• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I got a Croconaw a water-type
I got a Expleetle a fire and bug-type
I got a Ribbing a normal and flying-type
Need a Grass-Type, Electric-Type, and a Ghost-Type or Fairy-Type
So chrunch do you have good ideas for which pokemon I should do for the Grass, Electric, and Ghost-type pokemon for my team
In beta 1 you can catch budew which is a grasss/poison, in beta 2 there will be another grass fakemon to catch as well. for an electric type, the only thing I can think of straight away is elekid, which will also be in beta 2. not many ghost/fairy types yet though.
Thanks for answer. After two hours of grinding my Kelprawn has evolved into Sealob and 11bayerf1 is right - Sealob's sprite is much better! ^^ Also my Combee evolved and I catch Pachirisu. :D So gameplay is still alive for me, even that I can't get any further. I hope that next beta will be released in the end of (of course, sooner=better :D) this year, so I will be able to play it on holidays! :D
haha glad you like it! :) Beta 2 will definitely be out before next year, I'm aiming for December 25 but it may get here earlier.
I have to say, I love your game. Absolutely and Irrevocably. I am trying to work on a hack, and I was wondering if I could PM you to talk to about it. But I started just a bit ago, and I love it! Although I do have to say, the Sandshrew on the second area is really strong for a normal trainer (like me), who just train and look for random battles sometimes. My Cyndaquil and Tweejay were decimated by his rollout in on hit from each. Tweejay was level 9 and Cyndaquil was level 10. ANyway. Please keep up the amazing work and I look forward to the next update!
Feel free to PM me if you want. I know the sandshrew is a bit tough, that's the reason that trainer is completely optional though. Thanks! :)

PokeEpicStudios

EpicStudios
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014
In beta 1 you can catch budew which is a grasss/poison, in beta 2 there will be another grass fakemon to catch as well. for an electric type, the only thing I can think of straight away is elekid, which will also be in beta 2. not many ghost/fairy types yet though.

haha glad you like it! :) Beta 2 will definitely be out before next year, I'm aiming for December 25 but it may get here earlier.

Feel free to PM me if you want. I know the sandshrew is a bit tough, that's the reason that trainer is completely optional though. Thanks! :)
I said Ghost or Fairy-type pokemon

Tyroz

In tenebris est et in nobis.
Years

I just caught a Kelprawn and he's kinda funny. I did happen to find some glitches/issues though.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Other than those little bugs, I love the game (as you already know). I cannot wait for the release of Beta 2!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I said Ghost or Fairy-type pokemon
No none of those are in the game yet, I don't have any suitable places for them. (jigglypuff and ghastly might be in beta 2 though).
I just caught a Kelprawn and he's kinda funny. I did happen to find some glitches/issues though.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Other than those little bugs, I love the game (as you already know). I cannot wait for the release of Beta 2!
I may do that, I think it's fine as it is but if I have time I'll move the text to somewhere better.
The Pokedex hasn't been fully edited yet, some of the sizes and weights are way off, categories are wrong etc. This will get done eventually though. :)
I think that's because of the new font, not much I can do about it.
The Kelprawn line doesn't have an icon yet.

Thanks for the feeback and bugs! I appreciate them. :)
-----------------------------------
I just finished inserting the new cave tiles! This means that the majority of graphics for beta 2 are now finished.

Ht96HJ0.png
30o0UGE.png

A major team rocket event takes place in this mountain, as well as a little minigame where you can find some special items and fossils.

Tyroz

Years
No none of those are in the game yet, I don't have any suitable places for them. (jigglypuff and ghastly might be in beta 2 though).

I may do that, I think it's fine as it is but if I have time I'll move the text to somewhere better.
The Pokedex hasn't been fully edited yet, some of the sizes and weights are way off, categories are wrong etc. This will get done eventually though. :)
I think that's because of the new font, not much I can do about it.
The Kelprawn line doesn't have an icon yet.

Thanks for the feeback and bugs! I appreciate them. :)
-----------------------------------
I just finished inserting the new cave tiles! This means that the majority of graphics for beta 2 are now finished.

Ht96HJ0.png
30o0UGE.png

A major team rocket event takes place in this mountain, as well as a little minigame where you can find some special items and fossils.

Thats Amazing!!!! Im still so lost on tilesets. I got one to work, saved it, came back and it was a black block. That and there is no extra black space at the bottom to paste the new tiles so I have to overwrite existing ones, Which in turn screws with the map...

Oh! I did forget to also say that the forest, when a pokemon is caught or saved there, it saves it under the name of a town..I forgot which one. But yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
LOVE THIS HACK!WHEN WILL YOU RELEASE BETA 2?
GOODLUCK WITH THIS HACK!HOPE YOU CAN FINISH IT!:D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2013
Just finished playing the beta, i really like your hack it's gonna be one of the best when you finish it :) i hope we can join team rocket that would be awesome

Years
I really like this hack it so much to play I was so upset that i reach the end of the beta. I can tell you put a lot of work into this hack i hope you add more side quest to your hack.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Just finished the BETA now, I must say it was enjoyable! I boxed my starter and only used the fakemon since I found them so well designed.
I'm tempted to grind levels to see what the other Pokemon evolve into...

