• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
... I can't lie, that stung pretty badly.

All I was really asking for was an outer opinion of my abilities, but... wow. Not once was I looking for sympathy or praise, and that hurt quite a bit, because I've had people accuse me of it in the past. Nor was I comparing Literature to Roleplaying. When I write it'll be much different than my Roleplay. Being a 'legend' is just a goal for me. I just feel like I pretty much go unnoticed on this site (besides when I made Kiyoko on PTA, and it seemed like 3 or 4 people were following)...

Obviously I need to work on a lot, from that feedback.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
SUPERVEGETA? MAN THAT GUY SUCKS.

jkjkjkjkjk lol im just kidding.

NO I'M NOT, YOU SUCK MAN.

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but you aren't going to get any better by whining about it. You're only young, you still have a ways to go. We all do. That's the greatest thing about roleplaying, is that you sample other's styles, learn, be inspired by them.

So, long story short, keep doing what you're doing. It's like me and drawing. You get there eventually, and when you do, it's like a magical moment. But you just wanna keep going. So don't try and seek sympathy or praise from others, find your own praise!! We all get there in the end as long as we keep trying, keep going and keep at it. Persistence, man. Ask any of the Veterans here.

YES, HE DOES. BURN THAT MAN DOWN, I SAY.

tbh I agree with you. Respect should be earned, not asked for. :] I've been here for a year, and a lot of uncool people don't recognize me. But seriously, I don't really care. As long as I feel that I'm constantly improving I don't care if I'm not getting praise or rewards. I'll just be repeating everybody else's thoughts if I wrote a long post, so I'll just be leaving at that. xD

I'm pretty sure other old members were in a similar situation when they were new. I doubt everybody found them 'really epic' right from the start, it took them a long time to become a familiar face. So keep trying, don't give up, fame ain't everything, specially on a Forum. :D

Also, I went wtf and lol'd at the New Topic.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
... I can't lie, that stung pretty badly.

All I was really asking for was an outer opinion of my abilities, but... wow. Not once was I looking for sympathy or praise, and that hurt quite a bit, because I've had people accuse me of it in the past. Nor was I comparing Literature to Roleplaying. When I write it'll be much different than my Roleplay. Being a 'legend' is just a goal for me. I just feel like I pretty much go unnoticed on this site (besides when I made Kiyoko on PTA, and it seemed like 3 or 4 people were following)...

Obviously I need to work on a lot, from that feedback.
He wasn't trying to be mean, but one of the best ways to reach someone is to be completely realistic and not mince words, and I think what he said was true, what you said came off as sort of whiny, or in this case "sympathy hunter-ish", and I think the best way to improve is to take what he said, as well as what Yellow said, to heart. You're denying what you said on purpose when really there was a lot hidden in it that maybe you felt on the inside but didn't actually mean to say; it was completely inadvertent but at the same time completely true.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Which roleplayer have you looked up to during the years and have been inspired by? (you would consider as "legends" on PC in the RP section)

When I arrived here about a little over a year ago, this place was crumbling. It was falling apart. Then a RPer named Supervegeta arrived, and seemed to shine a light into the darkness. Supervegeta is hands down the greatest RPer ever to make an appearance in the Roleplay Corner. With a simple keyboard and computer screen, Supervegeta can make characters become celestial, make words turn into magic, and make plots become divine. He is by far the greatest "legend" the RP Corner has ever seen, no that RPing in general has ever seen, and I look up to him.

@WestsideConnection I agree with this statement. Supervegeta's writing is indeed Arceus-like.

@Equinox This statement is also true.

Which roleplay have you really liked in the past and wished it was still active(or that you really admired or still do)?

To this question, I believe anything done by Supervegeta probably merits a consideration. Obviously, anything he had done with the Pokemon Odyssey series is particularly amazing.

Which two RPers would make a good couple? ;3

I believe Supervegeta would make a great couple with any other RPer, but perhaps the best couple would be Supervegeta and Supervegeta.

@Those who are whining Stop whining.

@Those who strive to be better

I realize some of you are looking to become better at RPing or even writing in general, which is why I decided to create a guide that will help you all become "legends" of the RP Corner in due time. The guide is titled, "How to be Like Supervegeta and become a Legend." The guide will detail the simple process of how to develop into a beyond superb RPer and truly become something special, hence a "legend". Know that there is no feasible way for any RPer to be on the same level as Supervegeta, but this guide will help you become as close as possible.

