• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2014
You're suppose to patch the Pokemon Liquid Crystal .ips file to Pokemon Fire Red.
I tried, and it doesn't work. Can someone explain how to successfully download an IPS rom, or direct me to a link on how to do it? I'm new to the whole emulation game.

I've downloaded the IPS file, and I already have LIPS.

Gamerboy7991

Can someone tell me what to do for each step of the missions that Axel requested me to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
So... Gengar can't learn sludgebomb?

I know that in Gen II Gengar couldn't learn it via TM, but in Gen III and beyond Gengar could. I don't know if this was done on purpose, but doesn't it make more sense for it to follow Gen III rather than Gen II since this remake takes place in Gen III?

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
The split is still in, and to the best of our knowledge is working as intended.

So... Hyper Beam was essentially taken away from every single hard-hitting physical pokemon in the game including (but not limited to) Snorlax, Steelix, Slaking, Machamp, Rhydon, Scizor, Ursaring, Aerodactyl, Entei, Golem, Tauros, and GYARADOS.

Fantastic.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2022
Hey guys, I just wanted to post to say how happy I was to find this patch (And to see how far it is into the game! 99%? Great job!). I was looking for a way to play some updated Crystal Action on my PSP (I know you guys say it's only for VBA, but it at least starts on my PSP, so I'm not here for any tech support).

Also, I give my thanks for you and your Co-Owner being willing to 100% this thing; As someone who used to dabble in game hacking (Though, unfortunately never participating directly in any project; Giving some advice here and there), I can understand how someone would be willing to just pass the buck or something similar with how far you guys are. I'm truely impressed you haven't.

(As a side note, I TRUELY did not expect the thing to figure out the time for me; Let alone for that sort of thing to actually work on the PSP! Kudos.)

EDIT: Oh, there was an ACTUAL Question I had: When you say "all" pokemon, did you mean ALL, or just the ones in crystal and the Third Generation?

Also, you guys upped the difficulty. Me likie.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2012
Where's the Blue Flute? Someone please tell me.

Also, how come 99% of the posts here don't get any feedback from LaZ/Zeikku? It's always the other users that are helping each other. LaZ, did you stop visiting this thread altogether?

Even in Pkmnworld, the bug reports I posted weeks ago are still left without a single reply. And I've also seen other, much older bug reports which I have also experienced are still kept in the status "unconfirmed", most of them without any feedback.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
^ Take it easy man, no reason to overreact :).

Although what you say is somewhat true. I had also posted 15-16 bugs in Pkmnworld (I think 17-18 days ago) that are still "unconfirmed" and don't have replies. But LaZ did say "thanks for these" and he also replied on another of my posts regarding TM compatibility. Jambo51 is also part of their hacking team I think. So don't get hyper.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
So... Gengar can't learn sludgebomb?

I know that in Gen II Gengar couldn't learn it via TM, but in Gen III and beyond Gengar could. I don't know if this was done on purpose, but doesn't it make more sense for it to follow Gen III rather than Gen II since this remake takes place in Gen III?

Yeah, that seems a bit odd, especially given that Gengar is part poison type. LaZ probably just overlooked it.

So... Hyper Beam was essentially taken away from every single hard-hitting physical pokemon in the game including (but not limited to) Snorlax, Steelix, Slaking, Machamp, Rhydon, Scizor, Ursaring, Aerodactyl, Entei, Golem, Tauros, and GYARADOS.

Fantastic.

Indeed. It can be aggrivating, and we are considering removing it. Depends whether the improved mechanics are worth the unbalanced attacks list.

^ Take it easy man, no reason to overreact :).

Although what you say is somewhat true. I had also posted 15-16 bugs in Pkmnworld (I think 17-18 days ago) that are still "unconfirmed" and don't have replies. But LaZ did say "thanks for these" and he also replied on another of my posts regarding TM compatibility. Jambo51 is also part of their hacking team I think. So don't get hyper.

You are correct, sir. I am an unnamed member of the hacking team, and I try to answer any questions I may be able to help with on this thread.

