The assembly and linking now works without my linkerscript generating tool and with make instead of windows batch. Because of using make, the assembly process does not require the reassembly of every file each time.

In addition to that, I also run the linker with "--gc-sections" which effectively will remove anything that is not reference in the tree from "_start" (which I placed at the songtable). Therefor anything you don't use won't get into the binary any you don't waste any space.

Download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2p3hewtlhv3wfc5/DPPtMusicBaseSrc.7z?dl=1

To apply the source package to an existing ROM, edit the "Makefile" and change "TARGET_OFFSET" to the location you want to place the soundata at. If you don't want to use the BPED songtable remove the "_start" label and the global directive from the songtable and move them to the beginning of the songlist you want to use. After that your specified songtable will be placed in the beginning of the binary file.
To start the assembly process run "make" in the "Build" directory.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
Hi ipatix,
i really appreciate your work but could you do a patch for Fire Red version ? It would be so cool :) ( US or GERMAN version , it doesn't matter )
THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR WORK !!!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 5, 2021
Sorry for being retarded but I can't manage to make it work, would anyone be so kind to help me?
I edited the Offset in "Makefile", then I opened cmd.exe and write "make" but an error occurred.
I've already applied emerald battle engine, pokedex expansion, etc. so I thought it would be similar, still I can't do it...

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
It's actually very easy to port this to FireRed, the music mixer ASM not included.
You just need to repoint the song table, all of the headers, and some more small hex editing to increase the DirectSound and track limit. Maybe I'll post it here if I made it to work if that's okay.

Last edited:

BluRose

blu rass
Years
um hi
found this document lying around, it's not complete but it's something. just a general songlist of what i could pinpoint with lots of flying around the sinnoh region
Spoiler:
day/night pairs:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
um hi
found this document lying around, it's not complete but it's something. just a general songlist of what i could pinpoint with lots of flying around the sinnoh region
Spoiler:
day/night pairs:
Spoiler:
Thanks for sharing it! This will help a lot of people that will use this patch.

BluRose

blu rass
Years
got super bored (school's out)
ported this to fire red over the course of a long time today and yesterday
had to compile some tools for this ahaha (bin2asm where?)
samples took forever to figure out how to compile properly, i essentially gave up using the given makefile
i have to wake up in 4 hours, send help

now ported to fire red

Spoiler:

okay friendos
updated fire red so that it has all of the songs inserted

included in the download is three versions of this patch plus the song list

"timeless" is one without rtc; only plays daytime music
"with primal dns" is one with primal-dialga's rtc and the evolve at day/night evolutions fixed (applied using the tool). this one switches the music based on time of day
"with sq dns" is one with shinyquagsire's wizard dn system as patched by nisarg, also switching the music based on time of day

edit: tested the d/n switching routine, and it works
will be releasing a version later today with expanded tables because we want EVERY song on either rom

edit2: new download
fire red on all three versions has every single midi included in ipatix's source inserted and the song list is updated as much as i could identify
emerald's song list was slightly corrected
emerald is also missing exactly five tracks, so i figured i wouldn't really bother with trying to correct that. if someone needs any of the remaining five in their emerald hack (galactic encounter, kid encounter, evolution stubbed/maybe trading?, the basement of veilstone's galactic hq, or SEQ_REPORT), just contact me and i will do my best to add it into emerald in a timely manner

give credits to ipatix and shinyquagsire or primal-dialga if you use their individual rtc systems, please :)

edit: sorry to anyone who found this and decided to try to use it, i'll try and update it so that the music actually does its thing
it's been out for a while and i never tested anything outside of sappy, yikesss

Last edited:

SlowbroMusicyo

Kumquat
Years
I know you will never see this but I was learning how to insert samples into sappy, and it talked about your frequency calculator but I can't find it, can you please let me know if it still exsists

Back