• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Metropolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
title27hl.png

Welcome to Pokémon Metropolis!

#===========================================#
1. Why to start a new thread?

It was the intention of Pkmn Metropolis Team to create a new thread a long time ago, since the old one was created by Rm2k3kid and Krazy_Meerkat with the purpose of finding people willing to continue the game. However, we didn't want to act like most of people, that just rushes things up, making a new thread for their games and one week later the game is discontinued.

We kept our updates slow but constant, always keeping things on the background. But now, we have enough to show you, so I present our game: POKéMON Metropolis!

2. Project history

This game was originally started by Rm2k3kid and Krazy_Meerkat, but it got discontinued, for reasons out of my knowledge. It was passed down to me, always having backup from the original creators.

Although I could script very well, I lack mapping and spriting abilities. So I needed a mapper/spriter. The answer came to me in the best way possible: Yuka (aka ~Heart) offered her help with 'anything I needed'. Since that time, we're working together and giving our best on finishing this game.

3. Story

Since we want to keep most of the story a surprise, for when you play the real game, we'll just give a basic storyline, so you can catch up what's going on and where's the adventure going to.

Note: all names presented here may change.

After a boring day at school, our hero/ine is told by Professor Maple to stop by her lab later. That's the day you expected your whole life: the day to get a Pokémon and start a journey.

In your way home, you see your rival, showing off a Pokémon of his own, talking about it's greatness. He soon sees you and start pointing out how 'loser' your are, for not having one yet.

After being mocked by everyone, the hero goes for a walk in the forest nearby, thinking on how cool would it be to have a Pokémon. Then, just like if fate had put it there, he finds an Pokémon egg. However, even happy to have find an abandoned egg, our hero doesn't have too much time to think of it, as he sees his rival battling with someone...

I guess that's ok to keep you interested for now. ^^
I'm pretty sure you'll all love this game.

4. Features

For those that were reading the updates in the old thread, you know that we've got some nice features. For those of you who are getting to know the game now, here's a list of somethings you'll find:

* Custom tiles, characters and Pokémons;
* Improved GBA's battle system, following the same style;
* Daytime system, with five different day periods (Morning, day, afternoon, evening and night), with Pokémons and events appearing/happening only on certain hours;
* Possibility to toggle between Real Time and 5h/day;
* Naming system exactly as seen on GBA;
* Possibility to travel between Regions, with different mini-quests and Pokémon;
* View and team up with characters from the Manga series;
* Find and collect unique Pokémons with unique sprites (like Flying Pikachu, from the Trading Card Game);
* Tournaments with different battle style;
* An awesome storyline, filled with surprises, twists and excitement;

And well, much more. We wouldn't like to spoil any surprises, would we?

5. Screenshots

The ultimate Metropolis' screenshot collection:

POKÉDEX
Spoiler:

ITEMS
Spoiler:

BATTLE
Spoiler:

IN GAME
Spoiler:

NAMING SYSTEM
Spoiler:

DAY/NIGHT
Spoiler:

SURFING/RUNNING/CYCLING
Spoiler:

OPTIONS
Spoiler:

MISC
Spoiler:

CUSTOM POKÉMON
Spoiler:

POSSIBLY OUTDATED SCREENSHOTS (VERY OLD VERSIONS)
Spoiler:

6. Game preview

Game previews:

Preview I:

Preview II:

Preview III:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMiRYfYd5I4

7. Credits

Story/ideas: Krazy_Meerkat, Rm2k3kid, Yuka and ~Azura
Maps: mostly Yuka and Rm2k3kid, minor fixes by ~Azura
Sprites: Yuka, Avatar
Scripts: ~Azura

(Did I forget you? PM me! Do you think we may have a credit issue? PM me!)

8. Special thanks

* To the original creators, for giving us the chance of finishing this game
* To all people who support/ed this game

~The Pokémon Metropolis Team.

Last edited:
Years
Looking as good as ever.Nice video you got there I really like the background of the intro and the hero sprite is cool. Good luck for the game and I don't think you will stop after a week because you have worked alot on the game.:)

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
I want to say that what you see in the Video Demo is not final... We might change stuff around later on as the game progress.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
Are all the Gym leader and E4 sprites done or not? If not, can we post our?

Thank you for the offer, if you want to show it to us... do so through PM. Then we'll decide on it but we cant promise anything.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Yeah, as Yuka said, there's no problem on sending, although we are NOT requesting anything. Submit your works so maybe we can use (and give credit, of course).

However, do NOT post any sprites here, as I'll kindly ask a moderator to remove it.

PM's only, please.

~Azura.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
This is one of my favourite projects. It looks really good.
The background for the professor speech looks a little out of place though for that speech, but looks really slick lol.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
This is the project I have the most faith in being completed.

I love the screenshots they're all great, I watched the video clip and, whilst I enjoyed it, I was a little disappointed not to see any action of the battle/menu systems. Hopefully you'll make a new video with some clips of that.

Also, I've just noticed that you haven't posted anything about the story, so if you could kindly do that for us please, it'd be great.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Thanks, we're working hard on finishing this, since it's our first 'open to public' project. We've both worked alone in the background for years now, so we accquired experience from there.

The screenshots you see there are a little out of date (as of November), since we got them straight from the old thread. We'll upload some new screenshots, so keep your eyes open ^^

The video was just a preview on what's going on in there. The main reason we didn't put any battle/menu system is... that even I wasn't aware of that video! Yuka made it a surprise for me too :P
The next video will be recorded by me, so you'll see pretty much everything you are waiting for, without spoiling any story/secret, of course.

The storyline? Well... we don't want to spoil ANYthing, but I understand that is a part of the rules, so I shall write about the story, as you requested.

Give me a few minutes and I'll edit my first post.

@Neo-Dragon: out of place? Well, now that you said... :p We'll keep an eye for that, ok?

Thanks,

~Pokémon Metropolis Team.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
Update!

Updates: Pokedex is fully finished and functional. Here are some of screenshots that shows the Pokedex.

dex01hl4.png

dex02sd5.png

dex03uq7.png

dex03bjo2.png

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I think it looks great as it is really, I wouldn't change the colour scheme at all.

One thing though is the bottom of the screen where you have buttons. "Press A for this" "Press B for that" "Press Start for the other". You could edit that and change it for the actual keys that you press.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
@Dawson, Thank you for pointing that out... We'll work on that :).

@Guzv4, Just as Dawson said, I think we're sticking with the color scheme.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
Someone has mentioned that my intro graphic is out of place... so I remade the intro. here are some screenshots

schoolback2kv8.png

intro02fl3.png

I hope u guys like it :). Comments are welcome :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back