Overall great hack so far and I wish you good luck on completing it!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Thanks for all the great posts. :) I'm glad people are still enjoying the hack!

I have a question for all of you now. Who would be interested in fakemon starters for cyan? I have some designs ready but I'd like to get some feedback on the idea first. Thanks! :D

Tyroz

Years

I have a question for all of you now. Who would be interested in fakemon starters for cyan? I have some designs ready but I'd like to get some feedback on the idea first. Thanks! :D

I think, based on the awesome greatness of your Fakemon we've seen so far, that the starters should definetly be Fakemon. It would change it up, no starters based off of another game. I think that would be an amazing thing for you to do. You have my vote!

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021

It's great idea! I must say that my cyndaquil(ok, quilava) was abandoned in box, but usually it's the first member of my team! It also be great if you add unusual typing for starters like fire-poison, grass-ghost or water-electric. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
It's great idea! I must say that my cyndaquil(ok, quilava) was abandoned in box, but usually it's the first member of my team! It also be great if you add unusual typing for starters like fire-poison, grass-ghost or water-electric. :D

^ Yeah, this. You're a good spriter and your fakemon ideas so far have been great so I think it'd be awesome to have fakemon starters.

Altair1

Willpower
Years

Same here! Except I abandoned my Totodile. Fakemon for starters do sound good to me after seeing the other fakemons.

Tyroz

Years
Same here! Except I abandoned my Totodile. Fakemon for starters do sound good to me after seeing the other fakemons.

Yes. That they do. Chrunch has some of the best Fakemon I've seen. It'll be great. I di that in my first go around, but I accidentally deleted my .sav file when I transferred it to GBA4iOS and I had to restart, and as soon as I caught a Tweejay, Todo went right into storage.

^ Yeah, this. You're a good spriter and your fakemon ideas so far have been great so I think it'd be awesome to have fakemon starters.

They are amazing, even the little shrimp, despite what people say. And I don't think he sprites them himself. You'd have to ask.

I agree. Different starter types, even without the Grass/Water/Fire bases would definetly be amazing. It adds something else different to the game.

LOVE THIS HACK!WHEN WILL YOU RELEASE BETA 2?
GOODLUCK WITH THIS HACK!HOPE YOU CAN FINISH IT!:D

O-o STOP YELLING!! Lol. I think he said he's releasing it around Decmber 21-26th? Somewhere in that timeline. I hope. *Crosses fingers*

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Are you going to make Chess-Like Fakemon

That would be fun. I like Pawniard and Bisharp, but I do think the line should be expanded to include the other chess pieces. But a quick look at Bulbapedia suggests the chess reference isn't there in the Japanese version, and so the family is unlikely to get an official expansion.

Speaking more of Fakemon, I'm game for Fakemon starters. Do you have clear ideas for them yet? Personally I've always thought it would be cool to have a Grass-type spinosaurus Pokemon with a Venus flytrap for its sail. Heck, that's where I got my username from.

I've barely started this hack, but I'm very interested in it. Also, the addition of new abilities and the Fairy type have caught my attention. I'm trying to learn ROM hacking, and those two are things I've not seen done before. So good luck!

For feedback, FYI, the party sprite for Taillow is still Tentacool. Changing some of the gen 1 Pokemon to gen 2 or 3 ones is kinda distracting for me, hearing the wrong cries. It shouldn't bother me, since it happens for all Fakemon and post gen 3 inserts, but it does. Do you plan on using the National Dex in the post-game? Because if not, an alternative would be to write in a script for activating the National Dex early on. Then you won't have to worry about the problems like halted evolution.

Keep up the good work, and I'm excited to see how this goes.

EDIT: I found a couple of glitches with the in-game trade in Maroon City (Roselia for Pikachu). First off, in the black trade screen after the GBA pops up (you know, where the "tube" carrying the two Poke's appears) appeared as a jumble of tiles rather than all black tiles. Second, after receiving Dontae the Pikachu (but before the screen returns to the normal overworld), it read "Take good care of !" rather than "Take good care of Dontae!"

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2013
Just finished the beta, and yeah, your hack is awesome.
Your graphic is great, the colour is synchronizing, i really love it!!

And as for my advice:
- Fix the tall grass animation. It really bothers me since you have a nice map.
- You probably should change the indoor tile as well, it's just too different with the outside.
- Oh, and also the battle background, same reason xD

As you can see, others like your fakemon. They probably abandon their johto starters anyway, so if you have a great starters in mind, Wynaut? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back