• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Mind if i fix up the pokemon tech maps? the town and the school for you? You needn't even credit me...
I did the town already... It isn't my best work... but it is something for you to finish... If you want it just say so...
TechTown.png

Last edited:

PokemonXP

Platinum Battler
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 18, 2010
Dark Ash said:
Coastal Beach

243ws.png

Your maps are getting better. But you need to fill in that corner of the map. It looks a bit plain with no trees there. Unless you plan on having some sort of event happening there.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Err...coastal?...where? O.o
It's a town surrounded by trees with a lake (still water, not moving water which would make it a river) in it. Coastal means beach, sea etc...(which means that saying it's a 'coastal beach' is effectively calling it a 'beach beach')
Also, your trees look a bit messed up -some seem to be missing their tops, although it's difficult to tell from this size.
In the bottom right corner, you seem to have a random ledge surrounded by trees? That doesn't look right.
You should add more features -more smaller trees and bushes, and more flowers.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
Well, I have quite a number of things to comment on that map (cause I have microscopic vision XD )

1. You waste too much map space only with emptiness or trees, if Nintendo were to do that they wouldn't use cartridges but DVDs or something like that.
2. As Claire said, coastal means beach, etc,etc,etc + that boat is a little big to be on a river?
3. Those bridges are scary, in case you didn't notice there's better tiles to use as a support for the bridge.
4. You don't use layers correctly, some trees are missing their sides, others missing the tops, and you could just use the tileset in a better way for those poor trees.
5. That tileset has more than one type of rock, not using so many rocks that look the same and in a symmetrical way would be good.
6. Nature is random, almost everything in your map seems to be symmetrical like someone actually projected for it to be like that, make things more random that will solve some problems.
7. There's so many types of houses,etc on that tileset and even though you always restrict yourself to 1 or 2 types of houses... try to give some use to that tileset, be creative and use layers wisely :\

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
too empty...fill it with people, grass, empty houses, etc.......

Onyxrhapsody87

El encantador de la anima
Years
At least this guy is trying... and he's learning... A community should try encouraging him with his practicing instead of just telling him where he's going wrong... I'm sure he'll get it soon! It takes longer for some people to learn mapping... Hang in there Dark Ash!

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
just treaten him the way i was treated when i first started...im not sayin its bad, he just needs to add more details and stuff:D

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Onyxrhapsody87 said:
At least this guy is trying... and he's learning... A community should try encouraging him with his practicing instead of just telling him where he's going wrong... I'm sure he'll get it soon! It takes longer for some people to learn mapping... Hang in there Dark Ash!

yes encourage him
but if you dont tell him where hes going wrong how can he fix it and make it better!?

BTW nice screenies DarkAsh though they need filing up!
use flowers, sand, diff grass, and try to make it look natural (place them randemly)

Good luck:D :D :D

Onyxrhapsody87

El encantador de la anima
Years
What I meant to say was to encourage him if you are going to tell him where he went wrong... A live example...
Dark Ash... You're definately getting better. It's showing in your latest maps... Now try using mountains in your maps as well to cover the borders.. that can also help fill in the plain areas that the people are talking about... Finally your not doing this as much as some people have... but remember that nature... (trees, rocks, flowers, etc.) are random, much like Dark Doom said...

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
With the beach, it wouldn't form a straight line between the grass and the sand. Also, where the sea hits the grass it would either be a rock face not requiring sand (which would mean you need steps down to the beach area), or it would have a sand lining.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
DarkAsh, I still think you shouldn't use that many trees on a map, you must have an idea of the size of the map before you start making it so that you don't have to fill the empty spots with trees later. As for the beach it is still very symmetrical, try making it more random and also there's some tiles to change from grass to sand, try using those instead of just putting sand suddenly :)

metabee14

Worshipper of the Zero Requiem
Years
Dark Ash said:

You are definately improving on your maps.
May I suggest something with the beach?
Remember Slateport City(R/S/E)? If you do, there is a small ledge which separates the beach with the ground. If you make a ledge like that then it will look great.

Here is the pic:
beach8fe.png

See how simple and yet very effective this is?
Good luck with the rest of the game.

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
Years
:dead: I am going to be honest now::dead: *kills pride*

You are getting better Dark Ash, keep it up!!!!!:D You are improving keep it up, you should maybe use my grass/sand tiles which I'll post up soon (next week!!!!!!!!!)

Dark Ash

Lonely
Years
Sorry

Sorry to say this but we can't show no more maps on this forum.You have to got other furum for more pics.Very Sorry, It has to be in its home forum.Die games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back