• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
A lot of that sounds great, but I get the feeling it's still early yet for them to be releasing this information, more so because it's far too detailed in my opinion. They've not only given out the name of each gym leader, but their type, the name of their badges, and the location of each gym. It's too much too soon, and as good as it all sounds, it's probably too good. I'm leaning more towards fake on this one, but I certainly wouldn't mind if it were real.

Afterthought, the description of each gym leader's appearance sounds very tame.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
To be honest, a lot of those ideas does sound very cool~ I mean, I immediately fell in love with that ballerina-esque gym! Perhaps it is too much info in so little time, but, I'd still say credit should be where credit is due.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Not sure if this has been covered but something interesting about the gyms has came to light:

Spoiler:

It is well structured and certainly sounds believable, I'd be pretty happy with thos roster tbh. Oh and if this is true then we finally get that overdue Dark type leader we've been craving for.

Its from Mr.XY. Its fake. Supposedly there is supposed to be a Grass Gym due to the opening trailer and a lot of those names were references that someone mocked on Pokejungle. The Dark Gym leader one being a Twilight thing I forgot how it goes though.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Has Pokemon Smash revealed any hintful information regarding XY, which will be revealed in this month's Corocoro, or has the show not started yet?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Has Pokemon Smash revealed any hintful information regarding XY, which will be revealed in this month's Corocoro, or has the show not started yet?

It ended 3 and a half hours ago. Nothing new showed.

Well, I don't think anyone has even leaked the show yet. Maybe check back tomorrow evening?

It streams around 4:30pm Central every saturday. Just check Pokejungle cause either ProudVictini of ZephyrSonic stream it. Though we are less likely to get news through Smash before a Coro Coro release.

Leaks will start to appear soon, earliest believable leak would be tomorrow since that's the 10th, some may surface tonight since its currently the 10th in Japan and the subscribers get their issues today or tomorrow. In that time Pokemon.com will update either before the 15th which is the legal date of Coro Coro release or after the 15th.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I won't really believe it til the 12th given that just seems like the day for leaks lol. I mean it was a common pattern in Gen 5 at least. :x

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I won't really believe it til the 12th given that just seems like the day for leaks lol. I mean it was a common pattern in Gen 5 at least. :x
I have to agree, that'll proably be the earliest we'll get scans. Hopefully they'll reveal the typing of the mascots, and Sylveon. Also the region's name would be nice, so we can actually refer to it by name.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have to agree, that'll proably be the earliest we'll get scans. Hopefully they'll reveal the typing of the mascots, and Sylveon. Also the region's name would be nice, so we can actually refer to it by name.
Personally, I think referring to it as "France" suffices. I mean, what else can we call it other than "that strange unmentionable place"?

Cyclone

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
13th really if you're on the other side of the Atlantic ocean. Any region name would come with the region as well.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Personally, I think referring to it as "France" suffices. I mean, what else can we call it other than "that strange unmentionable place"?

Cyclone
I usually refer to it as the X/Y Region until an official name is given. We could say it's based off of a France, but that's not 100% confirmed yet. Even then, the region will likely be influenced from other areas outside of France as well.

We could be getting possible leaks of this month's cover as early as tonight, but I am more expecting it start hitting the internet sometime around tomorrow or Tuesday instead.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I call it the region of these games :3 It's going to be kind of strange given that for Unova we got to call it Isshu for a while but this time around we'll be at just the English name which'll be weird :x

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
You know what, I really, really, hope that we get to see the rival. Or rivals. That, and new pokemon, of course~ But, at least the rival or maybe the protagonist's artwork is enough for me.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Well if last month was any indication we could be getting them tonight. From what I hear on the grape vine they were already leaked a full 2 days before they were found, so anythings possible.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd expect them tomorrow morning honestly, but who knows. The earlier the better obviously.

As for what to refer to the region as until the actual name gets released, it's just easier to call it "the new region" to me, as calling it by its speculated inspiration doesn't really make sense to me.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Id say the earliest is tonight.

Im not willing to call it "France" or "PokeFrance" just yet. It could be based on more than just France. Yes the city in the trailer was probably inspired by Paris with that Eiiffel Tower looking thing, but it was only one place). I actually hope it is more than just France, as more of Europe would make for a much more interesting region with a lot of influences.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Id say the earliest is tonight.

Im not willing to call it "France" or "PokeFrance" just yet. It could be based on more than just France. Yes the city in the trailer was probably inspired by Paris with that Eiiffel Tower looking thing, but it was only one place). I actually hope it is more than just France, as more of Europe would make for a much more interesting region with a lot of influences.

I definitely agree with this. The last thing I want is another flat-feeling region like Unova was. Taking aspects from all over Europe (like the Mediterranean, the Alps, some desert areas) would make for a better region to explore in my opinion.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Nah, I want France to happen as is. Each country of Europe is too homogenous and diverse to cramp all in one region, and I fully expect a couple of regions to come out of the continent. The US didn't simply because while the east coast might be different from the midlands and the west coast, the country in general is the same in terms of culture, society and history,, where as Europe is 2000+ years of history for each country. A lot of different mythologies as well that can be a basis, is another factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back