• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Choose You! -The Starter Pokemon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

The Starter Pokemon Fan Club

tumblr_mgjoaybQDs1s2xiwio1_500.png

Club Description-

This is the club for all of you Pokemon fans who adore your starter Pokemon. These are the Pokemon that are with you from the very beginning. They help you throughout your entire journey as a Pokemon trainer by helping you defeat many trainers, gym leaders, and even taking down the villainous teams of the games. Starter Pokemon are certainly special and this club will be all about them!

Starter Pokemon-

001.png
004.png
007.png
025.png
152.png
155.png
158.png
252.png
255.png
258.png
387.png
390.png
393.png
495.png
498.png
501.png
chespin_sprite_by_nasukeuchimaki-d5r51gg.gif
fennekin_sprite_by_kyle_dove-d5qv6zq.png
froakie_sprite_by_dancesofshadows-d5r21pb.png

Sign-up Form-

• Username(nickname):
  • Partner(choose a starter from the list):
  • Answer to current topic:

Members List-

• jellicentfan1(Jelli)
    Ani255MS.png
  • Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
    Ani394MS.png
  • 10sheepsaver
    Ani007MS.png

• Daughter of Dawn(Vanessa) (Fennekin)
    Ani393MS.png
  • Hikari10(Hikari)
    Ani501MS.png

• Narnia (Chespin)
  • Cirno
    Ani152MS.png
  • Gir500
    Ani025MS.png
  • Slaying Moon
    Ani255MS.png
  • AlexOzzyCake
    Ani387MS.png
    (Twiggy)
  • Wind Heart
    Ani390MS.png
  • chuckleslucifer
    Ani004MS.png
  • Perdition Haze
    Ani007MS.png
  • Black Dynamite
    Ani252MS.png
  • xVaporeon(Lauren)
    Ani007MS.png
  • GryphusHUN
    Ani007MS.png
  • Headphonix
    Ani495MS.png
  • Isoto
    Ani004MS.png
  • KagamiChan
    Ani152MS.png

Achievements-

• Make 5 posts-You may choose to evolve your starter.
  • Make 10 posts-You may choose a 2nd starter as a partner.
  • Make 15 posts-You may evolve your starter again.
  • Make 20 posts-You may choose evolve your 2nd partner.

Current Topic-

• For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with it's mega evolution?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
OKAY THEN count me in.

Username: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Partner: Piplup (I love many of the starters to bits, especially Charmander, but why not mix it up?)
Answer to current topic: In some ways, it's gen I. They look best, simply put. Charmander and Charmeleon, Squirtle and Wartortle, Bulbasaur and Ivysaur. Their final evolutions are also okay. But in other ways, gen IV. Infernape and Empoleon are really cool in my eyes, even though I don't have much love for Torterra :3 But as a trio, I think they are great. Gen II also deserves a mention, mostly for nostalgia's sake - I really adored this starter trio in the anime and in the games. Especially Chikorita and the whole Cyndaquil line. But yeah, I guess my vote goes to gen I still. Today. I might have changed my mind tomorrow xD

Years
  • Age 62
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Usrename: 10sheepsaver
Partner: Squirtle
Current topic anwser: Gen 3 it was my first pokemon game

Sirfetch’d

Welcome to the club guys! Both of you have been added and I hope you have fun :]

OKAY THEN count me in.

Username: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Partner: Piplup (I love many of the starters to bits, especially Charmander, but why not mix it up?)
Answer to current topic: In some ways, it's gen I. They look best, simply put. Charmander and Charmeleon, Squirtle and Wartortle, Bulbasaur and Ivysaur. Their final evolutions are also okay. But in other ways, gen IV. Infernape and Empoleon are really cool in my eyes, even though I don't have much love for Torterra :3 But as a trio, I think they are great. Gen II also deserves a mention, mostly for nostalgia's sake - I really adored this starter trio in the anime and in the games. Especially Chikorita and the whole Cyndaquil line. But yeah, I guess my vote goes to gen I still. Today. I might have changed my mind tomorrow xD

Haha, it is certainly hard deciding on a favorite generation of starters because they are all so amazing in their own way. I like how you decided to go with the originals though because I feel they are all wonderful and as Pokemon fans the originals will always hold that special little spot in our heart. I also agree with you about gen IV. As a trio they are astounding even though Torterra is a bit of a letdown, but the others are simply wonderful.

