• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon: Operation Digipedia

Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?

• Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, keep them how they are

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2012
First off, I'd like to say the hack looks amazing!! I'm personally quite a fan of Digimon and am glad that people give the franchise a way to shine like this, and although we haven't received a beta yet, I can tell that when we get one it'll be amazingly well done(for a beat ;))

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Hi you guys :) First of all, I'm really sorry that in the last 5 days, I couldn't make any change to the progress, cause they cut off my Internet line :( How awful! (And I'm using my mobile :D ) Maybe tomorrow or the day after that, I can get to the Internet again. And I've made a few more moves change so I'm updating them as soon as I get the line back.
Secondly, I'm going to summer school :( So maybe less work from now on :( Really sorry both of you, stocko and Epi :(
I'll try my best to spend my free time working on the hack :)

P/s: I wish you will be ok soon, stocko :)

For Epi: I think we should ask for a spriter, who can make backsprite for some digimons that are not in the DS game but were sprited by some spriter on the IT. Or, if we can't manage to find one, CAN WE PUT THESE DIGIMONS BY INTERACTABLE BUT UNCATCHABLE? Cause I can't make sprites, I just find and edit Misc. things :) Hope you understand...

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
First off, I'd like to say the hack looks amazing!! I'm personally quite a fan of Digimon and am glad that people give the franchise a way to shine like this, and although we haven't received a beta yet, I can tell that when we get one it'll be amazingly well done(for a beat ;))

Awesome! Thanks for the boost of confidence. This will keep me working extra hard on the hack tonight. Whether you guys believe me or not, comments like this really keep me motivated and inspired. Thanks a million.

Hi you guys :) First of all, I'm really sorry that in the last 5 days, I couldn't make any change to the progress, cause they cut off my Internet line :( How awful! (And I'm using my mobile :D ) Maybe tomorrow or the day after that, I can get to the Internet again. And I've made a few more moves change so I'm updating them as soon as I get the line back.
Secondly, I'm going to summer school :( So maybe less work from now on :( Really sorry both of you, stocko and Epi :(
I'll try my best to spend my free time working on the hack :)

P/s: I wish you will be ok soon, stocko :)

For Epi: I think we should ask for a spriter, who can make backsprite for some digimons that are not in the DS game but were sprited by some spriter on the IT. Or, if we can't manage to find one, CAN WE PUT THESE DIGIMONS BY INTERACTABLE BUT UNCATCHABLE? Cause I can't make sprites, I just find and edit Misc. things :) Hope you understand...

It's no problem DBM. I think we've all been having some issues these last two months. Take whatever time you need, as the hack will keep moving forward no matter what.

Yeah get well soon stocko. Haven't heard from you in a few days so email me when you get a chance.

I'll put up a team thread in a few days and see if anyone wants to help. I'll do what I can to sprite them, but I don't think any of us are experienced enough to pull off the backsprites very well. Plus, the bigger the team the faster the game will be release and the more polished it will be per release.

Update: All the Digimon in game now have changed stats. Just a few movesets left and a glitch to fix until the release. If your curious about the glitch: After healing your party in Viridian City if your digimon all faint you will be transported to Blain's gym, a glitched healing animation will occur, then you'll be stuck in the room with Blain. You can fight him of course, but his digimon are over level 40 lol. So I need to figure out what I messed up there.

Epitaph93

Years
Update: For anyone interested in joining our team, I posted a team thread (Clicky). I haven't made any progress this week because I have a job now, so progress on my part might be a little slow on the week days.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Awesome! Thanks for the boost of confidence. This will keep me working extra hard on the hack tonight. Whether you guys believe me or not, comments like this really keep me motivated and inspired. Thanks a million.

It's no problem DBM. I think we've all been having some issues these last two months. Take whatever time you need, as the hack will keep moving forward no matter what.

Yeah get well soon stocko. Haven't heard from you in a few days so email me when you get a chance.

I'll put up a team thread in a few days and see if anyone wants to help. I'll do what I can to sprite them, but I don't think any of us are experienced enough to pull off the backsprites very well. Plus, the bigger the team the faster the game will be release and the more polished it will be per release.

Update: All the Digimon in game now have changed stats. Just a few movesets left and a glitch to fix until the release. If your curious about the glitch: After healing your party in Viridian City if your digimon all faint you will be transported to Blain's gym, a glitched healing animation will occur, then you'll be stuck in the room with Blain. You can fight him of course, but his digimon are over level 40 lol. So I need to figure out what I messed up there.

