• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
Years
I just saw someone on Tumblr say that Team Rocket aren't going to be in the anime anymore. Is there actual news for this, or were they possibly talking about the fact that they're not in Best Wishes as often as they used to be?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I just saw someone on Tumblr say that Team Rocket aren't going to be in the anime anymore. Is there actual news for this, or were they possibly talking about the fact that they're not in Best Wishes as often as they used to be?

I've searched the internet for quite a while regarding this post and nothing official (or unofficial) came up, so it's not seeming likely... There's a lot of theories of "Why I think Team Rocket will leave the anime soon" mostly based on their lack of activity, but nothing official so I'm guessing it was probably just a rumour or someone commenting on the fact that they're in it less :3

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2013
What's that song???

Hey, everybody! I'm new to these forums.

I'm in need of your guys' help badly. There's a song from the anime that I've searched high and low for and can't seem to find and/or download. I've looked through all of the soundtracks as thoroughly as I possibly could, and still came up with nothing.

I would be ever-so-grateful if someone could identify it for me and point to where I can download it.

Description:
It's a creepy song that plays at the very beginning of Abra and the Psychic Showdown (where Sabrina and her younger self are sitting on the throne), and in the Japanese version of Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back (towards the beginning, where we're shown a flashback of Dr. Fuji creating the Aitwo hologram, and his wife leaves him).

This song's been stuck in my head forever. Please help me out, guys!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hey, everybody! I'm new to these forums.

I'm in need of your guys' help badly. There's a song from the anime that I've searched high and low for and can't seem to find and/or download. I've looked through all of the soundtracks as thoroughly as I possibly could, and still came up with nothing.

I would be ever-so-grateful if someone could identify it for me and point to where I can download it.

Description:
It's a creepy song that plays at the very beginning of Abra and the Psychic Showdown (where Sabrina and her younger self are sitting on the throne), and in the Japanese version of Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back (towards the beginning, where we're shown a flashback of Dr. Fuji creating the Aitwo hologram, and his wife leaves him).

This song's been stuck in my head forever. Please help me out, guys!

Was this the one?

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
The Temporarily Banned Episode Question

The following Pokémon original anime TV show episode "The Tower of Terror" was temporarily banned in the United States right after the September 11, and the reason has never been confirmed yet. So, when will it ever be confirmed, just never?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
It was never confirmed, no. It was just taken out of rotation due to the 9/11 attack. But was put back in rotation a little while after. I don't think the reason is ever going to be confirmed at this point.

Years
To better go into explanation of what Yuki's Sword said, here's what is stated on Bulbapedia on the episode's page:
Bulbapedia said:
The episode was temporarily banned from re-airing on Kids' WB! after the September 11 attacks. It was later put back into circulation. Due to this, Kids' WB! refused to give the tape to Cartoon Network for them to air this episode back in 2002. They have since conceded the rights to air it.

The episode was temporarily banned because of the title for some odd reason. It has since been put back into circulation when Cartoon Network acquired the rights to air Pokemon in the US. The Tower of Terror is not the only episode to have been temporarily banned as a result of the September 11 attacks, it also happened with Tentacool and Tentacruel, but the reason why that episode was temporarily banned was due to a scene where Tentacruel destroys a building (which is also part of the Season 1 opening).

Dragooncroft

Tomb Raider
Years
Question regarding the ending of The Legend of Thunder

So I have watched this, what would you call it... movie. A great movie, in fact! But one thing I would like to ask is about the content in this video:

Now I have watched the movie only in English online (for nostalgia reasons), but I have never seen that before. Was it cut from the English version? I've looked around a bit but that's all I think I can figure. Also, if it's only in the Japanese version, can someone give me the link to the ending, because in the video, immediately cut off at the beginning, I see them turning to go down the road (which looks like it did get cut off). Is the music in the video supposed to be there (I figure). I see the part at the very very end of the video, and well, it's really cute :p

Thanks a ton! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If its not in the English one then it was obviously cut to make room for commercials and save time. Most likely there isn't one that exists with the full ending. Its very common thing to happen to imported cartoons, anime, and movies.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
It was indeed cut from the English Version. 4kids cuts a lot of things. And sadly, I looked on Youtube but I couldn't find the English ending, I apologize. That is another thing I don't know. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be there because the Pokemon Company does everything with intention.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
So, I just watched a review on Pokemon the First Movie and I realized something. Ash has died a good amount of times in the series. Has someone actually made a list of all his deaths/near-death experiences he's faced? And if so, where can I find it?

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Ash's voice

I have been watching the first 3 seasons for a while, and finally completed it. Later that day, I saw an episode of Unova on Cartoon Network was on. I went to it because I have never watched anything in this region before. Then I heard ash talk, and it doesn't sound like him from the first few seasons. Does anyone know when they changed voice actors, and how many they have had?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
The dub switched voice actors after Season 8, when TPCi started dubbing Pokémon instead of 4Kids. Ash has technically had three voice actors if you count the alternate TPCi one in Mastermind of the Mirage Pokémon [Kayzie Rogers], but for everything else it was just Veronica Taylor and then Sarah Natochenny.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
Why some of the main characters' Pokémon refuse to evolve

Some of the following main characters' Pokémon from the Pokémon anime TV show, who decided that they wouldn't be able to evolve include:

• Ash's Pikachu & Bulbasaur
  • Dawn's Piplup
  • Meowth of the Team Rocket
So, does anyone really knows about the reason they refused to evolve? And why does Meowth of the Team Rocket hates Persian?

Luc-R-io

Unhatched Riolu Egg
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 1, 2015
I dont know why the main characters' pokemon dont want to evolve, but isnt the reason why Meowth hates Persian is because Meowth is jealous? Meowth wants to be the one getting petted and loved by the big boss (Giovanni)? I mean... that's always what I thought at least

Ash's Pikachu won't evolve because that's the mascot of Pokemon. And maybe, just maybe, they want to keep some pokemon cute so kids will still like the show?

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Right, well, the out-of-universe explanation for Pikachu is just that he's the mascot and they ain't gonna evolve him. Especially not this long into it. In-universe, though...

Pikachu didn't want to evolve just to beat Lt Surge's Raichu, and now just doesn't want to evolve because he likes being a Pikachu and feels he can do everything a Raichu could just just as well. Piplup didn't want to evolve because he liked the way he is and preferred to stay that way. Same with Bulbasaur. I guess all their reasons are pretty similar.

Meowth is a bit tricky, as his general past is a bit hazy. He might have once been Giovanni's Top Cat, only to be replaced by a Persian. That's pretty debatable, though, as some episodes seem to contradict that story. The other reason would be that he lost the Meowth he loved to a Persian pride leader. That's definitely true, but the Top Cat explanation has been given in-show to explain the hatred. Even if it might not be entirely truthful.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
aaaaand merging this into the simple questions thread!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
According to an anime book I read some Pokemon don't evolve because they like there current form or personality and don't want to change form. That's what I know, anyway, but I honestly doubt that this is entirely true because each Pokemon has its own reason not to evolve.

droomph

weeb
Years
hey so

Would you guys say that a new PMD episode is going to be made? I would really like that, but…anybody who knows even a little more will be able to explain it better to me :p

tnfsf11

I've just re-watched the very first episode & in a scene there was a golden Ho-Oh, what gives?
Also on the cover of the first movie there was Snubbull, a gen 2 pokemon...
Can someone tell me what's going on & why they did this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back