• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SC Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
My criticism actually tends to be haelpful criticism - the words I use may come across in the wrong way, I understand, but I speak the honest truth about comics and sprites, people these days always want the sympahy vote, you know what I mean? The times I use harsher words is when I get responses from those that reply saying 'You should shut-up all of you, cause you don't know what you mean' - those responses are unacceptable.

Oh well... Im returning soon, I can't be bothered to take a backseat and crit on the poor quality output that has emerged over the past year or so. There have been quite a few good comics, but there are lots of second rate ones, with authors who quite frankly don't give a damn.

Therefore I apoligise for being a so called 'Elitist' and a 'Bully' although I feel those words are a bit harsh.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
My criticism actually tends to be haelpful criticism - the words I use may come across in the wrong way, I understand, but I speak the honest truth about comics and sprites, people these days always want the sympahy vote, you know what I mean? The times I use harsher words is when I get responses from those that reply saying 'You should shut-up all of you, cause you don't know what you mean' - those responses are unacceptable.

Oh well... Im returning soon, I can't be bothered to take a backseat and crit on the poor quality output that has emerged over the past year or so. There have been quite a few good comics, but there are lots of second rate ones, with authors who quite frankly don't give a damn.

Therefore I apoligise for being a so called 'Elitist' and a 'Bully' although I feel those words are a bit harsh.

No, I don;t know what you mean, whenever I;ve seen you being harsh, no one has said "Shut up" They've chosen to ignore your criticism, mainly because of how harshly you word it. The term bullying may of being a tad harsh, but elitist? Never, do you even know what one is?

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Matt, I don't want to fall out with you over this, because there is no need to - we are intirely different people and fair enough, my critisism is harsh. If you feel I ever step out of line, tell me.

I always try to word my critisism as understandable and as gentle as possible, and I'd like you to find me an example of me doing this, as I can't remember doing such a thing. OK I admit - I do go over the top with expression.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be thruthfully honest I have never heard the term 'Elitist' before. I'll go google it.

Found it on Wikipedia. My Comments and actions have effected a minority of people on this forum because no one looks at the positive sides of people anymore. The 'Extroadinaire'thing in my signature. Shouldn't of done it - at the time I was being very Egotistical because I got a large number of positive responses on here at the time - It was very lame of me.

Oh yeah - One last jibe, I do give good crit most of the time its just that in this godamned country we only really notice the bad. I have been over the top as said, but I do generally give good crit. Wannabe who lacks skill? Half my comics were 'not bad' but after a comment like that too, can you not condem yourself? After all that is the phylosiphy you just set about.

I've apoligised now, and I understand my so called actions and I'd really like this to blow over - I have never intended to bully members before on this forum, I've tried to help, as we all do, and they've responded in a bad way. (You can't say they haven't) And I've questioned thier responses. Why? Because I want to see an Improvement. Not just in this Comic Sub-Forum, but the forum as a whole.

Last edited:

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Sorry about the double post, but I'd like to see a comic from 'cuttyflam' a member on here who has poorly criticised every comic posted, with no accurate help or alternative. Ideally, I'd like him to post a comic, as (trying not sounding too harsh) he seems to know everything about comics according to his attitude.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
Years
Possibly saying it a bit more subtly, as so you don't start flame wars, might be a better idea?
Sorry if that's mini-modding.
But yes, I have seen certain members who crit somewhat less than the standard. If they would learn to crit better, or prove that they are so amazing that they have he right to crit that way, and only amazing people can crit badly with that excuse, not even Deception (No offense) can crit that badly using that excuse.
It doesn't really matter his skill though.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Yeah guys, we have a report button ya know? Click it, I;m pretty sure he's breaching rules.

Chiz, when's your next issue out?

Years
So guys I'm working on a new comic.

It's pretty grand and epic.

LHF will most likely update too, since I've been inspired to make some more episodes, but not until the first few episodes of my new comic are out.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
okay I'm thinking about re-starting my comic- But with more features.
Heres a test comic I made:

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1266/joeytestrestartcomicia1.png

Should I re-start the comic? any suggestions?

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
One suggestion, well two actually.

1: Try to avoid childish sex references, assuming the teacher is an adult, he most likely wouldn't be that shocked.

2: Avoid mixing the GBC Pokemon TCG symbols with R/S overworld sprites.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
okay. so, I don't think that was the BEST example.
hows this one?

my.php

P.S. (I'm going for the features!!!)

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
*sigh* Bronze Futuredidn't really have much success so I think I'm quiting it for a new twist on Poke'mon. A comic about the Poke'mon Rangers, and there will a few special rangers.
And don't get any ideas of stealing the idea.

AJUST

/Kusagaki. The Grass Kid./
Years
Sorry to hear another comic going to the orphanage...
is it just me who thinks the sprite comic section in general is very... idle?

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
Yeah, The only comics here that aren't dead are Pokeroco and Hilton the Paris. My Time Travel was going pretty good, but then people stopped posting in it and it died.

Anyway, I'm thinking of making a new sprite series similar to Pokemon Topaz. I made an example of the kind of humor it'll have:

WARNING: Contains Mature Content!

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
^ har-de-hah (It's okay, but a little immature)

Did anyone see the merger coming? Wierd...

Anyway, I'm bringing in a new comic - which is actually a reboot of Pokemon KD (Which I thought was kinda succesful way back when).

I'll post more details later.

(Any of the old crowd gonna come back too?)

Last edited:

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
Immature? I don't see how it could be considered immature, unless of course you couldn't tell the old guy was lying when he said the tatoo was a misprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back