• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Yes, day/night will be in it, I think a lot of people would like to have the RBY experience with Day/Night :)

True, it's not a regular rumour early in the game but its one of th new things we mentioned that are just completely new. It will definitely be worth it.

As for "WURST: The funny German speaking guy" not sure if he will be a gym leader in brick town or somewhere or if he will be in the new region, but he will probably be in it somewhere. :p

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
I have a question? Im making a game very similar to yours and I cant find a good name so can I use Pokemon secrets and rumors as the name?

pyro903

╠═P═Z═Y═R═0? ?╣
Years
will it have mewthree I tried to get that one for AGES!!!

pic:
mewthree.gif

or mayby DOHYDRA!
dohydra.gif

dude120

Rom hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2009
Im excited for the beta too. Just be patient and wait for it. A rom-hack is a TON of work.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Okay, so here is an update! As of right now, I have been doing some tileset work, since we still had a lot of Gold tilesets in there. Anyways, with the exception of a few minor things here and there, all that is left is Mt. Moon. Which means the demo is getting very close. I apologize for the slower progress, unfortunately I am sick and have a 7 page paper to get done by Tuesday. Darn real world. lol. Anyways the demo is really close now. I know this makes about the 3rd time I have said it is close, but this is the closest it has been. Demo should be very soon, and expect more and more updates leading up to it.

Also, while you won't see much in the way of rumours happening yet, you will begin to see the set up for a couple, as well as a new feature that you will have to play to find out ;)

Also, @simplynaruto from the top of the page (not sure how i forgot to answer that)
The tools we use are:
Goldmap 1.6 - Jigglypuff's website
Agixp 4.11 English - Translated from German by me, availible on Skeetendo.net
Tile Layer Pro - Comes with Elitemap, also can be found on its own
Pokétext - Google it
Translhextion - Google it
Pointer Calculator - Take your pick, there are several

UPDATE:

I refuse to double post, so here is somethign you all may find interesting. I am currently finishing up a 7 page research paper I had to write for my Comp class, and since it was on a topic of our choosing, you guessed it, I wrote a 7 page research paper on Pokémon. The hard part is inventing sources to cite when you don't have any. Its fairly easy to write a paper you have been "researching" since you were in the 4th grade XD

Last edited:

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
wow... you have been busy. I have been reading through your updates and I do understand that you have to commit at least 75% of your life to school.

(lol 7 page report on pokemon)

Keep it up, this is one of the few Pokemon hacks on PC that I will actually play.

Do you know why? Originality.

Lol you even recreated MISSINGNO.! (Will it have the item duplication bug in it too?)
Can't wait for Beta.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Indeed it shall have the item duplication bug worked in, it wont be exactly the same since the pack has various pockets now but it will be worked in. As of right now, I am fabricating a works cited page for this paper (Ive ben researching it since I was in 4th grade why would I need sources? lol) and then once I turn it in its smooth sailing and time to get to work on something important XD. Don't lack very much on the demo, its very close, not gonna lie.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
I think you got this comment by a lot of people, but I think this hack is great!
The screenshots look really good, you are one of the best!
Please keep up the good work on this hack...

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
If you're able to get some form of item multiplying that would be awesome.

Also that paper sounds like it would be a good read, considering a lot of us have been into pokemon just as long. Care to post it on ur website or sumwhere, as one fan to another i find that it would be interesting to read through? It's up to u though if u want to, but it sounds interesting to say the least about a 7 page pkmn paper. XD

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Basically, the paper details how it started, why it became a fad, how it changed over time, where it is now, and where is it going. Most of it we already know though, it does a lot of describing the games and all and indicates the ridiculousness of the number of Pokémon there are these days. It is also interesting because I am the only person I know who has cited a video game as a reference (I referenced Red, Yellow, Gold, TCG, Ruby, Fire Red, and Diamond as sources XD) I actualyl wrote the entire thign from memory and came up with the sources afterwards. things I couldnt find a good source for, I asked my friend Ryosuke, an international student form Japan "Can I pretend I interviewed you as a source?" to which he agreed. He is my catch-al for useles trivia type knowledge in the paper (Honestly though I have forgotten more about Pokemon than he ever knew, he played a long time ago but also quit a long time ago too lol) Anyway, that's how that went and if you want I can post it on Sketendo.net for you to read. As for now, time to get to work getting that demo out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back