• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon X and Y anime speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
In that Gym Battle she's watching it's her sister that Ash is battling. So I can see why she's tagging along to see that battle. I don't really think she'll be tagging along afterwards or rather I hope not. Five is a pretty big group to travel with and I think they should stick with four people maximum.

But Four is an unlucky number in Japan, so they might as well try to shoehorn in Alexa into the group to prevent any potential problems with the previous four-people group Ash was in back in Hoenn, where the most vocal fans were at their peak.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I just feel that if Alexa tags along that is one more character to focus on and we won't get the character development we are really hoping for this region after the lack that last region got in the end. Pokemon has always had trouble in that department while also having the right pacing. I really don't want anyone in the group to become a stalemate like Cilan sadly became in the character development department because he was such a lovely character. But take note that this is my personal opinion and I'm not going to bring up Alexa and her character development here because I've honestly only have seen three episodes with her.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Unlike other , I have no problem is Ash being Over-powered & Invincible in XY Series as long as Battle are good !!!
Because that the only thing that didn't happened .
A lot of people say how boring its going to be if Ash become overpowered but I disagree .
Because we won't know if Ash was invincible or not until the series end.
However , The longer Ash remain undefeated , The More People will fear for Ash's defect !!!
Tell me , If Hypothetically Ash remain undefeated for 50 episode , can any of you say with full confidence Ash won't going to lose at all in XY Series ??
Can Any of You ? With complete confidence !!!
Nope !!!
Because You can't say if Ash going to win a battle Or not without seeing a full battle .
You can't say that Ash going to win this battle just because he haven't been beaten for 50 episode .
Instate , You will think that Ash might lose the current battle because He's haven't been defected for 50 episode.
Thats how Human mind Work !!!
Like ''Prince of Tennis'' , Just Because Ryoma is doesn't lose very much doesn't mean I can say that he will win the current match .
So Pokemon XY series Wouldn't be Boring with Ash being Over-powered as long as Writer doesn't give him EASY VICTORY !!!
Over-powered Protagonist can be well-received.
Such as Atem (Yu-gi-oh) & Nagi Springfield (Negima).
I mean , Nagi Springfield become teacher of Highschool female mage when he was 12 year old .
Now , Thats Over-powered !!!

Years
…so anyway…

Did anyone notice that they've dynamically animated everything at least in the trailers so far?

In previous series, as a Pokémon would move, you'd get the generic motion background, like any old 1990's anime. Yet, in every scene in the videos they've released, we'd get fully animated backgrounds when a Pokémon is in motion. Is this the first time in a long time where they've actually spent money animating the series?

Me!!! :) I said it earlier (post #238). I am so excited about this. I really hope they keep it that way and that it's not only for the trailers ~_~

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
…so anyway…

Did anyone notice that they've dynamically animated everything at least in the trailers so far?

In previous series, as a Pokémon would move, you'd get the generic motion background, like any old 1990's anime. Yet, in every scene in the videos they've released, we'd get fully animated backgrounds when a Pokémon is in motion. Is this the first time in a long time where they've actually spent money animating the series?

I noticed that as well, and it looks amazing. Hopefully it stays like this for every battle scene. I've never been so excited for a new season!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Welp, now that we know that Ash isn't going to bring Charizard on his way to Kalos based on the last episode of Best Wishes Da, that means there's going to be a Mega Pikachu no doubt since he's always getting the special treatment from Game Freak as the series' mascot, thus neglecting Raichu once again.

Years
…so anyway…

I honestly feel like that won't last past the first few episodes. They might be choosing to showcase just those bits to make the trailer seem more appealing, but.. fingers crossed the stock backgrounds won't be used as often. I guess I don't have as much faith in the anime writers as I used to. :(

I agree that hopefully each character will get a decent amount of screentime and development this time around. Now that we're going to be with four characters (including Ash) I fear certain ones will just be tossed around as "undeveloped sidekicks."

