• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dual-Region Games! {Concept Idea For New Games}

What would your favorite region combo be?

• Kanto + Johto

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Kanto + Hoenn

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Kanto + Sinnoh

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Kanto + Unova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto + Hoenn

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Johto + Sinnoh

• Johto + Unova

• Hoenn + Sinnoh

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Hoenn + Unova

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Sinnoh + Unova

• Total voters
Years
As you guys know, it HeartGold and SoulSilver, we had dual-region games. Both Kanto and Johto were covered.
Well, with technology advanceing (for memry space reasons), I think it would be quite possible to make more of these.
Now, I don't mean save it for endgame. I mean literally mis them, so you spend time in both regions throught the game. If possible, maybe just an HM or even just biking far enough could get you there. It would be like one big mega region, and would make good sense. For example (not being realistic, just and only an example):

Go to Google Maps, and just find 5 countries close together. It would be lke that with the 5 regions, with obvious changes (if need be, some Legendary Pokemon mess up some stuff, slightly rearanging the Pokemon world geography {yay, more story}). Just as 1 example of many, look at Belize, Guatmemala, Honduras, El Salvador, and Nicaragua. Now insert 5 regions for the countries, and of course downsize them. BAM. Now, allow 2 regions available for play, and combine their stories, characteristics, Pokemon, trainers, league, etc. Awesomeness is born. In fact, you could have quite a lot of combos. To mix it up, there could be undergorund tunnels to connect different regions, jet boats, mountain ranges, giant forest, or whatever to divide region from region. Only the one jointing your regions would be available for you.

Pretend they are connected by land/water or something. 2 would be available for your game.So, for example, pretend I have Kanto/Hoenn game. It's labeled as 2 regions, and treated so, but it's connected as 1 large one, giving me easy access to both. So neither would be endgame, both would be part of the entire game. Both regions would also be fully developed, with their islands and villians and legendaries and trainers and everything.
They could intertwine stories, such as Team Rocket teams up with Team Galatic. They could merge Pokemon Leagues, 16 gym and unique elite 8 playstyle. They could mis up legendaries, Lugia and Ho-Oh combined with Dialgia and Palkia. Sinnoh + Johto. Kanto + Unova. Hoenn + Sinnoh. And so may more combos! The trainers, landscapes, movesets, villians, hereos, gameplay, available Pokemon, and stories could be taken to another level!
The player I suppose would have a hometown of some neutral spot, and the story could actually branch out depending on where you go and how you play.

Sure, there are humps and bumps in this. But if the game developers really wanted to do it, I assure you they could. But, my question to yo uis this: What do you think of the concept in general?

P.S. Added a Poll. However, it's just for side discussion, not the main point :)
I personally would enjoy a Kanto/Hoenn mix. Aqua and Magma are at it once again, and Rocket is trying to take advantage of it. You have to put a stop to it. It would give you a great combo of Pokemon, from the start and the end. Maybe there's some issue with what seems to be a new legendary, and you (Red/Blue/Saphirre/Ruby/_?_) and your 3 companions must control it with the help of Oak and Birch. Maybe Mewtwo's controlling it? So many possiblities!
That'd be awesome!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
To be honest, I'd love to see a game with all regions and extras such as the Orange Islands, Alto Mare, and the full Kanto Battle Frontier, as well as all Pokemon being available through catching, evolving and in-game trades.

Oh yeah, before I forget, FIRST!

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
[SIZE="a"]That would be pretty sweet. That's one of the things that was so cool about GSC. And this would definitely give the franchise something to produce in between coming up with brand new regions and Pokemon.[/SIZE]

Years
[COLOR=#a][SIZE="a"]That would be pretty sweet. That's one of the things that was so cool about GSC. And this would definitely give the franchise something to produce in between coming up with brand new regions and Pokemon.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Exactly, but I'm trying to make the 2 regions even more intertwined. I could go into detail, but I'm not actually designing a game, so I just gave the basics. Let's use those games as an example. Instead of getting Kanto at the end of the game, both regions would literally be part of the beginning and mid game, which would obviously be extended. I'm not talking about a region and a 1/2. I'm talking about more like 2 1/2 regions. Both of the previous, and by combining them and having them function off of each other, adding even more content.
It's not like it can't be done ;)

Also, I added a Poll if you or the poster above you is interested, and of course the following.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
My two favourite regions are Johto and Hoenn, so I guess I'd like to see a game with both of those in. Not really sure how it would work travelling between the two though, could get a little tedious. But I'd enjoy it none-the-less.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
There is a 0% chance of Unova being involved in one of these with one of the first four regions, due to travel distance. The only regions next to each other are Kanto+Johto.

Years
There is a 0% chance of Unova being involved in one of these with one of the first four regions, due to travel distance. The only regions next to each other are Kanto+Johto.
Listen carefully ;)
Seeing how I'm suggesting the merging of stories, possibly Groundon and Kyogre mess up the conteints / the Creation Trio start fighting again / 100 other possibilities. If GameFreak wnated to, it wouldn't be that hard, seeing how this is a fictional world with new Pokemon constantly being introduced, specifically with quite a lot of legendaries with powerful and literally plantery-effecting abilites. :)

Years
I never want to see a duel region game again. With G/S, Kanto was just thrown on with many areas taken out and low-leveled trainers. I don't want to risk having another region being dumbed down like Kanto was. One big region is fine.

Years
I never want to see a duel region game again. With G/S, Kanto was just thrown on with many areas taken out and low-leveled trainers. I don't want to risk having another region being dumbed down like Kanto was. One big region is fine.
This was done because of technologies limited memory space. Also, all they did was complete Johto, and add some Kanto again. I agree, such a thing is a disgrace to the region, in this case Kanto.
I do not speak of this.
I speak of rather 2 regions combining in some fashion so that they are unified, yet 2 seprate regions. Soon, I'll re-order the OP so it can make more sense, sorry for the misonceptions.
I am not speaking of something similar to what HG & SS did. This is beyond that.

Back