• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
I mean the tiles glich...
Use the puzzle peicce to edit whereabouts you want the door to go on for example grass black walls ect...

I have a question myself. Can anyone tell me how to edit the grass animation like when your character walks through it? Thanks.
There's a tutorial in the doc and tut section it's either by tehtehtehteh or thethethethe :)

Last edited:

espa_roba11

I'm gay, yay!
Years
How do you edit trainer battle music in FR/E? I'm trying to change it using script ed because PET and A-trainer won't let me change it and it's really beginning to annoy me. What are the trainer battle theme numbers and where do I put them is place of the regular battle theme.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
my question, how do i find the offset for where the item data in a pokemon rom is?
Just do a search for an item in a hex editor. I can't remember exactly how the data is set out though.

What is the best Image Editor? (I am talking like Tile Molester, or TLP, and others...)
What does PC recommend I use?
And can I get some links? ^_^ I would appreciate it, thanks!
They all do an equally good job IMO, I use Tile Molestor though. Use google to find it.

Hi! I have a problem...
Look:
Problem.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this DOOR problem...?
Ignore the border...
You can't use the last 8 8x8 blocks in a tileset. The above is what happens if you do. You need to move those tiles elsewhere in the tileset.

dragonsflametitlescreenfs3.png

can anyone help me in changing the palette of the "dragon's bane"
You won't be able to change it without changing the colours of the big Pokemon logo. You need to remake it and use an unused palette for the Dragon's Bane text.

How do you edit trainer battle music in FR/E? I'm trying to change it using script ed because PET and A-trainer won't let me change it and it's really beginning to annoy me. What are the trainer battle theme numbers and where do I put them is place of the regular battle theme.
You're supposed to do it with A-Trainer, I think only certain values work, I've never tried it myself before. Find a trainer that has the music you want then use that value.

espa_roba11

I'm gay, yay!
Years
You're supposed to do it with A-Trainer, I think only certain values work, I've never tried it myself before. Find a trainer that has the music you want then use that value.

Ahh, I'll try it then. get back to ya with the results, if any.

Edit: Everytime I try and change the battle theme, it only changes the music that plays when I encounter trainers, not the music itself.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
Okay. I need to know a few things.

First off, when I use this script:

#dynamic 0xx80000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
givepokemon 0x4 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @1 boxset 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @2 boxset 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @3 boxset 0x6
hidesprite lastalked
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @1
= \c\h01\h02You received a Charmander!

#org @2
= \c\h01\h02Would you like to give a\nnickname to Charmander?

#org @3
= Good luck.

It hides the pokeball that you get charmander from, but after I move, it comes back. How can I fix that?

Second, how do I make a box appear over someone's head that looks like "[ ! ]" or whatever. That, and how they jump?

Lastly, I've seen people that are able to pan the camera. How is that done?

Sorry for all the questions, I've been searching all over, but I can't find any tutorials on any of that.

Last edited:

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Okay. I need to know a few things.

It hides the pokeball that you get charmander from, but after I move, it comes back. How can I fix that?

Second, how do I make a box appear over someone's head that looks like "[ ! ]" or whatever. That, and how they jump?

Lastly, I've seen people that are able to pan the camera. How is that done?

Sorry for all the questions, I've been searching all over, but I can't find any tutorials on any of that.

To make the Pokéball hidden forever, use this command:
#raw 0x53 0x0(PERSON EVENT NO) 0x00
Then, use a "setflag" and change the people ID to whatever flag you used.

To make a [!] appear, use a movement script, and set the raw to 0x56 like this:
-------------------------------------------------

--script---
applymovement 0x(X) $alert ((X) = PERSON NUMBER)
pausemove 0
---further script-----

#org $alert
#raw 0x56
#raw 0xFE
-------------------------------------------------

To pan the camera, you must hide the player's character, and then let him move.
It can be done in other ways, but this is the easiest.

Now, I have a quick question myself: Where in unLz-GBA can I edit the big "Team Aqua Sign" that appears when you battle an Aqua grunt? (EMERALD please)
Whats the numberm, and can I just normally edit it in unLZ-GBA?

Also, same question, but then for the "Team rocket Sign" that appears in FIRERED, what's the number?

Years
Okay, a problem with AMap/VBA/My ROM.
First, I edit some of my map and add a signpost script. Then I hit save. Afterwards, I opened VBA and opened my ROM, and went into the edited map and nothing was changed. Opened AMap to check if I was just imagining myself aking the changes. I wasn't. They were still there. HELP! (I'm using AMap 1.9.2 and VBA 1.8)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Okay, a problem with AMap/VBA/My ROM.
First, I edit some of my map and add a signpost script. Then I hit save. Afterwards, I opened VBA and opened my ROM, and went into the edited map and nothing was changed. Opened AMap to check if I was just imagining myself aking the changes. I wasn't. They were still there. HELP! (I'm using AMap 1.9.2 and VBA 1.8)
That probably means you saved your game before you made the changes. When you make a save, change your map, and then load that save file, then it will be as if before your changes were made.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Easy question: Where in unLz-GBA can I edit the big "Team Aqua Sign" that appears when you battle an Aqua grunt? (EMERALD please)
Whats the number, and can I just normally edit it in unLZ-GBA?