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Welp, now that we know that Ash isn't going to bring Charizard on his way to Kalos based on the last episode of Best Wishes Da, that means there's going to be a Mega Pikachu no doubt since he's always getting the special treatment from Game Freak as the series' mascot, thus neglecting Raichu once again.
I really doubt that. The thing about Megas is that they bump a Pokémon in its final stage up to about Legendary tier. And I mean the only reason to give Pika a Mega would be for the anime, and that's not going to happen. Pikachu may be the mascot, but they're not going to break game mechanics for him. In all probability, Charizard coming back in EN/Decolora was a way to reintroduce him to audiences in preparation for a later return in Kalos for Mega Evolution. Ash will end up with a Mega at some point, and it will probably be Charizard, but I am absolutely sure that it's not going to be Pikachu.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I really doubt that. The thing about Megas is that they bump a Pokémon in its final stage up to about Legendary tier. And I mean the only reason to give Pika a Mega would be for the anime, and that's not going to happen. Pikachu may be the mascot, but they're not going to break game mechanics for him. In all probability, Charizard coming back in EN/Decolora was a way to reintroduce him to audiences in preparation for a later return in Kalos for Mega Evolution. Ash will end up with a Mega at some point, and it will probably be Charizard, but I am absolutely sure that it's not going to be Pikachu.

Or Ash won't get a Mega at all. In all honesty I don't see the writers giving him one. They are going to get showcased once or twice in the series then become forgotten or used only by the enemies.

Even if they wanted to give him one they can always have him catch a Pokemon that gets one later on or introduce another of his Pokemon with it and have them come in instead of Charizard. Though I'm goin with he may not get one at all.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Can we talk about the real issue here? Bonnie!
Shw looks like a max copycat just dumber and younger. And how old is Clemmont anyway that she wants to find him a wife?! He does not look like more than 12-14 to me!

What io really hope is that for the Max-Ash battle he promised him he'll do back at the 3rd gen anime. Hopefully max will have some pokemon he befriended before like Poochyena and Ralts. If not....Bring Dawn back! It looks like she was going for contests again so ill ask this question: Dawn+ Fairy pokemon=AWSOMENESS?

XY series could be better if writer add thing like Ranking !
Suppose -

-Kalo region has its own '''Battle Club'' like Unova .

-However , Kalo Battle Club divide its member to different rank depending on their skill ! Like A-Rank trainer , B-rank trainer , C-rank trainer etc !

-The Hightest Rank is ''S'' and lowest rank is ''F'' !

-However , There is a rare Rank call ''Z-rank'' that given to member who become a E4 member or a Champion !

-When Ash register himself in Kalo Battle Club , He will start off as a F-rank trainer but he will set a record of being quickest member to reach ''S-Rank'' !

-However , There already 5 Or 6 Unknown trainer who reached ''S-Rank'' .

-As The series goes , Ash will met them One by one and learn about them .

I think this way the series will do better .
Because Anime like Pokemon need something to look forward too ''!!!
Knowing that there are 6 powerful unknown rival out there and One of them might reveal themself in any episode will make Kids excited !
Plus , Kids expection differ from Anime to Anime !
The thing they expect in Doremon isn't same as the thing they expect from Pokemon .
To them , Doremon is a funny gag-based Anime and Pokemon is action packed Battle based Anime !
Also , Ash need to be noticed by other ! Because that how Anime like Pokemon Work ! Protagonist need to notice by other in order to developed the plot .
Think , Ash being a ''S-rank'' trainer make other people notice Ash !
Writer can show that due to Ash's popularity , He's already friend with minor background character in Battle Club .
Every time he enter Battle Club , There will be people who know him and friend with him .
After all , May's Contest rivalry were well handled unlike Ash's rivalry ! Its because May get noticed by other without introducing herself to other while Ash has to announce to everyone that he has ** badges Or he was a top ** in some *** League .

To much work and the series itself is repetitive and kinda dissapointing. Also, KaloS!!! with a friggin S!

