• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Fanfictionary

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Is it against the rules to ask for something to be made permanent? (stickied) How about this post, if that's okay to ask?

I have this idea. This thread is for the definitions of words that have anything to do with writing fiction. You just add on words that haven't been put up, and people come here for definitions. Follow my example, going from first to 2nd to 3rd and so on. Don't understand? Read below.

Note: You may also add on to definitions as well, as long as you refer to the post number and the member that defined the word. You must wait until another has posted so you don't double post, so that you can do another definition. One word per post, just so you all know.

The Fanfictionary
By Protrainer Eon
The Fanfiction Dictionary!
First Word - Fanfiction

Fanfiction can be described as many things. There are different perspectives of what this term means. Here is my version of the definition.

Fanfiction is a fan-created story featuring characters from a certain show, manga, or movie. A story can be classified as a "fanfic" or "fiction" if it has anything at least slightly related to a show, manga, or movie. These written pieces are then reviewed by others and commented on.

Fanfiction comes in different forms. It also comes in certain written versions, with different levels of description and kinds of style, depending on the writer. As the writer, you can take your fanfic down the path you choose. Just the same as a book author, you make the plot and choose the characters and settings, but that is enough about writers for now. (see "writer" section when it is posted)

Moving back to fanfiction.

This should, if it is written correctly, begin with either a prologue or chapter foreshadowing, completely revealing, or dabbling into the plot. The plot must have something that draws readers in, whether it be a cool title or characters which they can relate to. Or both. Once you have readers, you should keep bringing them into the story, making them want more. That is how you truly develop a great fanfiction. I hope this definition has covered enough topics that have to do with fiction.

If you've read this to help write a fiction, please inform me if it has helped. Next definition please. Anyone is welcome!

Back