• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

hNLwi.gif

And my current avatar are much better gifs (than the previous ones I posted). ;)

No clue why this one goes slow in the middle though I BLAME TOO MANY FRAMESSSS.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Check the time between each frame if you can? That might be the problem since I've seen gifs with a lot of frames that flow more easily than that.

Cid

Years
Man I love that B2/W2 animated promo trailer. Bianca and Cheren. And the main protagonist and rival. Lucario! And of course Elesa! <3

All right, I've watched the avengers!

I liked it :D
It's one of those films that you feel like it's gonna be crap but everyone says it's so good you just have to see it. I watched it with my friends (some of whom were seeing it a second time), and I actually hoped it'd never end. :P
It's really nicely done, the visuals are stunning (all those blurs and glares) and I really like the characters, even though I hadn't seen the earlier Marvel films. Thor and Loki still aren't anything like their mythological selves, but as original characters they're really good.

The dialogue was good too. While the comic relief was really predictable they managed to get some really clever gags in there, and conversations felt smooth. The sense of detail was also amazing.
Now, some things felt a bit off, like how the Hulk actually felt legitimately scary during the first part of the picture but turned out to not be a problem at all in the second half, where he just jumped around and did pretty what the other characters told him too. A bit of a let-down when it was such a big deal how he was uncontrollable.
I also couldn't get around why they were calling Thor a demigod. Hey, you're either a god or not. You're not a demigod, because you're not ****ing Hercules ("****ing" used as an intensifier, not a verb :P ).

But all the things somehow made sense. The heroes functioned with each other setting-wise, we got to see lots of VS battles, and in the second half we got some good, brainless alien bashing. I really enjoyed it!

That's like the best superhero movie I've seen in years. I'm guilty of being familiar with the movie-verse canon of the Marvel films but it's still really great to watch even when you're not familiar with anything. I did love the visuals, but I'm really glad that they did a great job of personifying these huge characters with the dialogue. I mean, these characters are almost only known for their superpowers and origin stories, not their character, as ironic as it may sound.

The second part of the film did feel a bit rushed, like there was no sign of them actually fixing the problems of clashing egos but I'm okay if it means the film doesn't get damaged too much of it. Mark Ruffalo was really impressive as Bruce Banner, and he was almost as likeable as RDJ. Almost. And I just assume Thor was described as a demigod because he was depicted that way with momentarily being a normal human in his flick, I think. That scene with Tony Stark and Loki was still pretty awesome.

Loved how the characters all shine in their own ways. And I agree, the VS battles were a nice touch. I don't even want to compare it to the most recent Transformers.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I really really really hope that I get to see the Avengers tomorrow. I honestly haven't heard one negative thing about it and that's... quite a feat for a movie these days. Unless you want to count 'it was too short' or something as negative haha. A friend of my sister's said that 'it was epic. and then the epic ended. way too soon'.

Years
5. The only negative things I've heard about it have been from Pokey, and that's just him nitpicking about Norse mythology.

A few of my friends have been amped up for this movie since we saw the ending to the first Iron Man. Their exact words were "SAMUEL L. JACKSON'S GOING TO BE IN THE AVENGERS!"

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

the Hulk is all the power you need

he can hold continents together, rip open the fabric of reality, leap miles with a single jump, destroy planets and much more

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Don't know much about Thor but Loki is a trickster. He was being pretty tricky and stuff to me in Thor soooo. /shrugs. I'm not picky. I'm open-minded. But I couldn't help but be amused and giddy at the Norse Mythology. Especially Yggdrasill, Heimdall and Asgard but that might be from too much Symphonia.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Already planning on it! Especially considering that in the other Marvel movies there were an extra scene after the credits.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Check the time between each frame if you can? That might be the problem since I've seen gifs with a lot of frames that flow more easily than that.

Yeah I did, it's all set to no delay which... confuses me. XD;

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I watched the first after-scene, where you saw the next bad guy. I didn't stay for the very, very last scene though ;;

And actually I think they managed to fix some of the problems between the heroes in the film! :D
I noticed especially Stark. At first he isn't much for the whole hero thing, but during the film he risks way more than all the others in the end. He works passionately and is displayed as willing to die to save his companions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back