• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magnius Guide to Pokemon Music Hacking

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Hmmm... No mater what .s file I use (Even CloneX's Examples) Sappy 06 and 05 bolth crash under XP when I try to assemble... wanting me to send the error report to M$... I can play the tracks and Export them... But not Assemble...

Any Help?

~cpuDuDe08~
Hmm... strange, don't know what the problem is. I have XP and Sappy assembles for me. Only problem is occassionally when I assemble sometimes it gives me an error, but that can be fixed by reopening Sappy.

well
1.it's so sorry blazichu not aprove my tut ( http://hackers-teams.fr.gd/sappy-as...tm?PHPSESSID=55d80d01d3921690eae57824926bde6d )i find a way for reapere kernel32.dll probleme.
2.but this way work only if your kernel not crash already!!
3.i think for viste you need use sappy 2005 fix assembler.
Well lol no offense man, but I can see why he wouldn't approve it. The informations all good, but it's a bit disorganized and full of spelling errors.

You can get that particular missing VB thing here...
http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/v...t_Boxes/ComboBoxEx/VB6_ComboBoxEx_Control.asp

Just download the zip and extract it to your Sappy folder.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
Um... does anyone know if there is a chance to make Sappy 2006 (1.2) support Windows Vista? Well, I have managed to make it run, but it crashes when you want to open a file. Any help appreciated. For other Vista users experiencing this problem: Till there is a solution (it may not come at all), use Sappy 1.0.1. You need to install Sappy 1.0 first, and then download ZIP file with Sappy 1.0.1 and replace the executable. It works smoothly.

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
normally, it should take some seconds xD

er...now I have a problem too.
With sappy (05?) I was never able to play the music, I was just able to import/export/assemble.
Now I downloaded sappy 06, I was able to play the sounds! (yeah..happy!).
But then I tried assembling a song---> crash!
I thought..okay, maybe it's too long. But then I tried a 2 track-song and it crashed again!
it doesn't matter which song I choose, sappy crashes when assembling.
So I wanted to assemble the song via sappy 05, which always worked before.
You may have guessed: Now it crashes if I try to assemble.

I've read through this thread to look at all the errors and possiblilties for crashin, but..it's not the song.
And I've read about the possibility that my kernel32.dll has crashed?
How can you recognize that, since I see it in my system32 folder but dunno if it's okay.

So..what can I do now?
I'm quite depressed since I finally understood how to loop songs, but now I can't even try it out...

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
normally, it should take some seconds xD

er...now I have a problem too.
With sappy (05?) I was never able to play the music, I was just able to import/export/assemble.
Now I downloaded sappy 06, I was able to play the sounds! (yeah..happy!).
But then I tried assembling a song---> crash!
I thought..okay, maybe it's too long. But then I tried a 2 track-song and it crashed again!
it doesn't matter which song I choose, sappy crashes when assembling.
So I wanted to assemble the song via sappy 05, which always worked before.
You may have guessed: Now it crashes if I try to assemble.

I've read through this thread to look at all the errors and possiblilties for crashin, but..it's not the song.
And I've read about the possibility that my kernel32.dll has crashed?
How can you recognize that, since I see it in my system32 folder but dunno if it's okay.

So..what can I do now?
I'm quite depressed since I finally understood how to loop songs, but now I can't even try it out...

You may have associated the S file with your text editor (Checking the "Always use this program to..."). You may download some kernel32 fixing tool, but if anything goes worse, you should re-install Windows (which is a bit frustrating).

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
Ô.o
okay, thx for your help.
If I can't find a fixing tool for kernel32.dll or something goes wrong, I'll just re-install.
Than my computer may be much more clearly arranged xD
I could save files in a folder of our network, so it's not a problem..
thx, I think it's the best to simply reinstall now xD

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
After i assemble when I click the play button the program creashes now...

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
try it ingame, I was never able to play music in sappy but it assembled and played ingame.

That could also be because the track is too long, or because it has to many instruments.
sappy wont assemble all files correctly, try another and see if it still crashes.
But first, simply test if it plays ingame xD

NeoS

Mexican Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
i have a problem... when i'm assembling the song... after to finish... and press the button "uggly" or something like that... xD... appears this message... "Can't find file "MPlayDef.s" for inclusion. Assembly halted."... any ideas!!! ??? xD

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
I had the same problem, the file MPlayDef.s has to be in the same folder like the .s file you try to assemble. If you place it there, it'll work ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
Step 3 - Getting the file to work in game
So now you've assembled the file and it plays in Sappy, but you see that it doesn't play in game. Well slow down there guy, there's still a ways to go before we can get the file playing in game. Now that you've assembled the file we're going to export the tracks. In order to do this, go to "Export Tracks". You'll then see a bunch of unchecked boxes which are basically the offsets of the tracks, check all of them. In the 2nd box, you can either put $T or $P, don't know worry too much about what they mean, for this tutorials sake just type in "$T". After that click on "Ok". The songs tracks will now be dumped to your folder and since you picked "$T" the tracks will be numbers like one tracks file name will be 0, the next tracks file name will 1, it's pretty simple. So after that close out Sappy and reopen it. Now that you've reopened Sappy, open the unmodified Pokemon Fire Red rom and find the song you modified in other rom, which should be "Pokemon Theme" in the case of this tutorial. Now go to "import tracks" and check all the "numbered" files, which are basically the tracks we dumped earlier. Next to the "First track" box basically type in an offset where there's a lot of free space, for the sake of this tutorial just put "0xEB0B20" there. Then press OK. Now open up your emulator, open up the rom you just modified and you'll see that the song works in game. Congratulations, you've done your first successful music hack.

Uh....That is something I have problems with. -_-

I did that EXACTLY. Didn't work. I did it backwards and still didn't work. >_>

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Uh....That is something I have problems with. -_-

I did that EXACTLY. Didn't work. I did it backwards and still didn't work. >_>
Well to start, does the song play in Sappy? If not, there's your problem. And second off, be more specific, what ISN'T working? Is it not playing in the game, is it not exporting them? If you want me to help you with the problem you have to be more specific about it. But yes, generally, if it actually plays in Sappy and you did all that it should work. Another thing is try closing out Sappy after assembling, THEN open it back up and try to export the files. After that you should be able import the track to the backup rom and it'll work. And if the problem is you can't FIND the exported tracks, you can do something like "C:\PokemonHack\$T" to make SURE the files get dumped where you want them to.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
Years
When I downloaded the vbal whatever it was file I got this message when I tried to open it.

Run-Time error '372':

Failed to load control 'vbalcboex' from vbalcbex6.ocx. Your version of vbalcbex6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

Is there a version with both vbalcboex and vbalcbex6.ocx cause it aint working for me.

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
When I change music in Ruby, the tracks doesn't repeat.
Help me, please.

Back