...Do you understand yet or have I not proven my point? Move on, stop acting foolish.

@PkMnTrainer Yellow

Another useful guide. Thanks for the tips! The RPC is glad to have you.

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@Supervegeta:

Remove the 'Super' in your username and you're left with 'weak'.

But seriously your post made me think, what makes a RPer 'epic'? Writing skills? Activity? The way you manage to hold players?

I'll be really honest here, I don't think Supervegeta is really special (No offence). I mean, I've seen a LOT of RPers who are similar to Supervegeta but have never received that amount of fame and crazy fan followings, really. Of course, I'm nowhere as good as him, but I still feel if we all work a bit harder we can reach his level.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
He wasn't trying to be mean, but one of the best ways to reach someone is to be completely realistic and not mince words, and I think what he said was true, what you said came off as sort of whiny, or in this case "sympathy hunter-ish", and I think the best way to improve is to take what he said, as well as what Yellow said, to heart. You're denying what you said on purpose when really there was a lot hidden in it that maybe you felt on the inside but didn't actually mean to say; it was completely inadvertent but at the same time completely true.

More insulting, whether you meant it or not. You're now telling me, basically, that I don't know what I'm talking about and that what I said previously was a lie. I know what I'm talking about and I'm likely more in-tune with my own psychology than maybe anyone on here (such a bold statement, I could easily be wrong). I actually will talk over myself, and analyze my own emotions, as strange as that may seem. So no, I made no attempt toward sympathy, nor did I look for any praise. It's actually very insulting to me to hear things along those lines, as well as tell me that I don't know how to decipher my own feelings. Who knows me better than myself? Maybe my mate, but that's beside the point.

Listen, I even said this before: that post was induced by one of my ever-infamous depression attacks, which was most likely caused by a rather eventful day that preceded.

Once more, this just shows an example of self-analysis. It would be interesting to know if anyone else does this, or perhaps I'm just insane.

I have listened to everyone's input (including those that i found rude and/or insulting) and after more self-analysis, came to a conclusion.

I haven't been putting my 100% into my posts. I've decided I will, starting at my 'movie-quality' post on Earth & Sky, which I said I'd post here. From then on, I'll put all of my effort into my posts, in every RP I join or am already in. I've been posting as soon as possible, which didn't give me much time to think. Instead, I'll actually start thinking more into it. Less frequent posting, though it should improve the quality.

EDIT: I had to add... Supervegeta's overly-vein (on purpose) post made me grin. That's humor to me.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Supervegeta:

Remove the 'Super' in your username and you're left with 'weak'.

But seriously your post made me think, what makes a RPer 'epic'? Writing skills? Activity? The way you manage to hold players?

I'll be really honest here, I don't think Supervegeta is really special (No offence). I mean, I've seen a LOT of RPers who are similar to Supervegeta but have never received that amount of fame and crazy fan followings, really. Of course, I'm nowhere as good as him, but I still feel if we all work a bit harder we can reach his level.
Nah, Vegeta's a boss, he's not weak by any means, though "Super Vegeta" is a little dated.

Of course, I'm referring to DBZ, I don't know much about the RPer.

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I am very confused right now, so I'm just going to answer the Oblivion RP questions. n_n

Q1 - Just Cyrodiil, probably because I haven't played Morrowind or Skyrim (yet).
Q2 - The first one, everyone having different motives but being in a group of sorts.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
More insulting, whether you meant it or not. You're now telling me, basically, that I don't know what I'm talking about and that what I said previously was a lie. I know what I'm talking about and I'm likely more in-tune with my own psychology than maybe anyone on here (such a bold statement, I could easily be wrong). I actually will talk over myself, and analyze my own emotions, as strange as that may seem. So no, I made no attempt toward sympathy, nor did I look for any praise. It's actually very insulting to me to hear things along those lines, as well as tell me that I don't know how to decipher my own feelings. Who knows me better than myself? Maybe my mate, but that's beside the point.
I didn't say nor did I imply that. I simply said that you said what you meant and that you're actually conveying your true feelings, or at least your posts come off that way.
Maybe if I stick to one site... Aw, who am I kidding. My RPing isn't good, let alone enough for anyone to make a point of. What do I even have going for me, really?
Read that out loud, it sounds more like a sympathy cry than anything else, especially the last part. I never said you were lying, you were probably telling the truth, but it's the way you talk that certainly makes it seem that way. Maybe you really were making a statement that you meant, but it's rare that a phrase that uses those specific phrases and charged (or in this case, emotionally charged) language and have it just be an ordinary statement not trying to garner an overly positive, negative, or sympathetic reaction from others. No insult was meant, I was just making an observation, which apparently may not have been right. If that's not what you meant, on purpose or otherwise, then I apologize.