I am a huge fan of the partner that you chose! Piplup is adroable and the perfect choice for you =]

Usrename: 10sheepsaver
Partner: Squirtle
Current topic anwser: Gen 3 it was my first pokemon game

I love the partner that you chose because Squirtle is very special to me. He was my very first Pokemon that I chose when I stepped into the world of Pokemon. That was many years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

I agree with you about gen III having the best starters. I love all 3 of them and there isn't a flaw to be found. Torchic is my favorite starter Pokemon of all time and the other 2 are right up there with him. Out of curiosity though, which of the 3 is your favorite?

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
Years
Username(nickname):Daughter of Dawn. Call me Lily Oak or Just Lily Please and thank you.
Partner(choose a starter from the list):Well I should choose piplup because of my mother Dawn or Squirtle because of my Father Gary but I am Going to choose Fennekin.
Answer to current topic:I think that Gen VI is my favourite gen starters. Due to Fennekin being Fire/Psychic it is an unusual typing in the pokemon world. I hope one day they make a starter thats Fire/Grass but that would probably never happen. And I also like the gen II simple because that was the only time I got all three starters and leveled them up to a level 100.

Years
Username (nickname): Hikari10 (Hikari)
Partner (choose a starter from the list): Oshawott! You know me right eh?
Answer to current topic: My fave sets of starters is a tie between 4th, 5th and 6th Gen. I fell in love with all their designs and I think all their base forms are so cute, especially Oshawott from 5th Gen but I'm biased because he's my fave. 4th Gen's all gained dual-typing by their final stages meaning new moves they wouldn't have learned otherwise and 6th Gen's all look adorable and I'm hoping they get awesome evolution designs too.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Narnia
Partner: Chespin

What is your favorite generation of starters and why?

Generation 1 has one of the best sets of starters. This is probably because they weren't held back by uncreativeness and any idea could be used. The whole reptile theme could be argued as uncreative but their designs are just overall the definition of badassery. They just seem to be better design-wise as I like them better than the later designs. I'm not saying the rest are bad though. The starters of Gen I had more spunk than the rest and I generally think they gave the others a run for their money. I also like Gen 4's although I think the second stage evolutions are absolutely horrible. No offence to any lovers of them but I'm just not overly impressed with them. Gen 3 and Gen 2 have fantastic starters, while Gen 5 is pretty cool. Even Pignite seemed like an okay Pokemon, at least in my opinion. The newest starters are some of my favourites so far, hence my partner being Chespin. That thing is incredibly adorable since I stopped liking Fennekin as much. (although its still amazing)

Overall though all of the generation of starters has ups and downs. No starters are what I'd consider absolutely perfect Pokemon but I love them nonetheless. They begin your Pokemon journey and without them, you could of never gotten anywhere. <3

Sirfetch’d

Username(nickname):Daughter of Dawn. Call me Lily Oak or Just Lily Please and thank you.
Partner(choose a starter from the list):Well I should choose piplup because of my mother Dawn or Squirtle because of my Father Gary but I am Going to choose Fennekin.
Answer to current topic:I think that Gen VI is my favourite gen starters. Due to Fennekin being Fire/Psychic it is an unusual typing in the pokemon world. I hope one day they make a starter thats Fire/Grass but that would probably never happen. And I also like the gen II simple because that was the only time I got all three starters and leveled them up to a level 100.

Fennekin is an excellent choice of a partner! Are you excited to you him in X&Y? I know that he is really a fan favorite and for good reason. While personally I prefer Chespin, Fennekin is absolutely adorable and a really well designed Pokemon.

Username (nickname): Hikari10 (Hikari)
Partner (choose a starter from the list): Oshawott! You know me right eh?
Answer to current topic: My fave sets of starters is a tie between 4th, 5th and 6th Gen. I fell in love with all their designs and I think all their base forms are so cute, especially Oshawott from 5th Gen but I'm biased because he's my fave. 4th Gen's all gained dual-typing by their final stages meaning new moves they wouldn't have learned otherwise and 6th Gen's all look adorable and I'm hoping they get awesome evolution designs too.

