• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Seriously, somebody make that N Challenge. With the no fighting Wild Pokemon as an optional rule. I would love to do that challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You know what's hilarious? Someone did send in an N challenge (sorta) a few weeks ago. But it was deleted because whoever sent it didn't have their sign up in it. ^-^

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
That is hilarious! XD; People really ought to read the rules a bit more.

There should be a challenge, in which you must have at least 2 of certain Pokemon in your team. These Pokemon should be like Quilava, Smeargle, Furret, Umbreon, Lampent, Petilil etc. :3

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Listing some of Sydian's favourite Pokemon to get praise? and where can I find a list of rules for the Hall of Fame Challenge Syd?
Of course not. It could also be called a "weak, but cute" challenge, where you must use weak Pokemon, which are also cute. Maybe some Pokemon like Togetic, Darumaka, Whismur, Omanyte etc.

As for Hall of Fame challenge, I'm pretty sure the only rules is that you must run through the Elite Four with every single Pokemon, or at least their evolved forms. You wouldn't be able to trade/hack or anything, and you'd have to train them from scratch. Also, it's a good idea to make it so people choose your Pokemon through topics you want, like a Dual-type Pokemon, or a Pokemon found in the Dream Yard etc.

Also, Whismur = Vuvuzela for nickname?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
As for Hall of Fame challenge, I'm pretty sure the only rules is that you must run through the Elite Four with every single Pokemon, or at least their evolved forms. You wouldn't be able to trade/hack or anything, and you'd have to train them from scratch. Also, it's a good idea to make it so people choose your Pokemon through topics you want, like a Dual-type Pokemon, or a Pokemon found in the Dream Yard etc.

Also, Whismur = Vuvuzela for nickname?

That is a great name for Whismur.

Okay so I posted a blog about the Hall of Fame Challenge which can be found:
HERE~!
Please post on there for my team~!

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Seriously, somebody make that N Challenge. With the no fighting Wild Pokemon as an optional rule. I would love to do that challenge.

I'll make it, cuz i also want this. Checking the rules again, just in case one has slipped my mind.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

lmao no. Trading is totally allowed. ~_~ You can check other rules in my blog. I didn't think other people would pick up on it tbh. But I mean, for those that might be doing it, feel free to customize the rules. I just see no point in raising a new Tyranitar when I have one on Platinum that I poured a ton of work into raising. I want her to be the one I take to the Hall of Fame, not some new T-tar. That's just me though. And yeah, it is evolved forms, unless you want to include all or certain pre-evolutions, like how I included Petilil just because...well, it's Petilil. Why WOULDN'T I include it?

/me tips hat and wanders away to train Magmar and Slowbro

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Here is a new idea of mine!

The Route Challenge

Basically, you can have in your team all the Pokèmon that can be catched in a Route, up to 6 members. For example, if you choose Unova's Route 1, you can have from one to six members between Patrat, Lillipup, Audino, Scraggy, and Basculin (and their evolutive forms).
Obviously, you can't hack, or breed, and you can trade only for evolution purposes.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That'd be hard for if you wanted to get Pokemon from later routes. :o Then you'd have to trade.

Also, I'm so dumb. I clicked on this section and was like "when did I lock those two threads at the to-- oh..." v_v

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
That'd be hard for if you wanted to get Pokemon from later routes. :o Then you'd have to trade.

Also, I'm so dumb. I clicked on this section and was like "when did I lock those two threads at the to-- oh..." v_v

Oh, right! So, we could allow to hack/trade all the Pokèmon findable in the Unova region, how about it?
They are about 350, if I don't go wrong.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
When I meant no trading for your sexy challenge, Sydian, I meant like, you wouldn't be allowed to trade over a full team, complete and everything for it. That would defeat the purpose of training Pokemon for the Elite Four. You wouldn't trade say, A level 80 Hydreigon and Landorus for you to use for the challenge. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When I meant no trading for your sexy challenge, Sydian, I meant like, you wouldn't be allowed to trade over a full team, complete and everything for it. That would defeat the purpose of training Pokemon for the Elite Four. You wouldn't trade say, A level 80 Hydreigon and Landorus for you to use for the challenge. :P

Umm, I'm trading a level 83 Tyranitar and Garchomp, when it comes time to use them. I'm not raising another one of those when I've put in a bunch of work on those two already. You shouldn't be barred for using something so overlevel when you did work hard to train it at one point.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Stop doubleposting -__- I don't mean you can't trade if you've trained it yourself, but don't trade over Pokemon you didn't even train, or that you just got from someone because you're too lazy to train that Pokemon yourself. That would defeat the purpose of the Hall of Fame challenge, to get lots of Pokemon which other people have trained for just a small thing.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I'll make it, cuz i also want this. Checking the rules again, just in case one has slipped my mind.
No need, I just did. Now just waiting for Sydian's approval.

I'll do the Hall of Fame Challenge when I'm done EVing my other pokes :V

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Maybe either Black or HeartGold, though I think I'm leaning more to Black because I got more stuff completed and it's a new gen and all :V

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
No need, I just did. Now just waiting for Sydian's approval.

I'll do the Hall of Fame Challenge when I'm done EVing my other pokes :V

Seems we both have it for approval at the same time, i had already made it several hours before that post... Sydian, what is the solution for this kind of problem?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Haha, I was just about to mention that. :P I read them both, but approved jespoke's since I thought it explained it better. There was nothing wrong with either challenges though, don't get me wrong. XD I just gotta do what I can. -hides from the watermelon seeds you might pelt at me-

Alternative said:
I don't mean you can't trade if you've trained it yourself, but don't trade over Pokemon you didn't even train, or that you just got from someone because you're too lazy to train that Pokemon yourself. That would defeat the purpose of the Hall of Fame challenge, to get lots of Pokemon which other people have trained for just a small thing.

Mmhmm, well you didn't specify that beforehand. No offense, but I'm pretty sure I would know a challenge I made better than someone else unless they were also participating and have been for a while. I'm just saying. /territorial bear mode

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2011
So here's something I was pondering (and wanted to do). A Glitch Pokemon-only challenge. Kind of like monotype, but the thread for that says no hacking or cheating so :p

(also apologies for any noobishness I have comitted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back