But I will say this, I don't know how well I RP and I'm pretty new to it myself, but I do think my story writing skills are at least sub-par; heck, chances are you're better than I am. My recommendation for you (Zerin the novelist, not just Zerin the RPer) is to vary the types of media you delve into more, read slower, and take notes. The way I've found to immerse myself into games and movies more is to study them, and pick the heck out of them. I'd advise studying foreshadowing techniques and undertones, something that's mostly unappreciated by the average viewer but without them knowing it makes for an overall more enjoyable experience. Next, descriptive language; generally, if you're good at creating immersive descriptions then people who read your works will perceive you as a better writer/RPer than you actually are (not to say it doesn't make you better), it's a great way to slowly increase your skills in other areas as well, such as general speech.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@DeepImpact: I disagree. I believe someone should have to do something to earn /disrespect/, and that respect for your fellow man (or lady~) should be the default. You wouldn't want to /assume/ someone wasn't worthy of respect right? I hope by putting it that way you see what I mean.

@Super Vegeta: ...I didn't recognize your avatar and didn't realize it was you until after I finished reading the post. lD I was all "LOL who is this dewd-oh wait*

@Zerin: I had a self-esteem related anxiety attack yesterday, so y'know what I did? I finished a new guide, rekindled my muse, and played a violent video game for a while. I feel substantially better now that I've done something about it.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@DeepImpact: I disagree. I believe someone should have to do something to earn /disrespect/, and that respect for your fellow man (or lady~) should be the default. You wouldn't want to /assume/ someone wasn't worthy of respect right? I hope by putting it that way you see what I mean.
Well, I'd say that while one shouldn't initially have disrespect for another, I do believe that one's respect should be earned, or if one should have initial respect for another, it should be very small in amount.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I didn't say nor did I imply that. I simply said that you said what you meant and that you're actually conveying your true feelings, or at least your posts come off that way.

Read that out loud, it sounds more like a sympathy cry than anything else, especially the last part. I never said you were lying, you were probably telling the truth, but it's the way you talk that certainly makes it seem that way. Maybe you really were making a statement that you meant, but it's rare that a phrase that uses those specific phrases and charged (or in this case, emotionally charged) language and have it just be an ordinary statement not trying to garner an overly positive, negative, or sympathetic reaction from others. No insult was meant, I was just making an observation, which apparently may not have been right. If that's not what you meant, on purpose or otherwise, then I apologize.

It sounded pretty much implied (once more) that you're practically telling me I'm displaying emotions that I'm saying i'm not.

All of this just reminds me of a thought I came up with a while back, that there's huge misunderstanding in text-based posts. I'm simply saying that your assumptions of my post were incorrect, though I understand why you might think that.

Once more, yes, it was induced by a depression attack. However, those implications are not accurate.

And Marin, I had no idea you had those same problems. Anxiety Attacks can be rather self-damaging, yes?

Violent games do help quite a bit. I wish my ***hole donkey-crevice ex-stepfather hadn't taken the Xbox. Minecraft, however, is a great alternative.

Guess this gives me an idea for a new topic.

_____

Do you have any personal issues and problems (mental and/or psychological) that have an effect on your personality on PC?

Mine, as mentioned before, would be my Depression. It does occasionally (weekly, maybe bi-weekly) have a powerful impact on me, in what I call a 'depression attack', or as Marin described it, and 'anxiety attack'. These are either triggered by certain events, or can happen at a completely random time. I think the cause for that one was due to a bad moment with a teacher, (one that picks favorites, which I despise for) in which I got in trouble even though I literally did nothing wrong. I feel as if every teacher I've had hated me in some way, and enjoyed my punishment. Maybe I'm just a hate-able person, and maybe it's in my appearance or personality. Does anyone here feel like they hate me for my personality? I won't take offense, because I want brutal honesty.

It might not have much of an impact, but I recently learned that I am Anemic. This means I have a lack of healthy red blood cells, which causes less oxygen to travel through my body. Sometimes, this has actually caused me to black-out randomly, and if I'm standing, collapse onto the ground. However, I'm only out for a second or two, before quickly regaining consciousness. I learned because, for the first time in school, I was standing when it happened. I panicked my advisory teacher and he forced me to the nurse, even though I repeated that I was fine. I actually just had a black-out a few seconds before starting this post, though fortunately I was still sitting down.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
It sounded pretty much implied (once more) that you're practically telling me I'm displaying emotions that I'm saying i'm not.

