• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

→ [SLASHER★BLUE] ☆ The Manga Project ←

Years
Summary;

This is a personal project I've been working on lately, at first I was a tad reluctant to go ahead with it since the last major project I actually committed myself to doing was one in 2005, so I do feel I'm a bit rusty with this sort of thing, but I can't say I've ever made a manga before and after being encouraged by one or two friends, I decided to do it, and with a plot line that in some respect can be considered a "true story".

I will say nothing about what it's about, because I want readers to discover that as they go along. I can say that it does revolve around my persona. Rated PG-13 for some mild language in later chapters. I urge you to PLEASE keep spoilers hidden in spoiler tags. I apologise for a couple of low quality panels in a few pages, the program I was working with gave me a bit of trouble with them, may make some amendments in the near future. This thread shall also build up over time, but for now...enjoy!
9a7au0.jpg
    Volume One -​
"Freak show"

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
whoa....... now that's good what program did you use, it looks legit what's the genre?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Isn't this amazing? Your personalized manga. Great! I'll read this after school. ^^

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
Woah. People have not been under-exaggerating your artistic talent. I... didn't really understand what was going on, though you did say you were doing this for an effective opening. But it would have helped if you'd given a couple more names, maybe a vague idea of the antagonist's intentions. Eagerly awaiting to catch up with the next parts, whenever they may arrive. May I ask how long it took to do up to here?

Also the one named character (avoided giving the name, your persona if I'm reading everything correctly) reminds me of Lorelei so much. Even the manga personalities are fairly similar. Not a bad thing though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Wow, Siggy. This was amazing. :D My favorite pages would have to be Pages 39 & 40, with the way you used that blur effect was really good. :]

I'm looking forward to reading more of this. Good luck~

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
You should at least make the links bigger so users wouldn't have such a hard time. :) I'm going to enjoy this. It must've took you a long time to draw all of this.

Oh, and is it left-to-right or right-to-left?

Melody

Banned
Years
Wow. This is nothing short of amazing Siggy. :D

Keep up the awesome work. <3 (Seriously that was so good, I think you might actually enjoy making real manga...or at least find it fairly doable. xD)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Its left to right.

Even though i didnt understand much, i emjoyed it. This is really good and must have taken a long time to draw all this. Keep at it.
!~countryemo

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Wowww..

Makes me view the character in such a different way now, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I hope this something that goes until it finishes, since I'd hate to see it just stop randomly, and then be left undone. How much time did that volume take you? o_o Looks so time-consuming, but the end result is awesome. I assume Manga Studio could've been used.. but then, lots of people also manage to make manga art on Photoshop as well. xD;

ending spoiler;
Spoiler:

Years
whoa....... now that's good what program did you use, it looks legit what's the genre?

I used Manga Studio to make the layout of the panels. As for the art, that was done elsewhere. :O

Isn't this amazing? Your personalized manga. Great! I'll read this after school. ^^

Have fun! :D

Woah. People have not been under-exaggerating your artistic talent. I... didn't really understand what was going on, though you did say you were doing this for an effective opening. But it would have helped if you'd given a couple more names, maybe a vague idea of the antagonist's intentions. Eagerly awaiting to catch up with the next parts, whenever they may arrive. May I ask how long it took to do up to here?

Also the one named character (avoided giving the name, your persona if I'm reading everything correctly) reminds me of Lorelei so much. Even the manga personalities are fairly similar. Not a bad thing though.

Pretty much, though I couldn't exactly give away names during the first chapter as I'd be spoiling what I have planned for the second. I purposely drew this up for the sake of adding suspense and giving readers that curiosity to read the next part. This volume took me about...ooh, just over a week to do. I was very busy and my connection has been pretty horrible recently, so I really took my time with it.

Wow, Siggy. This was amazing. :D My favorite pages would have to be Pages 39 & 40, with the way you used that blur effect was really good. :]

I'm looking forward to reading more of this. Good luck~
Thanks, Michael! Nice to know you liked those two pages, certainly was a neat idea to try. XD;
You should at least make the links bigger so users wouldn't have such a hard time. :) I'm going to enjoy this. It must've took you a long time to draw all of this.

Oh, and is it left-to-right or right-to-left?
Yeah, you're probably right. @_@ I just wanted to conserve space, but I'll try and adjust the layout a bit more. Yeah, it did take a while, but it was worth it in the end!

It's left to right. You go zig-zag down the page then to the next. =]
Wow. This is nothing short of amazing Siggy. :D

Keep up the awesome work. <3 (Seriously that was so good, I think you might actually enjoy making real manga...or at least find it fairly doable. xD)
Hehe, it'll be something neat to try in the near future! In the meantime I'll do what I can with this current manga. Thanks Pachy. :>
Its left to right.

Even though i didnt understand much, i emjoyed it. This is really good and must have taken a long time to draw all this. Keep at it.
!~countryemo
Yeah, it did take a while, hopefully you can understand it a bit better during the next chapter. Thanks!
Pretty nice story, a little freaky as well! XD
Nice work Siggy, cant wait for more! :D
Haha, you said it! Thanks loli. :D
You meanie, why didn't you tell me you finished this? I wanted to be the first person to read it ;o;
I'm sorry, Zetty! D: I should have told you about it first, my bad.

...well don't worry, I'll show you the second part before anybody else! :D

Wowww..

Makes me view the character in such a different way now, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I hope this something that goes until it finishes, since I'd hate to see it just stop randomly, and then be left undone. How much time did that volume take you? o_o Looks so time-consuming, but the end result is awesome. I assume Manga Studio could've been used.. but then, lots of people also manage to make manga art on Photoshop as well. xD;

ending spoiler;
Spoiler:
Oh I'm sure this is something I won't end, especially since it's something I'm going to apply to the art course I'm going to start in September eventually. I've left a project hanging once before, I don't really want to do that with this one.

Well it took over a week, it was rather time consuming, but I loved doing it. I never used Manga Studio to draw the art, though, used another program for that. :P

Haha, looks like you've really taken an interest! Maybe some of your questions will be answered soon. C:

Anyway, thanks all! I'm going to work on the second part now, may take a little while though. =_=

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
It's a good thing you did try that effect. :) I tried not to make my other post as generic as possible, but I think I failed... u___u

Anyway, there seems to be a very interesting story arc going on, which I forgot to mention. Something I'd LOVE to buy if it were available in stores. XD

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Hey, this is cute. You'd better be writing more right this moment :s
Get published sooner than later and I promise I'll buy a book.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
Another project by Siggy! :D

Man, it makes me wish we didn't start completely ignoring each other since we stopped talking. I want to have known about this earlier XD. I still love your art very much. It looks so legit. You could make some profit from your talent. I'm waiting for this to be available in my local bookstore. :]

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Why is this thread dead D:

This great piece basically has the same fate as the other threads in Art Gallery section... Null and Void of comments and critics...

I need to dig deep to my brain to understand the plot, though. It's somehow cloudy and kinda hard to understand.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
GO MANGA STUDIO!!

Did you draw it by hand and import it? Also, put it up on Smackjeevs or something, it needs a better format to read it in.

EDIt: Its also highly cliched that the freak knows Blue/Signomi/Whomever

Last edited:
Back