• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Oh yeah, those unlockables were insane.

I lost to Duck Hunt Dog around 3 times before finally getting him. Everybody else I managed to beat, but they definitely were a lot tougher than in previous titles.

My top 3 as of now are:

Gaur Plain: A great stage taken from a great game (which I still haven't beaten yet!). I sometimes pick this stage just to listen to "You Will Know Our Names". Man, Xenoblade has really awesome music! xD

Unova Pokemon League: Black and White are currently my favorite games in the series, and I'm glad the games were represented so well in this stage. I like how it changes from a floating stage to a walk-off on occasion.

Paper Mario: Despite the bad taste that Sticker Star left in my mouth, I really like this stage, which takes from Thousand-Year Door as well, my favorite game of the series. When the stage music switches to Rogueport, I get an urge to play TTYD again. But I can't, I must play Smash! xD

I KNOW, ROGUEPORT MUSIC! I actually bought a copy to play on the Wii last month. I actually love the sticker star part of the stage, b/c the actual game had a great aestetic, but it just lacked...a soul. Flavio's ship, with the blooper and waves is just perfect.

I also love Gaur Plains. Very earthy with beautiful landscape in the background.

Also, the best counter to Duck Hunt is oddly Palutena for me. Fox would also work. I used Palutena to reflect his projectiles and combo with a staff hit. Then, he will immediately attack, and I would use the counterattack. Don't you love predictable CPU's?

Anyway, that's how I beat him without taking any damage. Other than that, I still haven't found a use for Palutena other than a few projectile-focused fighters. Fox is probably a better pick, but he doesn't have the counter attack. (rather he has speed and quicker projectiles.)

Years
I'm glad that in this game the difference between the better characters and worse characters is much smaller. It's good that they put a lot more effort into balancing :)

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
Which are your favorite stages?

Mine are:

1. Paper Mario
Spoiler:

2. Spirit Train
Spoiler:

3. Magicant
Spoiler:

There are so many pretty levels on such a small screen!

ah i need to earn these stages. is it just by unlocking characters?
i always use toon link and zero suit samus. im obsessed with smash runs. wish you could do smash runs online with random people.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
ah i need to earn these stages. is it just by unlocking characters?
i always use toon link and zero suit samus. im obsessed with smash runs. wish you could do smash runs online with random people.
I'm pretty sure you start with both the Paper Mario stage and the Spirit Train stage, but you unlock Magicant when you get Ness.

And doing Smash Run with other people online sounds like a good idea.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
I'm pretty sure you start with both the Paper Mario stage and the Spirit Train stage, but you unlock Magicant when you get Ness.

And doing Smash Run with other people online sounds like a good idea.

ah. i haven't seen those stages those. i have the Magicant stage.

i think the reason why there isn't smash runs cause of the lag it would cause.

Years
Most of the unlock characters I made it so they' would waste a recovery and fall of the stage Bowser jr. was the hardest because on sm3dl stage the level is the thing that will kill you most of the time. I actually really dislike the paper mario stage for the third phase where it's really easy to die right after the transition.Also did Sonic get buffed? I don't remember being able to ko someone with the homing attack in brawl.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Most unlocks took me multiple trys. I learn a lot by challenging level 9 computers.

Online is still unreliable. Team for Fun has worked often and is more fun for me than 1v1 right now.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Which are your favorite stages?

Rainbow Road: It's the place where I want to go when I die

Paper Mario: That Rougeport music brings a tear to my eye whenever I play this stage

Lumoise City: Little to no stage hazards

Ferox Arena: Id (Purpose) and Melee's Fire Emblem music, enough said

Boxing Ring: The only hazard is the breakable lights, also the "Stole my bike" remix is played

Gaur Plains: Listening to "You Will Know Our Names" while playing this stage makes me really feeling it

Pac-Maze: Much better than the NSMB2 stage, as you don't turn invincible after eating the Pac Pellet. Gotta love the default song for this stage, which uses the exact sound chip used in Namco's arcade games in the early 80's

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
Years
It's a lot harder to do a Ken combo in SSB4. I've only done it once in this version. It definitely doesn't help that Marth's sword is shorter than it was in Brawl/Melee.
There's also the fact that Melee is much faster than Brawl or SSB4.
They also changed the fact that you have to hit them with the end of Marth's/Lucina's sword to get the Meteor Effect to work.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Lumiose City because the sightseeing also
PAC-amaze because of all awesome it looks and that music ;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
My favorite stage is Mute City because I am obsessed with SNES and it's sound.
Then Arena Ferox because of the Fire Emblem Together We Ride remix.
Oh and of course....
The Game Boy stage! (Dream Land)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I really only play on the omega versions of stages, so I don't exactly like the stages for the stages themselves for the most part. I like them more for the music. My favorites are:
-Final Destination
-Find Mii
-Unova Pokemon League
-Boxing Ring
-Gaur Plains
-Arena Ferox (so glad they put Id: Purpose in the stage)

Fire Emblem Together We Ride remix.
All I can every think of now when I see the words "Together We Ride" is this:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Boxing Ring is such an amazing stage to fight on. I have mixed feelings about the lights falling down, but the stage overall creates a neutral playing field for fights. Plus with the Punch Out music in the background, who wouldn't want to fight on such a kickass stage?

Years
I kinda wish you could turn off stage hazards (and helpers), without using the omega versions.

Like, the magicant level, a favorite of mine, it's sometimes annoying with the flying men. But the music and the stage are brilliant AND I like the difficulty/complexity of platforms. It feels more like the platformer/fighting game as it was originally intended.

(Though, I do like the omega stages as well, since it is a different challenge all together.)

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
My favorite stage is probably Gerudo Valley.

I've heard complaints about the stage hazards, but the attack is telegraphed so much that it's your own fault if you get hurt, and the platforms and falling bridge make it interesting to fight in as all kinds of characters.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I beat Game & Watch! It was super hard the first time, especially since I was using an unfamiliar character at the time. But I played Smash Run with Ganondorf, and I had no problem beating him really fast, haha! Ganon is one of my new regulars.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I beat Game & Watch! It was super hard the first time, especially since I was using an unfamiliar character at the time. But I played Smash Run with Ganondorf, and I had no problem beating him really fast, haha! Ganon is one of my new regulars.

He's so sluggish though, I'm surprised you're able to handle him well.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
He is, but I guess that's just my play style, lol. He's slow but he's not clumsy, if that makes sense.

True that. I'm just not used to his style of fighting I suppose. I like to play with quicker characters like Little Mac or Sheik from Melee. I feel like I have a lot more control over the character that way.

Back