All of this just reminds me of a thought I came up with a while back, that there's huge misunderstanding in text-based posts. I'm simply saying that your assumptions of my post were incorrect, though I understand why you might think that.

Once more, yes, it was induced by a depression attack. However, those implications are not accurate.
Well either way I do sympathize with you. I, too, had depression once, and I know how it feels, especially since no one actually knew about it (I hid it, not wanting to involve anyone else), so even if it wasn't a cry for help, I'll try to help if I can, though I don't exactly know how much I can do for you, I'll at least try.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Do you have any personal issues and problems (mental and/or psychological) that have an effect on your personality on PC?
Nope. Nothing that is even the LEAST relevant for discussion in this thread at least :D So let's ditch that topic!

So anyways, anyone ever been interested in a MLP:FIM roleplay that had an actual story? My newly re-implanted brony genes are itching to play. And I did create a nice pony to use in such a RP, a while back :3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well either way I do sympathize with you. I, too, had depression once, and I know how it feels, especially since no one actually knew about it (I hid it, not wanting to involve anyone else), so even if it wasn't a cry for help, I'll try to help if I can, though I don't exactly know how much I can do for you, I'll at least try.

Please no sympathy. When I need any help, I get it from my mate. Even then she practically has to force me to let her help... I can take care of myself. So I have that same mentality; I don't like people to know about my problems, as I can take care of them myself.

@RHCP:

How is it not relevant? This can have a huge effect on one's RPing, as well as their OOC interactions. Sometimes, it can have an effect on character development. Help me understand why it isn't relevant, because I don't quite understand...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Please no sympathy. When I need any help, I get it from my mate. Even then she practically has to force me to let her help... I can take care of myself. So I have that same mentality; I don't like people to know about my problems, as I can take care of them myself.
That's actually quite convenient, having someone force their love and aid on you like that; you're a lucky guy.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Which roleplayer have you looked up to during the years and have been inspired by? (you would consider as "legends" on PC in the RP section)

When I arrived here about a little over a year ago, this place was crumbling. It was falling apart. Then a RPer named Supervegeta arrived, and seemed to shine a light into the darkness. Supervegeta is hands down the greatest RPer ever to make an appearance in the Roleplay Corner. With a simple keyboard and computer screen, Supervegeta can make characters become celestial, make words turn into magic, and make plots become divine. He is by far the greatest "legend" the RP Corner has ever seen, no that RPing in general has ever seen, and I look up to him.

@WestsideConnection I agree with this statement. Supervegeta's writing is indeed Arceus-like.

@Equinox This statement is also true.

Which roleplay have you really liked in the past and wished it was still active(or that you really admired or still do)?

To this question, I believe anything done by Supervegeta probably merits a consideration. Obviously, anything he had done with the Pokemon Odyssey series is particularly amazing.

Which two RPers would make a good couple? ;3

I believe Supervegeta would make a great couple with any other RPer, but perhaps the best couple would be Supervegeta and Supervegeta.

@Those who are whining Stop whining.

@Those who strive to be better

I realize some of you are looking to become better at RPing or even writing in general, which is why I decided to create a guide that will help you all become "legends" of the RP Corner in due time. The guide is titled, "How to be Like Supervegeta and become a Legend." The guide will detail the simple process of how to develop into a beyond superb RPer and truly become something special, hence a "legend". Know that there is no feasible way for any RPer to be on the same level as Supervegeta, but this guide will help you become as close as possible.

...Do you understand yet or have I not proven my point? Move on, stop acting foolish.

@PkMnTrainer Yellow

Another useful guide. Thanks for the tips! The RPC is glad to have you.

One question... who is this 'Supervegeta' you are talking about? Never heard of the guy. In fact, you could say I have heard so little about him that he, in fact, does not exist in time or space. Yes, this 'Supervegeta' had not, does not, and will not exist and by talking about him you are wasting everyone's time. In fact, I move a notion for the term 'Supervegeta' to be banned from being spoken in these foru-no, in the entire internet, since it will waste everyone's precious time.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years

That made me lol XD he's too Super!

...which means that the key to being successful lies in the account name.... XD lol jk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back