• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Pokemon Thread

Years
I have never run into a shiny Pokemon before! :( I am trying to defeat the Black Tower so I'll get that shiny Gible but it is too hard! haha

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I'm attempting to breed for a shiny Tyname/ Elektross, mainly cause his sprite looks all green and...I like...green. But I'm not sure I'm ready for this, I mean how long is it supposed to take? I have a German ditto and that's what I'm Mussaduaing with but I've gone through like 4 boxes and still nothing...

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
Years
How do you know if they're shiny or not? I've encounter one type of Pokemon in different color at different times, and I don't know if it was Shiny or not. Is there suppose to be a shiny thingy around them when they pop up like the red Gyrados in Silver Edition in GBC?

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Got it, I hatched the shiny Tynamo, and I have few things to say about the hatching process

• Was It Idiotic: Oh yeah, probably the biggest time waster in the history of people
  • Did the Musada effect make it fast and easy: Absolutely not, I must've filled up 50 boxes with Tynamo before I hatched a shiny
  • Would you do it again?: Not if you payed me.
  • Was it worth it?: You bet your arse it was. I mean look at this!
    604.png

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
How do you know if they're shiny or not? I've encounter one type of Pokemon in different color at different times, and I don't know if it was Shiny or not. Is there suppose to be a shiny thingy around them when they pop up like the red Gyrados in Silver Edition in GBC?

Yes, there's a sparkling animation and a sound effect when the Pokemon appears. Now, maybe the Pokemon you're talking about is Frillish or Jellicent, where males are different colored than females? Or Deerling, where the color changes depending on the season?

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
I'm willing to trade any legendary for either a Darkrai or a shiny.:/ I've never seen a shiny yet-.- and I've tried. I've played Diamond then SS then Fire Red then Diamond again then Black then black 2

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
Been on a shiny scavenger hunt and so far I've gotten
•Audino
•Ampharos
•Gliscor
•Unfezant
•Haxorus (Completing Dex)
•Gabite (Battle Tower)

Just been roaming, looking for any shiny Pokemon. Hoping to find either Boldore or Eelektrik/Tynamo.

B-Rabbitt

On Darkened Wings He Fell
Years
I'm just going through my W2 now so ill keep my eye out for them!
Only Shinies I've ever caught was way back on Pokemon Gold i caught a shiny Growlithe
and on pokemon Black i caught 2 shinies a shiny Patrat and a shiny Litwick
I dont have the game anymore so i cant transfer :(

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
Years
i'm not sure which one of my shinys is my first......but i think a pink wooper in firered/than a diglett/and a natu

i had to restart the game though.......good think a transferred them to soul silver!

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Been on a shiny scavenger hunt and so far I've gotten
•Audino
•Ampharos
•Gliscor
•Unfezant
•Haxorus (Completing Dex)
•Gabite (Battle Tower)

Just been roaming, looking for any shiny Pokemon. Hoping to find either Boldore or Eelektrik/Tynamo.

Just been roaming

Just been roaming

Just been roaming!!!

You sir, are by far the luckiest person in the world. 5 Shinies, and he's "Just been roaming" that's like winning the lottery and then getting struck by lightning and then the ticket get super charges it making it worth double, are you sure they're shiny do they have the red star and the glittering animation?

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
Lol, yes they are all shiny, I can confirm this. I just go to random areas and run around. I've been through at least 300 battles in just one day. I'm not even looking for anything specific, just looking for whatever I can find!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Lol, yes they are all shiny, I can confirm this. I just go to random areas and run around. I've been through at least 300 battles in just one day. I'm not even looking for anything specific, just looking for whatever I can find!

By any chance, do you have the Shiny Charm from Prof. Juniper? Still, that's pretty good, I know shiny hunters spend a lot of time hunting, how much time did it take you to find all those shinies?

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
By any chance, do you have the Shiny Charm from Prof. Juniper? Still, that's pretty good, I know shiny hunters spend a lot of time hunting, how much time did it take you to find all those shinies?

Yes, I do have the shiny charm, definitely helps find them easily. I'll spend at minimum a week in one area and if nothing I'll go somewhere else, completely at random.

Some took longer than others to find. Mareep took only about 2 or 3 days. Audino took longer than expected, training by battling hundreds of them. I don't recall how long it took to find Gligar. I actually just found Tranquil last week within 2 or 3 days as well. I just moved my location looking to find either Poliwhirl or Politoed.

...looking to find either Poliwhirl or Politoed.

So I just caught a shiny Poliwhirl. WAT DO.
062.gif
or
186.gif

I **** you not, today, one day after I caught the shiny Poliwhirl (which I picked Poliwrath btw) I caught a shiny Roselia. I was looking for not even a half hour when I found it. Even with the Shiny Charm I'm getting TOO lucky.

EDIT: 2 Days later, I caught a shiny Sandshrew.

Last edited by a moderator:

Okazaki~Tomoya

A place were dreams come true
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
So what ratio does the lucky charm cut down the chances of finding a Shiny too? i'm not very wise on finding shiny pokemon so what methods reduce the chance to its most accurate form in white and black 2?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I've just traded over all my Shinies from my Black save to my Black 2 save. (x2 Golems, 1 Sunkern, 1 Vulpix and 1 Gyarados)

Their origins being from my SoulSilver save.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
The chances of encountering a shiny with the Shiny Charm is increased by 300%. Without it, there is a 1 in 2730.6 chance. With it, it increases to 1 in 1365.3.

Actually you have a 1 out of 8192 or a 0.012% chance. The Shiny Charm increases your chances to 1 in 2,730.6 or a 0.036% chance. You must have misread the information some where else. 1 in 1365.3 or a 0.073% chance is the Masuda Method. However using the Shiny Charm in conjunction with the Masuda Method results in a 1 in 1024 or a 0.097% chance of getting a Shiny.

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
Actually you have a 1 out of 8192 or a 0.012% chance. The Shiny Charm increases your chances to 1 in 2,730.6 or a 0.036% chance. You must have misread the information some where else. 1 in 1365.3 or a 0.073% chance is the Masuda Method. However using the Shiny Charm in conjunction with the Masuda Method results in a 1 in 1024 or a 0.097% chance of getting a Shiny.

Yeah, I did misread it, sorry. On serebii the way they worded its details confused me. http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/shinycharm.shtml

Man, took me nearly two weeks to get another shiny. Just got a shiny Liepard yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back