I knew you would pick Oshawott as a partner! He really is an adorable Pokemon that I adore. I also agree with you that gen 4 is pretty cool for having all of the starters gain secondary typings upon their evolution. Since you are looking forward to seeing the 6th gen evolutions, what secondary types do you hope the 6th gen starters will obtain?

Username: Narnia
Partner: Chespin

What is your favorite generation of starters and why?

Generation 1 has one of the best sets of starters. This is probably because they weren't held back by uncreativeness and any idea could be used. The whole reptile theme could be argued as uncreative but their designs are just overall the definition of badassery. They just seem to be better design-wise as I like them better than the later designs. I'm not saying the rest are bad though. The starters of Gen I had more spunk than the rest and I generally think they gave the others a run for their money. I also like Gen 4's although I think the second stage evolutions are absolutely horrible. No offence to any lovers of them but I'm just not overly impressed with them. Gen 3 and Gen 2 have fantastic starters, while Gen 5 is pretty cool. Even Pignite seemed like an okay Pokemon, at least in my opinion. The newest starters are some of my favourites so far, hence my partner being Chespin. That thing is incredibly adorable since I stopped liking Fennekin as much. (although its still amazing)

Overall though all of the generation of starters has ups and downs. No starters are what I'd consider absolutely perfect Pokemon but I love them nonetheless. They begin your Pokemon journey and without them, you could of never gotten anywhere. <3

I am so happy so see someone pick Chespin <3 He is my favorite of the new starters and will make a perfect partner for you!

I agree that gen 1 has some amazing starters as I have stated before. The designs were simplistic, yet wonderful. They will always be some of the most amazing Pokemon of all time.

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
Years
Jelli may I submit a new topic? Well if so Here is a topic that I think would be great.

The topic I was talking about: What gen do you think has left the biggest impression on you?(gen 6 excluded because no one has played with them yet)

Sirfetch’d

Jelli may I submit a new topic? Well if so Here is a topic that I think would be great.

The topic I was talking about: What gen do you think has left the biggest impression on you?(gen 6 excluded because no one has played with them yet)

I am fine with members starting new topics but, this is a starter Pokemon club so the topic needs to be about starter Pokemon. I'll help you out with a new topic.

What is your favorite fully evolved starter and why?

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
Years
What is your favorite fully evolved starter and why? Hmmm It is a Tie between Typhlosion and Bayleef(For now). Typhlosion looks really cool and he was the very first starter that I have ever leveled up to 100. He has helped me so many times that I couldn't do with any other pokes including legendaries. Meganium because it has a really cool design and I really like the flower around it's neck.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I am a huge fan of the partner that you chose! Piplup is adroable and the perfect choice for you =]
Haha, I'm glad you think so ^^

I agree with you about gen III having the best starters. I love all 3 of them and there isn't a flaw to be found. Torchic is my favorite starter Pokemon of all time and the other 2 are right up there with him.
I'm one of the people who think the gen III starters are the least awesome :x Mostly because I think the trio looks so odd compared to the wonderful dynamics of the gen I and gen II starter trios. But standalone, they are okay :3

It's probably Blaziken. I tend to favor fire starters, and I most often used Blaziken in my Ruby game - I really liked the fire/fighting typing the first two times, Emboar is amazingly cool as well but it's gotten boring with that typing now :p

And now with Mega Blaziken being the most awesome thing ever... Yeah. I'll choose Torchic for my second partner, just so you know ;)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

Empoleon! If you haven't seen my story already, I'll explain it briefly. My first real starter that I got through a game with was Empoleon. It was my most valuable team member and has helped me so much through my first Pokemon journey. I loved it and even though it was only a cluster of pixels, I still felt attached to it. I sigh to myself when I think how my idiotic self deleted that save file. Sure the movesets/nicknames/Pokemon weren't particularly great but I had chosen to leave one of my most prized possessions behind. I might try and recreate iCanFly one day but for now it'll just be some sad pixels lost in its own little world.