What I mean by this is stuff to do with the mechanics of the game, eg, the split or the exp system and so forth. I can't answer scripting/storyline/item questions because I don't know where they are any better than you do.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
The strategy part of the Pokemon games is like a completely separate aspect of them. While LC (and a lot of other hacks) puts emphasis on the RPG part (sprites, maps, events) the strategy part is sometimes suffers some degree of compromise (albeit completely unintentional).

The phys/spec split, however, puts a different twist into the game, not necessarily harming it. Some pokemon benefit from it, while others are hindered. Typhlosion, for instance, is quite bad now, as it can no longer utilize a special Thunderpunch for coverage. On the other hand, Feraligatr (which is my starter in LC) is vastly improved, now possessing a STAB physical Waterfall and getting very good coverage with only two physical moves (Waterfall and Return/Double Edge). Plus it gets physical Ice Punch, Bite, Crunch, etc for more super effective coverage.

Another example would be Dragon Claw. As it's now physical, Dragonite and Salamence can be much more threatening, not having to rely on HP Flying. Latios, on the other hand, is crippled and has to rely on either HP Dragon or Dragonbreathe.

As for Hyper Beam, that is pretty much an overrated move, considering Return hits hard enough, has just as good distribution, doesn't require recharge and it is still physical.

So, IMO the split should stay as it doesn't necessarily unbalance the game too much. Plus its implementation is now near perfect and it makes the gameplay more complex.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
does anyone know the point of the colored flutes? and if they are to get past the walls that have markings to get to the legendary birds or something like in rock tunnel - how do you use them because it says place the instrument back into its original place and i cant simply do that

edit:
Also, has anyone gotten past the endless staircase in dragons den from the undersea cavern? I have both Kyogre and Groundon and dont know what to do

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Hey guys. Sorry for not much activity in the thread recently. Just to say I am alive and haven't forgotten about LC. As if I could.. xD. Been working on other things and Uni work every since i went back on the 9th. The say the least I still am. In a few weeks time I will do a major overhaul on the reported bugs fixing as many as I can.

I can't stress enough how great it is to see people using the Live Systems and the Hack Bug Report Database. I get reports via email whenever someone submits a bug and there's a great deal on there I can fix now thanks to you.

When the time is right I'll take a look over this thread and reply to the important posts since last time. Thanks Jambo51 for keeping the thread under control, and thanks to everyone else for helping each other out.

~LaZ

dbcification

Long-Time Lurker
Years
Hi, I've searched the thread and can't find anything about this...

In Route 32, there are supposed to be Numel, right? Only, I've spent about three hours wandering around looking for one (dusk, night, morning, if that helps), but no dice. I've found every OTHER Pokemon that appears there, just not Numel. Is it just ridiculously rare or something?

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
In Route 32, there are supposed to be Numel, right? Only, I've spent about three hours wandering around looking for one (dusk, night, morning, if that helps), but no dice. I've found every OTHER Pokemon that appears there, just not Numel. Is it just ridiculously rare or something?
I don't know if it is in route 32 but i caught a Numel in Union cave, which is just below route 32.

dbcification

Long-Time Lurker
Years
I don't know if it is in route 32 but i caught a Numel in Union cave, which is just below route 32.

I finally did find one, but it took another hour. :/ Even so, it absolutely tanked Bugsy four levels under Scyther.

I can't find any Pokemon at all on the first floor of Union Cave. Maybe it's just me, but I dunno. :/

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
^Their aren't any Pokemon on the 1st floor as of now. To catch some you must head to b1f.

Years
I finally did find one, but it took another hour. :/ Even so, it absolutely tanked Bugsy four levels under Scyther.

I can't find any Pokemon at all on the first floor of Union Cave. Maybe it's just me, but I dunno. :/

To tell you the truth bro The locations of many pokemons are changed to that of the previous version

Starforce23

Ultimate Trainer Red
Years
  • Age 23
  • Hmm
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
2 and a half regions isn't enough for you?
To answer the question directly, no. There isn't space in the ROM. It's already stretched as it is.

Heeey...I was just making a queston, OK?! Oh,great,I can't know?!

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
Hey can somone help me out ive been looking for a heracross and a scyther and I can't fine them

Back