Your glitch can be fixed by using the set healing place command.

Years
Well, my mom didn't let me have the computer back while the school is ranking the students :D Btw, yesterday, I added a few Digimon to the Digidex, but I recognized 1 thing: There are so many Digimon in the Digiworld! Much more than Pokemon. But in Pokemon FR, the Pokedex just only accepts 387 (386 + ?) datas. I've got 241 datas, and it's nearly 2/3 the Digidex. So if anyone could find a way to add new pokemon to the game, plz help us, if you wanna see a first full Digimon hack :D

And btw, where should we put the DNA - Digivolved digimons? after their main branch (Stingmon, Ankylomon, Aquillamon,...) or in the rest?

Maybe he could make a sequel off the base hack and add new Digimon, like leave some out, and then put them in a sequel

rakireid

UlforceVeedramon Master
Years
Please do not ask for stuff from this team for making your own hack there are plenty of tools and guides within these forums to help and use google to find the sprites you need just like this team have done thank you.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Please do not ask for stuff from this team for making your own hack there are plenty of tools and guides within these forums to help and use google to find the sprites you need just like this team have done thank you.
Just so you know, the base patch is for the sprites and all you need to make a digimon/pokemon crossover hack.
Anyway, I can't wait to see what the base patch has in store, good luck!

Years

Please do not talk to me like that. There's absolutely nothing on google that has sprites for what I want and they said they would release a base hack so people could make their own game.

Epitaph93

Years
Years
That's exactly right. Thanks for clearing that up.

Not yet.

Thanks, we all appreciate that

Can you send me the sprites that you have? It might sound like a dick thing to say but I want them and I don't want to wait a long time just to get sprites for a game I'm making that doesn't have Digimon in it. It'll just have the characters.

You'll have to convert the sprite if you want to use it or modify it, if not then I can send you a copy of the game it's in somehow, possibly through skype

Last edited by a moderator:

Loonie

Mischievous Gamer
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2012
Wow Nice game Guys I wish for the best and is completetion keep up the good work dudes

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Can you send me the sprites that you have? It might sound like a dick thing to say but I want them and I don't want to wait a long time just to get sprites for a game I'm making that doesn't have Digimon in it. It'll just have the characters.

You'll have to convert the sprite if you want to use it or modify it, if not then I can send you a copy of the game it's in somehow, possibly through skype
I don't want to bring up a fight here, but I'm so annoyed that I have to say. You don't want to wait a long time? fine, there are only 2 options for you:
1: Join us, and you can make a hack easier with help. You don't have to take care of all the works from sprite to tiles to scripts
2: Shut up and do your own, because "He who would have fruit must climb the tree". Our sprites aren't the best, so you can find some on IT. We DO find on IT, so if you aren't satisfied with the sprite on IT, you shouldn't want this patch so much lol.
I am really angry when sb just sat there, asked us to hurry up and then takes the achievement of us. And I laughed a lot when I saw your OW sprite of Kari. WTH is that man, lol, is it a kind of new antagonist team =))
And the base patch is just a kind of trailer, or the patch to know-your-comment, because according to it, we would want to see the comments about sprite, or OW, or anything we were missing, not to steal or free - using, OK?

Really sorry Epi or stocko if you guys don't agree with me about things above, I wrote it just because I want to protect our project, until the final end... Hope you guys could understand me :)

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
While I was never really I to digimon, I do like the idea. It's always Good to see interesting hacks. I do have a few suggestions. :)

1. Some of the sprites need to be cleaned up and proportionate, Agumon is an example. Wichu's sprite positioner can help as well with a few of the sprites in battle.
2. I already see an existing fire red script (the first oak one)...clearly you know how to script, so I would definitely suggest changing the beginning. You don't want people thinking they're playing fire red...you want them to think they're playing digimon, xP
3. This is not necessarily hack related...but your hack thread is wayyyy to long. It's not presented very well, which could turn people off. I would suggest cleaning and shortening the thread up.

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
Hey NG55, try the site "http://withthewill.net". If you don't like what they have to offer, you won't like what we have to offer...

DBM, I understand where you're coming from, just cool it haha. Don't get too worked up over this. Use your energy for the hack :P

Also, got a few icons done this arvo. I'm trying to get back into the groove of doing a few little things in my spare time, especially since it's school holidays now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back