• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
I'm just wondering, does anyone know how to PokeCry Edit?
I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure it out.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
Ummm, I'm having a problem with PET and other elitemap apps (Except unLZ, oddly enough).
When I try to open PET, it says for me to decompile from RS Ball. When I go to RS Ball, it says "No ROM Files found." I tried to open PokePic, because I thought that was the problem, so I opened my ROM, and nothing happened. HELP!
Also, is there a problem that lets you edit the intro text (i.e. the button explanation, little intro thing with the Pikachu at the top of the box, and Prof. Oak), or is that all script (i.e. edit in XSE or whatever)?

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Somewhere on the site, is the link to PET, without Elitemap.
Try that one.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
Does anyone know where the Back Sprite for the Hero and his animations are located in unlz.gba? I've figured out how to edit them but I want to edit his sprite and his animations for my own characters backsprite and animation.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Does anyone know where the Back Sprite for the Hero and his animations are located in unlz.gba? I've figured out how to edit them but I want to edit his sprite and his animations for my own characters backsprite and animation.

I believe there are a handful of tutorials dedicated to exactly that located in the Documents and Tutorials section.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi I need help with opening cyclone everytime I try to open it it says COMDLG32.OCX is not in the folder or some files are missing. Please help me with this error

search for the missing file in Google...

I have a question. You know how you can add new items to a hack? Well, I wanted to add a new evolution stone into Firered, without deleting old ones. How would I set the pokemon to evolve by said stone?

try using thethethethe's item editor.

I'm just wondering, does anyone know how to PokeCry Edit?
I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure it out.

it's too difficult to use plus I never understood what I did, plus if you changed a cry successfully, the next two PKMN's cries will crash.

try asking the creator of PKMN Jupiter Version...

Ummm, I'm having a problem with PET and other elitemap apps (Except unLZ, oddly enough).
When I try to open PET, it says for me to decompile from RS Ball. When I go to RS Ball, it says "No ROM Files found." I tried to open PokePic, because I thought that was the problem, so I opened my ROM, and nothing happened. HELP!

you're using PET for what reason?
if you want to edit the trainer's PKMN, then use HackMew's Advance Trainer tool.

for Ruby or FireRed?
If FireRed, then zel has a tutorial on how to edit the backsprite of the player...
if Ruby, then it's probably around numbers 1150-1400 in Unlz-GBA...

Winterbane

Ice Emperor
Years
AdvanceMap Question

I'm extremely new to this (I run a fan region RP site, and I'm building the region from the ground up as a Firered Hack as a fun project for my members, and of course here once I have something available) and have a (quite possibly) stupid question.

My starting town, I would like to have custom houses (already designed on a fake map on my RP site), Cinnibar Island's Lab building, and Mossdeep City's wide-topped trees. Is this at all possible, and if so, how? I've yet to find any in-depth explanation of how to combine elements from different tilesets in this program, and I've been experimenting via trial and error for five and a half hours. Any and all help is appreciated ^^;

Also - when attempting to export a tileset from Pokemon Emerald, AdvanceMap comes up with the following error: "Export of this palette is not possible; there are multiple entries for the same color in the palette" - What does this mean and how do I bypass it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012

search for the missing file in Google...

try using thethethethe's item editor.

it's too difficult to use plus I never understood what I did, plus if you changed a cry successfully, the next two PKMN's cries will crash.

try asking the creator of PKMN Jupiter Version...

you're using PET for what reason?
if you want to edit the trainer's PKMN, then use HackMew's Advance Trainer tool.

for Ruby or FireRed?
If FireRed, then zel has a tutorial on how to edit the backsprite of the player...
if Ruby, then it's probably around numbers 1150-1400 in Unlz-GBA...
Well its for FireRed but I really just want to know if there is a way to edit it in unlz.gba.

