• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Of course it's complete. I wouldn't have provided the list if it weren't.I doubt PokeCry is compatible. Cries can be edited in hex. Music can be edited in hex (don't know of any documentation for it). There's a German music editor out somewhere, but I don't remember the name and it doesn't really work that well.Try shifting the pixels a bit with Ctrl-+. It sounds like your offset was off by a byte or two.

Thanx a lot. The badges look awesoem now! Been a lot of help! B)

Years
Alright I have a problem I have 2 different maps that have to link to 1 map and they stand like this:
map1<->map2
map1<->map3
The connection between map1 and map2 is good but the connection between map 1 and map 3 not... The size of map1 is 40 map2 is 24 map3 is 16...
Need help asap please because I can't move on whit my hack whitout this fixed..

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Got a question about the spinda sprite. I want to make a fakemon have a "spot" randomly appear over it body like spinda's but does that mean that spinda has several different sprites wih those spots? How does spinda's random spot thing work? My friends and I have done random spinda storages and we all have all our boxes filled with different pindas so the spots are seriously random. There's like 6 ruby versions to prove it. But how is the spots worked like that over the spinda sprite?

master morty

Master Spriter
Years
When I try to insert pokemon cries from D.P. they sound like a combination of static michrophone feedback and someone scratching their fingers down a chalk board is there anything that I'm doing wrong? I get all my pokemon cries from veekun.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, here's some more questions:
1. How do I start VB Programming? What stuff do I need with it? Are there any begining tuts?
2. Is there anyway to add another tilesets in Gold?
That's all!

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
How do I start VB Programming? What stuff do I need with it? Are there any begining tuts?
VB is a widespread discipline, you should be able to find tutorials with any search engine. I do not recommend using VB6, but rather VB.Net (which is basically the current form of the language).

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Ok, thanks. If I don't change the offset it will though? If so, do the dots appear over the shape of Spinda's sprite or whatever sprite I insert over it?
Oh, sorry I was confused by what you meant. I acutally have no idea, its possible, I looked at the Spinda sprite and its skin had no spots. You should just try it yourself.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Is there any program to change pokémon battle cries and create mines? And also: Is there any place to download the pokémon battle cries?

I tried with "PokeCryGUI" (i think it's for it) and I don't know wtf is needed to use that application correctly.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2008
Im not sure if this question has been asked before...
is there any way to change the overworld sprite's palette in emerald?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Alright I have a problem I have 2 different maps that have to link to 1 map and they stand like this:
map1<->map2
map1<->map3
The connection between map1 and map2 is good but the connection between map 1 and map 3 not... The size of map1 is 40 map2 is 24 map3 is 16...
Need help asap please because I can't move on whit my hack whitout this fixed..

Do you have the Offsets set correctly?
In the connections field, under the connection between Map 1 and Map 3, you need to make the offset one number larger than Map 2.
Map 2's height is 24, then make the offset for the other connection 25
Then you have to go into the other map, (map 3) and edit those offsets as well... I think...
The offset should be -25 in the connection between Map 1 and Map 3.
Try that out and see if it works.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Im not sure if this question has been asked before...
is there any way to change the overworld sprite's palette in emerald?
Uhh, which OW sprite? You can use OW Editor RE by HackMew to edit all the OW sprites in Emerald. You can find it in his Tool thread.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
In ruby, where Wally catches a ralts, what's the offset in hex editor to change ralts to another Pokemon?
Thanks in advance.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is there any program to change pokémon battle cries and create mines? And also: Is there any place to download the pokémon battle cries?

I tried with "PokeCryGUI" (i think it's for it) and I don't know wtf is needed to use that application correctly.

PokeCryGuru/whatever it's name is, is not a very friendly hacking tool, for if you can change one pokemon's cry, the 2 other pokemon's cries after it will be corrupted...

I don't think there's a new tool for editing cries... :\

how to add script to pokemon rom?
please help me.

er, use a scripting program... XSE, pokescript, the like...
search around the toolbox section...

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
Years
hi can anyone help me i used overworld changer to make a sprite bigger and i put a new sprite in there but when i open advance map to place it somewere it shows the sprite in a big black box and in visual boy advance ir shows just the big black box

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
hi can anyone help me i used overworld changer to make a sprite bigger and i put a new sprite in there but when i open advance map to place it somewere it shows the sprite in a big black box and in visual boy advance ir shows just the big black box

I already told you to edit it with the same size and with the same palletes. sheesh...

this time, lemme make myself clearer than before...

1. now it's coloured black, export it and open it through MS Paint.
2. With the right/correct palletes, insert your new overworld on the black box in MS Paint.
3. Edit it and Save.
4. Then import it back to the ROM.
5. Done...
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back