@Pinkie-Dawn: It's doubtful that Pika would get a Mega; he's not even a full evo himself. Raichu might be something different; but even then we know Pika ain't evolving.

@Hikari: That reminds me of another thing- the Kanto starters being available in early game. Just another reason to keep Charizard in, yeah? And because Charizard stays... I can see a rival getting Fenniken. Too much fire in the main cast otherwise I think.

Oh- with all this talk of extreme battle-focus- I don't want that. You know why contests were fantastic? They expanded the world. They showed more of what Pokémon could do, more creativity from both 'mon and trainer, another side to the life-with-Pokémon. They had battle aspects, yes, but the battles were not about overpowering. They were about the beauty and grace of attack and defense- the art of battle rather than its basic form. I want more of that. I want to see how other people live with Pokémon and how Pokémon contribute to this world rather than battle-focused vagabonds. It's stated many times over that it is nearly unheard of for people to not interact with Pokémon in some way and that many professions are based on or require Pokémon- they can't all be wandering trainers.

I want this world to expand. We've seen BW come in with the battle-heavy and imo the way they presented it made battles less special. The Unova League felt just like an extended tournament rather than being full of the epic showdowns we've come to expect. This was for many reasons tbh, but the two key ones were that a) the battles were not as creative and b) league-style tournaments had been constant throughout the series. Battle-heavy is just not a very interesting direction for Pokémon to go at this point.

And i could easily see contests featured as a main thing in the whole Kalos-France connection!!!!
It would be awsome to see the female companion actually do something (Ahem Iris)....

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ahhh Bonnie's not an issue. They've already given her a goal (find Clemont a wife) and a Pokémon (though she hangs onto it for Clemont). That there gives he screentime, which is something Max didn't always have due to lack of goal/Pokémon. There's a distinct possibility that she'll latch onto Serena as a big sister/idol and have a keen interest in fashion and- if Serena is a coordinator- contests. That'd be a good contrast to battle-and-statistic-oriented Max and also give Serena the kind of in-group support and understanding that May and Dawn didn't really have. I mean, Ash and Brock were great with friendship-support, but they weren't really invested in the same kind of things.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
If there going to be Another Cross-dressing episode in Pokemon XY series then I want-

- Ash being force to Cross-dress without letting his traveling Companion know about it .

-Therefore When Bonnie saw him , She tires to hook him up with his Brother Clemont .

- Ash have a ''Playboy'' rival who tries to woo him without knowing its Ash.

-Several other Misunderstanding created due to cross-dressed Ash that lead to various hilarious moment .

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Found this in serebii -

Spoiler:

Your fascinations are too rich for this anime.

''Shugo Chara'' , ''Sgt Frog'' & ''Yakitate Japan'' gone further then this despite being a Kids Anime .
May be , Pokemon should abandon the ''Old Passion Believe'' about Kids Anime and watch how actual Kids Anime is working then may be we won't have another trolling Series.
For example , Almost everybody believe Shipping has no place in Kids Anime .
Then Why All 90's Kids Anime has a Heroin that Hero like's such as Doreamon , Perman , Ninja Hatori , Mojako and a lot other.
The Whole Idea of ''Shipping'' not having any place in Kids Anime is wrong to begun with.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Pikachu are Dedenne are so cute I think I'm likely going to die of cute rodent overload when Kalos starts airing.

And all I'm going to say to all that, Fanon, is that you have too many hopes of Pokemon become another anime: one that Pokemon is not and never will be. It's part of its charm and if you don't like it the least you can do it stop wishing it was like 'this anime' or 'that anime' every other post.

Also no one said that shipping has no plays in kids anime. But it doesn't have a place in Pokemon. Not from Ash. He's too thickheaded to realize and until he does there's not much hope for him in the love department. I'll bet that if Serena does have a crush on him it'll probably go right over his head. There was I believe only one time when Ash liked or whatever one girl and that was in Kanto which was a huge testing ground of developing Ash to who he will be and they decided that romance is not the focus. Adventuring, gaining companions, winning battles, and being a Pokemon Trainer is more important.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Pikachu are Dedenne are so cute I think I'm likely going to die of cute rodent overload when Kalos starts airing.

