• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit VX Ace

guitargodd97

Video Game Creator
Years
How soon do you estimate until you release a version of this? This is just me wondering out of curiosity, and not like me saying, hurry up and get it done. I would much rather prefer it to take you a long time, and have a really nice version of this than for you to rush and have it done really fast but not have it be of good quality.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
How soon do you estimate until you release a version of this? This is just me wondering out of curiosity, and not like me saying, hurry up and get it done. I would much rather prefer it to take you a long time, and have a really nice version of this than for you to rush and have it done really fast but not have it be of good quality.

It's still asking for a release date, which isn't allowed.

DOA_Hitomi

Deadly Rocket Executive
Years
Let me know when you decide to release this Starter Kit, I would love to use it to
transform my Pokemon Fire Red Hack into an actual PC Game. It's like a goal of mine, just waiting on an Starter Kit for RPG Maker VX Ace.

DOA_Hitomi

Deadly Rocket Executive
Years
All of it, yes :D
Everything will be in the Black/White Style.
I will definitely use this kit when it comes out, I would love to make my Pokemon Game into an real Game instead of being just an hack of Pokemon Fire Red. But, I am more excited about bring the game from 3rd Generation to the 5th Generation. Now that will be fun.^^ lol

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
Haha I came across this earlier and I nearly had a heart attack... until I looked at the post date:

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Profile
If anyone is reading my profile, i've left PokeCommunity for good to concentrate on Character Developing RPGs. You can however still contact me on my site, PlanetDev.

So err, thanks for everything, and maybe i'll see you around
Sorry to let everyone down, but this will be my last post here on PokeCommunity, for good this time, i'm leaving.

It's been a good run, but i don't enjoy making Pokemon games as much as i used to, it's all the character developing games, and it always has been really.

So sorry, and goodbye!
(As the quote says, you can still contact me on PlanetDev!)

Well I don't think that plan lasted long since you're still here and still bringing the updates in. :D

Can't wait for the starter kit.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
im assuming this can not be used alongside 'normal' rpgmaker vxace battles (using the actual hero with there own skills and equipment) and allowing the whole capture and using in battle as a way to get more heroes?

Years
im assuming this can not be used alongside 'normal' rpgmaker vxace battles (using the actual hero with there own skills and equipment) and allowing the whole capture and using in battle as a way to get more heroes?

You're right there, it can't!
Pokemon uses way more data than the database can currently handle. (I'm sure it could handle it, but it's just not supported as we can't edit the tabs etc)

I think I may have to change the style of this kit to R/S/E because of the lack of resources.
I will however add the newer features as I see fit. Animated battlers etc.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Pokemon uses way more data than the database can currently handle. (I'm sure it could handle it, but it's just not supported as we can't edit the tabs etc)

I think I may have to change the style of this kit to R/S/E because of the lack of resources.

Good idea my fine sir. At the end of the day, it's still going to be at least one kit that lets people make a pokemon game on VXAce. Keep up the fine work.

Years
Heh, yeah.
Well I'll make it a mixture of styles anyway, but so they blend well.

Progress today:

+More Configuration added
+Title Screen made, and coded
+Load Screen coded

And here's a bonus screenshot!

idtxzc.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021

If you need some resources, just pm me I'll probably be able to get whatever you need. I can compile tilesets etc

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
''still be''
I don't think any starter kit has been 3D.

I'm not 100% sure if there is a 3D like code for VXAce.

Back