Empoleon is basically my favourite starter for nostalgia reasons. Plus it has that arrogant and defiant look while still retaining its badassery. Penguins are also one of my favourite animals. My second favourite would probably have to be Venusaur. I like it for no particular reason, I think its design is really neat though. :p

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Wow, that's some nickname ;D Poor Empoleon will likely never fly.

I like Empoleon and Blaziken (and their prevos) as a duo because they are bird pokémon. And their typings make them pretty nice fighters. Blaziken with its kicks and Empoleon with its slashes. I'd easily want to use them both in a RP ^^

Venusaur is nice too, for its moves mostly. I guess I was never much of a fan for four-legged, bulky starters. Sort of why I'm iffy about Samurott too, even though I like Oshawott and especially Dewott.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Eight-year olds name their Empoleon funny things. I also had a Staraptor called Dinner but I'd rather not talk about that. ):

Dewott has always been one of my favourite second evolution starters but then Samurott came along and I didn't like it as much. A water unicorn from this ninja otter? I don't exactly get the evolution but it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. Blaziken is just undoubtedly overpowered. It rips through everything that doesn't resist it, it shows no mercy and just look at that badassery behind it. Although I still remember also naming it KFC. My nicknames back then were certainly interesting... either way I also forgot to mention Meganium. It's just so adorable and can do all sorts of powdery stuff! The definition of sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. :]

Sirfetch’d

Eight-year olds name their Empoleon funny things. I also had a Staraptor called Dinner but I'd rather not talk about that. ):

Dewott has always been one of my favourite second evolution starters but then Samurott came along and I didn't like it as much. A water unicorn from this ninja otter? I don't exactly get the evolution but it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. Blaziken is just undoubtedly overpowered. It rips through everything that doesn't resist it, it shows no mercy and just look at that badassery behind it. Although I still remember also naming it KFC. My nicknames back then were certainly interesting... either way I also forgot to mention Meganium. It's just so adorable and can do all sorts of powdery stuff! The definition of sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. :]

I love seeing more Meganium fans because I feel it is such an underrated starter. Most people write it off as their least favorite because of it's poor offenses and shallow movepool, but don't see that it is actually a great Pokemon. It can be a wonderful support Pokemon with access to moves such as dual screens and leech seed. Not to mention that Meganium's design is one of the best of all time. It is simple a beautiful Pokemon that deserves more love, imo.

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
Years
Hey Jelly I got a Question? Could you change my club nickname to Vanessa? Sorry but I want it to match my new Usertitle. There is somebody already named Lilly oak.

And Here is a topic that I want to suggest:

What do the X and Y starters have to live up to? (design, expectations, etc)

Sirfetch’d

Sure, Dawn. I updated the OP with your new name and you may use that as a topic if you like.\

As for my opinion on it, I just want them to be better then the previous generation. I loved Serperior in terms of designs, but the other starter evolutions were a bit of a letdown, imo. I want them to have great dual typings such as Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground for Chespin who I will be choosing. I'd also like them to have some pretty unique looking designs. I really haven't been a fan of the starter's evolution designs since RSE outside of Serperior and I hope that this changes this gen.

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
Years
Well I think that they would have to have pretty good animations and a very High expectation for the design since they star in a 3-D pokemon game. And They should live up to the previous startes being pretty cool. I hope they are better then the 5th gen starters.(BTW I like Snivy but thats it).

Years

Samurott baby! You should all know my heavy affiliation with the Oshawott line by now and the samurai theme with the evolution line is what made me choose it as my starter in almost every single 5th Gen playthrough I did. In fact, I think the Water-types definitely won it out for me as far as final evos' designs go.

Same reasons as Paige there, I'm hoping they not only look awesome, but also have the stats to be considered threatening. 5th Gen did have interesting designs but the stats didn't live up to expectations hence they were blessed with suck. I'm hoping the Kalos bunch get strong stats like those in Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh since theirs had impressive stats. Also hoping they do a repeat of Sinnoh and give all of them dual-types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back