And all I'm going to say to all that, Fanon, is that you have too many hopes of Pokemon become another anime: one that Pokemon is not and never will be. It's part of its charm and if you don't like it the least you can do it stop wishing it was like 'this anime' or 'that anime' every other post.

Also no one said that shipping has no plays in kids anime. But it doesn't have a place in Pokemon. Not from Ash. He's too thickheaded to realize and until he does there's not much hope for him in the love department. I'll bet that if Serena does have a crush on him it'll probably go right over his head. There was I believe only one time when Ash liked or whatever one girl and that was in Kanto which was a huge testing ground of developing Ash to who he will be and they decided that romance is not the focus. Adventuring, gaining companions, winning battles, and being a Pokemon Trainer is more important.

I think the main problem is that everyone seeing thing from ''BW Series View'' !!!
But I'm seeing from ''Original Kento series view''.
Because Back then , Pokemon was just as bizarre and funny as ''Sgt Frog'' , ''Shugo chara'' & ''Yakitate Japan''.
Sometime ''Original series'' followed more matured plot as well. (Like Mewtwo Murdering people)
Thats why it was more popular then Other Pokemon series.
For example , If I say I want Angry Serena to hit Ash with a Rubber Hammer and send him flying then I'm sure everyone will say ''Its too Mature'' But I saw Misty to do that type of thing and that what made Kento series hilarious .
And I'm not wishing Pokemon to be like other Anime .
When Somebody try to say My idea to be ''too Mature'' for Kids Anime , I simply show other ''Kids Anime'' that did those type of this which prove that My idea is not mature .
I simply saying Pokemon to be treated like ''Pokemon'' , not like ''Dragon Tail'' or ''Dora The explore'' .
Pokemon is an Anime based on a E-rated game .
If we see the concept of the game , Then Pokemon always meant to be for Older Kids (9 & above) and it should treated more like a Kids shounen Anime .
Like ''Shugo Chara'' .
Its a Kids Anime But if you watch it then you will notice that this Anime is treated more like a Shoujo Anime rather then a Kids Anime .
Thats the same case with Pokemon Anime.
Pokemon need to be treated more like a Shounen Anime for Kids , Not some exploring Anime like ''Dragon Tail'' .
After all , Writer did everything to make Pokemon a Real Kids Anime .
They get rid of Shounen genre in Pokemon , They focus more on ''Exploring'' ,They turn Ash into a Pathetic Loser , They gave Sidekick & rival more spotlight then Ash , They ignored all human shipping , and They didn't do anything that feel ''Too Mature'' .
But Did it made ''Best Wish''more Popular then before ???
Nope , Pokemon got most of its Worst rating during this series .
Even An Older Anime like Doreamon still gets 12% rating
Because Writer hopeless treating Pokemon like ''Dragon Tail'' .
Ash is a Pokemon Trainer , not a explore .
He's not traveling to explore new place , He traveling to become a Pokemon Master.
Exploring the world is job for a explore , Kids interested in Ash doing his own Job , Not someone else's job .
If Pokemon XY series abandon ''Exploring'' as a theme and focus more on Ash overcoming all obstacle and reaching his goal like a Shounen then it can get back the place it once had 15 year ago .
Focusing on exploring killing this show .
As for ever-lasting friendship , Shounen Anime has better friendship & bond then exploring Anime like ''Dragon Tail'' has.

