• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolours and Fusions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
CnC please? On some of them, I wanted contrast so I picked saturated colors and I'm not trying to make them look like official recolors, just look nice.
In general your recolors are pretty dark. For a good number of them your lightest parts are only mid-range light colors. It's a good idea to leave some lighter areas in place so you can still see the detail. The darker they get the more the colors start to bleed into each other. If you go too dark you start bleeding into the outlines, too.

blitto.png

And this is the cutest thing I've seen in a while.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 29, 2015
@Cobalt'Scizor
I like your recolors (especially the Snivy Rotom and Scizor) but the colors for most of them are to dark, and for the trainer sprites it looks like you just gave it a blue tint. but overall I like them :)

CnC please...
WaterKoffing.png
DodrioGhost.png
Arcanines.png
LuxrayAerodactylDialgaMew.png
Flybreon-1.png
ThunderMagmortar.png
TrainerM.png

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
Years
Trainer fusions and recolors

I'm trying to create some custom-ish sprites for my in process Hack...
I'm not that great at it, and most of these are simple recolors and splices/fusions.

I'd love some feedback/criticisms on these as I would love to become a decent sprite-er. There's a couple sets here, the first is the new Gym Leaders, followed by 2 of the elite four, then one of the rivals, and finally the 3 rocket team leaders

Please note that these are based off of real people (minus the 2 male Rockets) Thus why they look kinda plain for Gym Leaders/E4 Members.

Darkrai::.

Darkrai Rulez
Years
The BIG and ugly gallery

Just love playing around with darkrai lol:
82998825.png

Left: Zangoose prevo by me
Center: Zangoose sprite
Right: Zangoose evo by me, later seen there is a similar pokemon in the site known as gpx plus.
zep.png

The first sprite i made after the release of B/W:
5thgenf.png

I do not have them seperately so:
Spoiler:

The reshiram is messed up, yeah. Also, I AM known as Zonon.

Farfetch'd + Cubone:
farbone.png

First amalgamation:
amalganation.png

Second Amalgamation:
Spoiler:

Accepting comments, too busy for way too many requests :D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 29, 2015
I am starting to make things that I call "Togepi Costumes" and they look like the one below, If you somehow cannot tell, it is a Jirachi Costume for Togepi, The reason I am using this picture is because it is to "Support" my Togepi Costume shop, I just want some CnC on the costume :)
PnT (please and thank you)

Years
Not bad, they're a good start to start off spriting, especially if you plan on scratch spriting some Fakemon; amalgamations is a good start. To have your own showcase, you should at least have 4 original, and preferably scratch, sprites. I'll just be merging this with the Recolours and Fusions thread.

lemonfreak

the golden caterpie
Years
Hello, since the site wont let me post pictures, my best fusions are in my avatar and sig. :)
they may not be so good, since i am only just starting :P (the clefable/beedrill was my first)
please tell me what you think of them :)

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Pokemon Trainer Mark's sprites :D

Since now i have over 1,000 page views. I wanna share some sprites of Mark here, at the PC.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some HGSS, and some BW.
Give credit be4 using.

Years
Went ahead and merged KingSnivy's thread with the Sprite Recolours and fusions thread since the overworlds and vs. sprites, etc. aren't really scratch at all.

Latios37

Fuser of Souls
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
I can't post pictures yet, but I'd like to show my avatar. (you guys can see it, right? :<)
Also, anyone know how to animate Vs screens? The ones you see when you vs Leaders and stuff. Anyone have the all the frames, or do I have to animate it moving and the animation inside it? (the little moving bars)

Last edited:
Years
I've only just started recolouring, so I'm hoping to recieve some feedback.

1aa15950fb621f2e3cb875eba8e685b4_56113.png
e196ea5ddf349ffdfeaf1182c70fbd3f_56213.png
096ffbd38289c450cd4f96001fdc4141_56216.png
2a7ce4e2806db07c68f9600659a7def1_55601.png
9f79c4b5332ad82cc16e43d8414fe644_55603.png
It's all looking pretty good so far. An important thing to remember is the contrast of light/dark and level of saturation between two adjacent colors when you're recoloring. So, for instance, with the blue on lower half of the Breloom you can see where the darker outlines aren't too much darker than the next lightest blue shade. It's also noticeably lighter than the darkest green you used. It's fine to lighten the overall piece, like on your Galvantula, if that's the effect you're going for, but there's a consistency issue if parts look too light compared to other parts.

Hope that makes sense.

I can't post pictures yet, but I'd like to show my avatar (you guys can see it, right? ;_;).
It's a fine recolor, but you might want to try changing two of the colors. In the darker/shaded part of the hair you used the same color as the outline. I'd pick something lighter than that, between the grey on the light half of the hair and the black outline. The other thing is that on the skin you left one of the inner outlining colors (the one used on parts of the fingers and nose) too light. It's much too close to the color for the shaded parts of the skin so you can't see some of the outlining on the fingers.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2012
Antoj's Fusions & Fakemon

Hey im only a beginner, but i thought i'd share them with everyone anyway ^^

Fusions:
2n9ixoz.jpg

nwakw.jpg

5odqgp.jpg

More coming soon :D

Fakemon:
2n04far.jpg

2zgalv9.jpg

1411cie.jpg

I think these count as fakemon?

anyway, any advice would be nice, seeming as im only a beginner.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
I think the fakemons look like fusions & retypes...

The Water(?) bird reminds me of Pidgeot.

The Grass bird has a bulb like Bulbasaur & a tail like Sceptile.

The Fire bird has Pidgeot-like wings & has fire on it's back like Cyndaquil.

Years
JPEG quality is a huge turn off and it makes it more difficult to give criticism, so you should be saving them either in GIF format or PNG format. Those fakemon are more like fusions/amalgamations because I can still see the parts you have used from official Pokémon. You should scratch sprite an original fakemon idea if you'd want a sprite considered to be a fakemon.

I'll be moving this to the Fusions and Recolours thread, and post another thread once you get some original sprites up. It doesn't have to be fakemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back