I'm just going to delete the hero and heroine that way you can play from different perspectives. I just don't want the main character to be there. I know how to do it but I just don't know where to find the back sprites for the Hero and Heroine.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
My starting town, I would like to have custom houses (already designed on a fake map on my RP site), Cinnibar Island's Lab building, and Mossdeep City's wide-topped trees. Is this at all possible, and if so, how? I've yet to find any in-depth explanation of how to combine elements from different tilesets in this program, and I've been experimenting via trial and error for five and a half hours. Any and all help is appreciated ^^;

Why not just put all the tiles you want in one tileset?

Also - when attempting to export a tileset from Pokemon Emerald, AdvanceMap comes up with the following error: "Export of this palette is not possible; there are multiple entries for the same color in the palette" - What does this mean and how do I bypass it?

It means that the tileset's pallete number has more than one of the same color.
Change the pallete color of the palletes which has the same color.

In Advance Map...
Go to 'Block Editor' and click 'Show Pallete Editor'...
There, you can edit palletes.
After editing, click the 'Write Pallete Changes to ROM' just below the 'Show Pallete Editor'...

Winterbane

Ice Emperor
Years
I don't know how to do that; the first part. Instructions for the second answer were easy to follow and solved the problem, thanks destinedjagold. =)

What I mean is; do I have to export all relevant tilesets, copy and paste them all into a mashup so to speak, and save that? And how to I insert that into AdvanceMap? Sorry if I sound oblivious. ^^;

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
What I mean is; do I have to export all relevant tilesets, copy and paste them all into a mashup so to speak, and save that? And how to I insert that into AdvanceMap? Sorry if I sound oblivious. ^^;
No, you're on the right track. Yeah, basically you should export all the tilesets which contain tiles that you are planning on using. Then, as you said, copy and paste the exact tiles that you want to add (be careful about palettes here as if you copy over tiles that use colors which don't match, it will come out weird-looking (this is kinda hard to explain but this tutorial helped me a lot)). Then, to insert the tilesets back into AdvanceMap, you would click 'Load Tileset 0/1' (depending on which one you're using) as opposed to 'Save Tileset 0/1'. Then you have to create the blocks but the aforementioned tutorial should be able to help you with that.

Zippyforc

Don't Panic.
Years
Problem with XSE

Okay, so here's what happens. Say, this is my code.
Code:
#dynamic 0x######
'---
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
message @1
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hello.
When I go to compile it, and open up VBA to test it, nothing happens, and when I go to open the script, it pops up...
Code:
'---
#org 0x######
So my question is why won't it save using dynamic offsets, is there something I'm doing wrong?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Okay, so here's what happens. Say, this is my code.
Code:
#dynamic 0x######
'---
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
message @1 [b]0x6[/b]
[s]boxset 0x6[/s]
release
end

#org @1
= Hello.
When I go to compile it, and open up VBA to test it, nothing happens, and when I go to open the script, it pops up...
Code:
'---
#org 0x######
So my question is why won't it save using dynamic offsets, is there something I'm doing wrong?

Well XSE doesn't use the 'boxset' command; that's exclusively used in Pokescript.
Although the script shouldn't have compiled if there was an unrecognized command. Try making the changes I pointed out above and see if that works.

Wait, are you sure you compiled the script (by pressing the button with the gears)? That would explain why the script does nothing in addition to the decompoling errors.

Last edited:

Zippyforc

Don't Panic.
Years
Well XSE doesn't use the 'boxset' command; that's exclusively used in Pokescript.
Although the script shouldn't have compiled if there was an unrecognized command. Try making the changes I pointed out above and see if that works.

Wait, are you sure you compiled the script (by pressing the button with the gears)? That would explain why the script does nothing in addition to the decompoling errors.

Okay, that works. Thanks man, I'll be sure to hit you up if I have any other concerns :D

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
So does anyone know where the backsprites to the hero is located in unlz.gba in FireRed?

Thanks for the help.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
So does anyone know where the backsprites to the hero is located in unlz.gba in FireRed?

Thanks for the help.

In FireRed?
It's not located there...
I believe it's located through Tile Molester...
zel, creator of Shiny Gold, has a tutorial on how to edit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back