Last edited:
Years
Guys, I just found out something today lol I am re-watching all the episodes of the anime from the beginning and I watched the episode "The Screen Actor's" today. Anyway, Ash and co had to climb a tree so they can give Smoochum back to its trainer Brad. Then there was a dialoque between Ash and Misty about how risky it is to climb that tree and then Ash said "Don't worry Misty, I used to climb bigger trees than this when I was just a kid". And then it hit me. In the trailer we see Ash as a kid among trees. So, I am sure that Serena is Ash's friend from the past and they were climbing trees and stuff but then something happened and Serena left Pallet town :) (can't wait for October 19 :) )

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I would like Ash to have a ''Anti-Villain'' Type of Main Rival.
You know , A rival who work with the evil team but not really evil but rather Misguided.
Like ''N'' from the game .
However , it would be better if that rival is more like Fate (Negima).
At first he beat Ash & Ash will hate him for working with the Evil Team.
So Ash will participate in ''Super Training'' in order to be stronger . In the process he will learn about Main rival's past and realize he's not really Evil .
They will face each other in League final where Ash will use ''Mega Charizard' against his ''Mega Garchamp'' and win And then he ask him to his friend.
The Anime always treated Pokemon League & Villainous ark as 2 different thing .
But may be , The Anime need to combine it together .
May be , The Anime need a villain who plan has something to do with the Pokemon League !!!
Or Their need the Authority Or Influence of a Champion for their plan.
And its not mature for Pokemon if Everyone see it from ''Original series View'' Or ''Game View'' !!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
As for ever-lasting friendship , Shounen Anime has better friendship & bond then exploring Anime like ''Dragon Tail'' has.

Just what. Do you mean Dragon Tales (which isn't even an anime) or Fairy Tail (the only options that come up when I google search). If you mean the first one, it took me all of five seconds to see it's a ridiculous comparison, the second is very mature (cleavage, blood, violence, swearing). So...

If I say I want Angry Serena to hit Ash with a Rubber Hammer and send him flying then I'm sure everyone will say ''Its too Mature'' But I saw Misty to do that type of thing and that what made Kento series hilarious .

Right, for starters that is no where near mature and not really funny either. Secondly... this kind of slapstick humour is really prevalent in pokemon? I'm not sure you're even watching the right program at this stage.

Your opinions seem to have absolutely no ground other than a passion/hatred for the Black and White Anime.

kantokantokantokanto

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Now , The Question-

Should Ash have Mega charizard X Or Mega Charizard Y ?? Or May be Both .

May be , Ash could have a rival in XY series who has a Mega Charizard X .

Just what. Do you mean Dragon Tales (which isn't even an anime) or Fairy Tail (the only options that come up when I google search). If you mean the first one, it took me all of five seconds to see it's a ridiculous comparison, the second is very mature (cleavage, blood, violence, swearing). So...
kantokantokantokanto

Off course , I meant ''Dragon Tales'' !
Ya , Pokemon may be a Kids Anime But I don't believe this Anime should be treated like Cartoon such as ''Dragon tales'' Or ''Dora the explore'' !!!
I know , Pokemon is in Kudomo genre But The question is , Which Category ???
As far as I search , Kids Anime Or Kudomo Anime's are divide in 4 category and Pokemon fall to the Forth Category which near to Shouene/Shoujo .
In other word , Pokemon is in same category as ''Digimon'' , ''Shugo Chara'' , ''Beyblade'' , ''Scan-to-go'' and ''Yu-gi-oh''.
And Those Anime has some Mature point too .
Actually Original Series also had a lot of Maturity .
Ya , Current Series are trying to be less mature then Original Series Or all those other Anime I mention But does it doing any good Because Pokemon Popularity fallen with every series .
Which is expected since Pokemon trying to be more like ''Doraemon'' which is first category Kids Anime.
Pokemon is in Forth category Kids Anime So Pokemon XY Series should be treated like that.

Right, for starters that is no where near mature and not really funny either. Secondly... this kind of slapstick humour is really prevalent in pokemon? I'm not sure you're even watching the right program at this stage.

Your opinions seem to have absolutely no ground other than a passion/hatred for the Black and White Anime.
It was prevented ever since Misty left !
Plus Ash & Co make stupid funny face's Or Ash Dancing isn't funny ether .
Its all depend on Right script with Right Reaction with Right Timing in order to create hilarious Moment .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back