Also, same question, but then for the "Team rocket Sign" that appears in FIRERED, What's the number?

(By "signs" I mean the lgo you'll see right before a battle with team aqua/team rocket starts. You know, the screen get's all blurry, the battle music starts, and then ya see the logo.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Questions...

I Started my New Rom Hack and I have Inserted Some New Sinnoh Pokemons
Now
Question 1:-

I've Replaced Bidoof With Zigzagoon Is It Possible To Change his name?
if yes how?
Question 2:-
Can I Change The Poochyena ( The One That Chases Prof.Brich) with a [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Growlithe?
Question 3:-
I Saw A Tutorial Of Changing Boot Screen In FR/LG and I Want the Number of Boot screen for unLZ GBA for Poke-Ruby Please?

Sorry if there is any Grammar mistakes i'm arabic
Hope You help me ! :)

Medo0
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
I'll answer two of your questions, Medo0.

1. You can change a Pokémon's name with Poké Edit Pro.
2. Yes, you can change the Poochyena with a Growlithe. You must use OverworldEditorRE to change the overworld to Growlithe sprite, and then edit the script from a Poochyena to a Growlithe.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Question 3:-[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]I Saw A Tutorial Of Changing Boot Screen In FR/LG and I Want the Number of Boot screen for unLZ GBA for Poke-Ruby Please?[/FONT][/SIZE]
Yeah there's one hanging around the documents and tutorials somewhere it might be on page 4 or 5.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Question 1:-
I've Replaced Bidoof With Zigzagoon Is It Possible To Change his name?
if yes how?
Question 2:-
Can I Change The Poochyena ( The One That Chases Prof.Brich) with a [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Growlithe?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Question 3:-[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]I Saw A Tutorial Of Changing Boot Screen In FR/LG and I Want the Number of Boot screen for unLZ GBA for Poke-Ruby Please?[/FONT][/SIZE]

1) Yes, use Name Editor Advance. It's an easy-to-use programm that lets you change the name of the pokémon. Or you can use PEP (pokémon Edit Pro), but make sure you've got the latest version of it.
With PEP you can also change it's base stats and attacks to match zigzagoon.

2) yes, with Overworld Sprite Editor you can change the pooch to anything you'd like.

3) sorry, Don't know that out of my head, but it's easy; just google it and u'll get all numbers for Ruby.
Ruby is one of the most hacked games, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Easy question from me: Where in unLz-GBA can I edit the big "Team Aqua Sign" that appears when you battle an Aqua grunt? (EMERALD please)
Whats the number, and can I just normally edit it in unLZ-GBA?

Also, same question, but then for the "Team rocket Sign" that appears in FIRERED, What's the number?

(By "signs" I mean the lgo you'll see right before a battle with team aqua/team rocket starts. You know, the screen get's all blurry, the battle music starts, and then ya see the logo.)

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
You should just wait for the answer from someone, and you also answered the same questions I did. ._.
But anyway, try this thread for Emerald UnLZ-GBA numbers.

When I started the quote, your answer wasn't there yet, I always look for that :P.
Buz soz if it really bothered you...

Also, what thread you mean?
There is ineed a list of numbers for emerald on this site, but the one I found (it was a re-post) didn't include the nice Team Aqua sign.
I'm also looking for the Team rocket logo you get right before battling 'em, so if anyone got any idea of where to find those...

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
2 Question's and it's a hack of firered

Question 1
in firered when the old man showes you how to catch a Pokemon and he battles a weedle
how do you change the Pokemon from weedle to Mareep
how do you change the Level from 5 to 3
how do you change the name from the old man to May

Question 2
when Red and Bule have a battle in Oak's Lab
and the in battle text comes up
how do you change the text

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
i'm hacking firered
and i used smea to change the start map
is there something i can do to have the player not start smack dab in the middle of the map?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
i'm hacking firered
and i used smea to change the start map
is there something i can do to have the player not start smack dab in the middle of the map?

I'm not 100% sure but I think SMCA/SMEA provides the option of choosing the X and Y coordinates for the tile you want the player to start on. You can use AdvanceMap to find the coordinates if that's easier for you.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2019
Well I have one question whose answer I could not find anywhere. I'm hacking Pokémon Gold a little bit, just changing the wild Pokémon data with Goldmap and sometimes Megamap. But for some maps, there is no wild Pokémon data attached to them, even if they have wild Pokémon data in the real game (e.g. Victory Road). How can I change/add this? I'm no pro at scripting or hex editors, but I'm willing to learn it if that's gonna help.
Thnx for any replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back