• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Results and Judging Round - 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atem

German Starter Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 23, 2022
I think pokemon light platinum should win. The tiles from weasley are the best. :))

Years
I think pokemon light platinum should win. The tiles from weasley are the best. :))

It's done, you know...
And, @that person whose name is a bunch of symbols that don't show up on my mobile, you suck. Frostbite put in genuine effort. Rofl, you are amusing.
Go The Doctor!

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
with respect for frostibite.. (that personally I don't know), I don't believe that Azure Horizons deserve to be the HOTY.

I, have personally been one of the competitors for the HOTY, with my hack pokemon crono, and, also if I have not arrived in final, I've approved very gladly the decision of the public.
But I'm a lot in disagreement with the decisions of the judges...
yes...each has a style that prefers, but it seems me very strange, and also incorrect, that the judges have been All (except Christos, for only one vote >.<) of accord to put Hazure horizons as HOTY.

I believe that the system of vote is wrong.
I believe that the vote is only and exclusively to the public (among which the moderators reenter, also, but as publish).

I don't want to discredit the job of frostbite, but the results of the first round speak...
the public prefers Light Platinum.

Some of the posts seem to be under the presumption that popular = better.
often the 2 things are connected each other.

I still make the compliments to frostibite to have won...
but I don't consider azure horizons as HOTY because it hasn't been chosen from the public...sorry.

Years
Sorry Dante, but I think Frostbite deserved to win. His hack is a good hack, not because the Hoenn starters, but because of the plot. Team Tundra is interesting. I wonder what the admins are like?

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
they all deserved to win, cause they are all great hacks :)

nice job everyone :)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I think Azure Horizons deserved to win. I noticed something, in LOG you get Kanto starters, in LP you get Johto starters, and in AH you get Hoenn starters. I like how I get to start with Torchic in AH, it was my first Pokemon when I played Pokemon Ruby for the first time.
Are you serious, your main reason was ruby starters. You must be in heaven when you enter the scrapbox.

Sorry Dante, but I think Frostbite deserved to win. His hack is a good hack, not because the Hoenn starters, but because of the plot. Team Tundra is interesting. I wonder what the admins are like?
???, you know you just contradicting your early post. If you chang your mind then at leaste deleate your post, you are sending mix signals. Contradicting your self makes you lose your creditability.

I disagree with the above post. Fire Red/Ruby/Emerald tiles are better than edited tiles. The last year's winner had Fire Red tiles mixed with RSE. It was known as Rijon Adventures by Anthony La. I'm making a ROM Hack of Fire Red and I'm using the same tiles of Fire Red. Go Frostbite!

P.s. I like Wesley and DestinedJagold too.
Your lossing more, and more creditablity with every post. Now we know, you can't create nice tiles. You hope that fr tiles are a hit, so your hack would be a hit. (Can we restrain from shot outs, it's off topic.)

LOL.
pwned.
That is all.

Honestly, LP is only good to look at. That's all it is. The basically full graphic overhaul is nice, but it's not anything totally custom and new when it comes down to it, having trendy devamped fourth generation tiles and all. Even if AH did use FireRed default tiles, LP basically is just ripping off HGSS. Sure, he did the devamping and insertion and such, but it's pretty much the same thing--using an existing official game's type-tileset. What I'm saying is, LP doesn't really have anything fresh to offer graphically, just the what's-in/trendy look, and even what's-in/trendy gameplay-wise, so I can completely understand its ratings.
Another contradiction, first you say LP look's good, but then you say his tiles aren't good.(I feel like I am playing phoenix wright ace attorney.)

I'm getting this incredible feeling of déjà vu.
Same here, come on people if a point has already been made, then no need to say it again.

Years
My main reason for thinking Azure Horizons is a great hack and deserved both HotM/ HotY:

Everything, the Hoenn starters, the evil team, the Fire Red/Emerald tiles.
By the way NarutoActor I wasn't contradicting myself I was changing my mind. I didn't remember what my previous posts were.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Well then say that. :P

AND LIKE I SAID, if you just changed your mind then delete your own post.
Did you just personally ignored this point, for your own benefit. Or did you forgot that too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Another contradiction, first you say LP look's good, but then you say his tiles aren't good.(I feel like I am playing phoenix wright ace attorney.)
I definately did not say that. I'm saying that LP looks good, but it offers a trendy graphic style that we've all seen before in other hacks, and it is basically rehashing the official DS games' graphics on GBA, anyways. Either way, don't try to assume things. The grammar and spelling errors in your other opinions around this thread just make them fail more. kthnx. \m/

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2011
What ??
DJG in the 3rd place ?No way !
His hacks are all very exciting,and I found that LOG is the best from all of the hacks that I've played before..
A game doesn't need a good graphics,or else,the most important in a games is the excitement n joys when playing it..
In my heart DJG is the true winner,:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back