• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen [GREEN]The ugliest sprites

Elincia

Arisa Gracia: Protagonist
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2016
Lol Wigglytuff's eyeball disturbs me. :P
Although that might be the least offensive thing about it, haha.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2023
i think Hitmonchan is the worst, if you look at it carefully, it looks like togekiss watching dodo taking a sh*t

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
Exeggutor looks like he has special needs.
Machamp looks like he waiting for a reaction to a joke.
As I've seen explained many time before, Hitmonchan looks like a Togekiss watching a Doduo take a crap.
Ekans looks... wrong. Just wrong.
Wigglytuff looks like it's seen better days.
Then, of course, Moltres. What happened to the majestic fire bird?
And finally, the unholy tragedy that was originally Mew.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Spr_1g_040.png

This chick got so turnt at the club last night that's she still trippin'. Get it together girl! Look at your eyes!

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Having just played Green, I got to see every atrocious sprite the old game had to offer.

Absolute eyesores:
Mew, Bellsprout, Voltorb, Dragonite (why did they do this to DNite?)

Sprites I actually liked:
Blastoise, Mewtwo, Arcanine, Nidorino, Weezing line (I hated the Weezing line previously)

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
Years
In my opinion Zubat has the worst sprite. I mean, look at it! It looks like someone shoved two chopsticks up its backside!

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
So many of them are positively atrocious :X

Raichu, Sandslash, Wigglytuff, Vileplume, Meowth, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Alakazam, Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Victreebel, Hypno, Exeggcutor, Marowak, Lickitung, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Mew.

Seriously, Alazam looks anorexic. Mew looks like an abomination. The rest are so disportionate they make me ill.

Best sprite might be Pikachu, Clefable, Persian, Arcanine, Doduo, Muk, Mr. Mime or Magikarp.

We have come a long way since this lol

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I actually think that most Green Sprites are superior to the Blue ones, but the one that strikes me the most is Charizard, who looks more like Dragonite than Dragonite does, lmao!

Years
They're all awful. I can't believe they released the games looking like that honestly. It's like they got a ten year old to make them or something. :D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Going back and looking at them all now, I don't think there's a single one I like

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I thought Mew was like an emaciated Kabutops. Not even kidding. Charmeleon, Charizard and Arcanine look really derpy. Growlithe looks like a mutated Doge. No, really, look at Growlithe's face...it has a doge face. Bellsprout looks like it's going to wither at any moment, and Moltres...looks horrible.

But the very worst, has to be..
GR_097_front.png

Hypno's Lullaby seems so much more fitting with this sprite.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Charmeleon & Charizard look extremely docile, I don't like that at all. :(

Venusaur looks hungover.

But I have to agree with Mew being the worst, it looks nothing like what it does now.

Back