• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Sparkling Yellow

What region should I add after Kanto?

• Johto

Votes: 182 43.8%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 58 13.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 47 11.3%
  • Orre

Votes: 129 31.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Will you be able to get all kanto starters in this game like in the original yellow?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Will you be able to get all kanto starters in this game like in the original yellow?

Yes, as you can see in the Ranch Screenie, there is a bulbasaur available for sale. The way to obtain the Pokemon will be different.

You will also be able to catch some starters wild. They will be rare though.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
OMG Im sorry some features i planned for my game are in yours... since your topic was up first I can come up with new features if you'd like...

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
OMG Im sorry some features i planned for my game are in yours... since your topic was up first I can come up with new features if you'd like...
It doesn't really matter, the chance of you or variety finishing the fangame is slim, so the features don't make a difference.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Theres only about 5 or 10 GOOD finished fangames, and to be honest, I don't think you will, sure I can say you will but that leads us in a circle.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Theres only about 5 or 10 GOOD finished fangames, and to be honest, I don't think you will, sure I can say you will but that leads us in a circle.

Saying someone wont finish is disrespectful and False, you have no idea what I will or will not do.
You sould just shut up while you still can... You got no evidence that I wont finish therefore your claim isn't rational... Now im letting it go I suggest you do the same

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Listen Listen, ok, at first, I thought I wasn't going to get this far in making the game. This is actually the longest project I have actually been working on.

Poeman, you were being really rude. Maybe, KingCharizard, if you actually put the effort you will finish your game.

Now seriously, take this somewhere else. It's not needed.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Ok guys, not much of a big update here, but I will try my best.

So, some of you may have noticed my posts in the PE Thread. Well, I am having trouble with the project. I may possibly start over. If I do not have any solution to my problem, Pokemon Sparkling Yellow will be fully revamped.

If I do revamp SY, then what graphics should I use? I am thinking I should still use Alucus' tiles, but I really do like FRLG tiles. If I do use FRLG graphics, I will create some custom tiles. They will not be exactly FRLG. So, I am not sure. Leave a post letting me know what you think.

The game will still be the same. I will improve some things, and I will put in some new things. The plot, I hope to have some new changes to it. I just want your opinion on all of this.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I like the tiles, and maps are easily transferable, which contains event data, so it wouldn't be much of a loss to attempt that :3

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Ok, sorry for the lack of updates. This is actually the first time I have been on my computer since Christmas Eve.

I haven't really worked on SY ever since I said I would revamp it. I haven't worked on it because 99.999% of the time I test the game, it doesn't load since my computer is a slow piece of crap :P So, I have saved up enough money to buy myself a new laptop, which I will use to work on Sparkling Yellow. Basically, I only have the part where you leave Pallet Town. So, here is a Mini Update Time!

[Mini Update]

The beginning has had a HUGE change to it. (Well not really but I think it's huge) Instead of being stopped when you leave Pallet Town, by Oak or Elm, you will get stopped by Gary. Oak now has this little area to the right of his lab. So, Gary tells you his grandfather isn't in his lab and you need to find him. So, you hop the fence and take a Pikachu while he takes his Eevee.

I am actually proud of the way it was coded, and I hope you do to. Expect more updates in the next week, since I will actually be able to play my game :P

Oh, and don't forget to copy the userbar in my siggy and paste it into your sig if you support the game.

[EDIT]Wow...no posts :\

Oh well, I guess nobody felt like reading a big wad of text.
SOOoO I have some screenies to show you guys.
Unfortunately, it was taken during nighttime.
But, I only took the pictures being it is rare for the game to actually load :P

So, here they are:

capture000.bmp.png

I know it looks weird, but it is Gary jumping over the fence. I just realized it kinda looks messed up.
capture001.bmp.png

Basically they steal the Pokemon :P
capture002.bmp.png

Again, Gary is jumping over the fence.
capture003.bmp.png

You guys team up, and in battle too.

So there you have it. I hope this wil get more replies, and comments.
Oh! And so far, Johto is going to be the second region!

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I dislike the new graphics, there too overused, the older ones were WAY better.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
I like the idea of you taking your pokemon instead of just getting it from the professer like usual, but I don't understand why your using those tiles and sprites your old ones were much better.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
nice screens! im so excited for this. it can truely rivel Mewtwo Strikes Back

Really hehe sweet. I think Mewtwo Strikes Back seems much better than this.

I like the idea of you taking your pokemon instead of just getting it from the professer like usual, but I don't understand why your using those tiles and sprites your old ones were much better.

I know but personally, I like the FRLG tiles much better than the HGSS. No offense to Alucus. His tiles ar lovely

I dislike the new graphics, there too overused, the older ones were WAY better.

Read what I said above.

Listen I know th graphics aren't the best. I forgot to mention that I will b geting custom tiles. They will not be ordinary FRLG tiles.

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
Years
Noooo! Get the old tiles back!!! They were cool! I don't like FRLG sprites and tiles. Use the old ones. PLEASE!

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
I think the FR/LG tiles look great! I think you should keep them.

Back