• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
in A-map, i noticed that pallets change in between cities. does this mean you have 12 different palletes for each city?

Its not twelve palletes per city, but six pallets per tileset.

If you have a look at some maps with the same first tileset but a differring secondary tileset (Most routes, inside buildings etc) and view the pallets you will be able to see the same first six pallets (1-6) turning up everytime while the majority of the secondary tilsets are made out of the secondary pallets (7-12).

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
I'm using UNLZ Gba on my fire red. I'm trying to change cyndaquil to chimchar, but every time i import the sprite, the color gets all messed up and it ruins the image. why does this keep happening?

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2011
Same problem again:

in thingy32,when I try to enter a new string;For example I will enter "Zaten kayitli bir oyun var" into "There is already a saved file".It happens like this :"Zaten kayitli bir oyun varile".How can I enter shorter or longer strings than the original,can you help me?

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Is there a simple way to insert a custom world map into a game that doesn't involve hex editing? My hex editor has alot of trouble with the map.

~BLAZE

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
That's the one I've been using, but it doesn't work - the location of the map gets changed, but in the game it still looks the same, if not screwed up. And even when I look back at the hex editor it shows the new numbers.

Anyone else have an idea?

~BLAZE

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
That's the one I've been using, but it doesn't work - the location of the map gets changed, but in the game it still looks the same, if not screwed up. And even when I look back at the hex editor it shows the new numbers.

Anyone else have an idea?

~BLAZE
mmm.... i did have a problem when i made the tut (yes i made it) the map did come out screwed up.... but the numbers didnt keep changing on me.... send my your map and and your rom and i will insert it for you k (no credit needed)

is it possible to use dive in fire red and leaf green if you add the tiles and when you conect a route you make it go to dive?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
Bad Entrypoint at Header ????

So i had edited the maps alot lately, and had played just fine.
But for some reason this time after i edited and i opened up fire red,
it said
Bad Rom Entrypoint at Header [000h]
i pressed ok and then a pop up came up saying
Undefined opcode - with no debug vector defined

How can I fix this ?
Ive worked hard on this rom :(

spidermight340

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
what are some unused flags for ruby and and flags that will let me use the road closed script ?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 8, 2014
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I cannot find an answer beyond vague advice on changing programs anywhere.

Basically, my problem is with UNLZ-GBA(both the hacked and unhacked versions). When I try to import an image too large for the original offset(and thus I have to change the offset after using FSF), UNLZ-GBA does not change the offset of whatever image I am trying to replace, meaning that while it probably does insert the image where I told it to, it doesn't redirect the pointer to the image. I can get around this by compressing images to be smaller than the originals, but I'd still like to know just what happened there.

Sadly, that's not even my biggest problem. That would be that even when I do get the sprites in there, the colors for the back sprite always fuss up. I'm fairly sure why they do it, but I don't know how to fix it. As you know, you have to insert the shiny back sprite, and the game goes back a pallete on it normally, resulting in a normal-colored back sprite. However, when I insert sprites, the colors don't match up correctly, so while it does go back one pallete, the colors appear in the wrong places. This results in a very miscolored back sprite. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I index the sprites myself using irfanview and MSpaint, and UNLZ-GBA does recognize them as such(or at least doesn't give me an error), so I don't think that's the problem. And I do check for the correct size of free space I need, so that's not it either.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
what does the command "compare" do? and what does last result do and what do they mean?

also what does it mean when you have compare 0x800D?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
what does the command "compare" do? and what does last result do and what do they mean?

also what does it mean when you have compare 0x800D?

The compare command is used to compare a variable to a number, and then produces a result that is output to the variable LASTRESULT (0x800D)

And checking variable 0x800D (also known as LASTRESULT) means you are checking the last result of an option or compare.

You can use the compare command, with LASTRESULT, or other variables, to determine a TON of things, like whether or not a player said YES to a YES/NO script, or if the player has less than a certain number of pokemon.

Since you're asking these kinds of questions, I'm assuming you're new to scripting.

I advise, if you haven't already, to get a hold of XSE.

When you get XSE, extract it all, run XSE, and press the F2 Key.

This will open up a comprehensive guide to XSE, complete with everything you'll need to get started learning, and eventually, teaching yourself everything from the most basic scripts to the advanced scripts, like dynamic story-events.

If you do decide to get into it, I've got a few words of advice.

Keep at it
Don't give up
but most importantly

Have FUN!

If you've got any more questions, post away.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
thank you so much im not new its just been a year or so since ive done any rom hacking scripts

Just be aware that when you're using the compare command, anything in LASTRESULT will be overwritten.

SO, if you're using sensitive information that you don't want changed, don't store any data in 0x800D

Sometimes you may want to use data that comes from LASTRESULT, multiple times, in this case, you'd need to more the data in that variable to another one, to keep it safe.

Also, this probably would have fit much better in the Script Help Thread, so if you've got any more questions, please redirect them to the following thread...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163576

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
so if i use the 0x8800D variable more than once it will over ride what ever i have in lastresult so what are the variables i can use?

and no they deleted my message when i put it in the script help thread

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
so if i use the 0x8800D variable more than once it will over ride what ever i have in lastresult so what are the variables i can use?

and no they deleted my message when i put it in the script help thread

Good Variables are listed in the XSE Guide if I remember...
Or USED variables, in which case you can just not use the ones listed...

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2011
Same problem again:

in thingy32,when I try to enter a new string;For example I will enter "Zaten kayitli bir oyun var" into "There is already a saved file".It happens like this :"Zaten kayitli bir oyun varile".How can I enter shorter or longer strings than the original,can you help me?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Does someone know why this happens when i mess around in A-MAP, i'm using the hacked engine. It happens everytime i add a event and then try doing something else (more or less...)
14w3zid.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back