• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
EDIT: It works but no icons show up and can't load a rom...

Are you sure? The icons for .PKS files only show up after running AssociateShell.bat, which presumably won't work on Win98 (although it doesn't really matter that much).
There is no visible change on loading a ROM, it just enables certain ROM functions (compile, decompile, free space finder, etc) and if you've loaded a gold ROM, switches the autocomplete lists.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2009
Where can you find the script offset?

i'm sorry for repeating or breaking rules

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
lol
you don't "edit" a new one, you make it XD
since you are using PKSV to find the offset of your new script simply type #dynamic 0x800000 and PKSV will tell you the offset once your script is compiled. Then copy the offset of the script that you start at and assign it to a person in advancemap...
lol "edit a new script"

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
uh?
Open your rom in advancemap
Go to the map
Create/Choose a person to assign the script to
Copy the script offset that pksv gave you
And paste it into the "script offset" box on the right of advance-map

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2009
When I compile it says 'File not found or user cancel'.
And when I put it in AMap and click Open Script,it appear a script editor but the text in side is complete different from the script I made.(I copy the simple script on this site and paste into my notepad so my script is the same as the simple script on this site)
So I wonder what was I did wrong?Please someone help me!!!Thanks very very very much!!!!!!!!!

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
lol use my script generator silly :D
uh
it goes something like this
Spoiler:

hope this helps ^_^

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
Years
Whenever I click on AssociateShell.bat, the window comes up, but it says something like... "PKSV is not here. Please move this to your PKSV folder. Press any key to quit."
I've moved all the files to a different folder like you said, so I don't see what could be wrong.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Whenever I click on AssociateShell.bat, the window comes up, but it says something like... "PKSV is not here. Please move this to your PKSV folder. Press any key to quit."
I've moved all the files to a different folder like you said, so I don't see what could be wrong.
Yeah, this is a bug in the current version; I've already fixed this for the next version but I don't feel I've made significant enough updates to warrant releasing it.

But if you want, I'll release it.

Sonic2000

Shadows will rule the world!
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Um... this is off topic, but, on advance map, what do you do with the person event no.s?

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
Years
Yeah, this is a bug in the current version; I've already fixed this for the next version but I don't feel I've made significant enough updates to warrant releasing it.

But if you want, I'll release it.

That'd be great. I think this scripter program will be the one for me.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
easy!
Spoiler:

just fill in the brackets with appropriate information

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
Flag Numbers

I cant seem to create a give Pokemon script. I cant find the flag numbers anywhere, does anyone know where i can find them ?

Also, when i change the offset for some scripts they don't seem to work, when i test out the script in the game it freezes. What am i doing wrong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back