• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU RMT: The Second UU RMT at that.

Years
Sup guys, I've been taking a break from OU for two reasons

-I suck at it
-To play UU

Now let's get this train rolling!

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
473.gif

Adamant/Thick Fat
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Stealth Rock-Stone Edge-Earthquake-Ice Shard

Typical lead Mamo, it does its job and does it well. I can even bring it in late-game, to cause some major hell for my opponent B)

Zapdos @ Leftovers
145.gif

Bold/Pressure
248 HP/228 Def/32 Speed
Thunderbolt-Light Screen-Hidden Power Ice-Roost

Physically Defensive Zapdos. Powerful, yet bulky and a great addition to the team. Light Screen is there over Heat Wave, because Slowbro and Cofa could use the SpDef boost and Abomasnow destroys Zappy regardless.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
563.gif

Bold/Mummy
252 HP/224 Def/32 SpDef
Hex-Will O' Wisp-Haze-Rest

This guy is amazing in so many ways. Will-O-Wisp will render anything that uses Physical Attacks, helpless against him, not to mention powers up Hex. I went for a Physically defensive spread, as I already have a potent special wall in Chansey.

Chansey @ Eviolite
113.gif

Calm/Natural Cure
4 HP/252 Def/252 SpDef
Aromatherapy/Softboiled/Toxic/Seismic Toss

Best Special Wall in UU, period, maybe even the best in OU. My only qualm about Chansey is that I'm not sure whether to run this set, or the Wish+Protect set. I chose to run this set, as Status is a huge problem for my team. If you think the other set would be better, then please do tell me why I should run it!

Slowbro @ Leftovers
080.gif

Bold/Regenerator
252 HP/176 Def/80 SpDef
Slack Off/Thunder Wave/Scald/Psychic

This is another great Pokemon. Regenerator and the access to healing moves, as well as the wild card known only as Thunder Wave have all proven as great assets to Slowbro. If there's anything you think I should change about him, or run over him, then feel free to pitch it in the thread.

Drapion @ Leftovers
452.gif

Careful/Battle Armor
252 HP/120 SpDef/136 Speed
Swords Dance/Earthquake/Crunch/Toxic Spikes

I think I made this spread myself, I forget. Anyhow, the concept is for it to be a bulky swords dancer, although it only does around 50-60% at neutral +6. It's real value lies in Toxic Spikes and it's beautiful typing, which allows it to set up easily on stuff. Somewhat of a lackluster mon, Drapion fits into this team pretty well, but I feel it could fit in better.

Things that this team hates

-Special Cobalion
-Mix Kyurem
-Abomasnow, a million times Abomasnow
-NP Mismagius annoys almost everyone, although Drapion does a p good job at beating it.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Trying to use a suicide lead in UU is definitely not going to work. I'd drop Mamoswine for a more bulky Stealth Rock setup that can last you throughout the whole match, it would be a lot more useful imo. Donphan could be a good choice as it can also provide Rapid Spin support. Crustle is also a great option because it can break Subs (Mismagius issue helped out a little?) with Rock Blast and has access to SR.

As for the Cobalion/Kyurem/Aboma issue, one thing that solves all three would be to replace Drapion with Hitmontop, who can nail all three with Mach Punch and beat standard NP Mismagius with Sucker Punch. SubNP Mismagius is still a pain, but Crustle could beat it/ do SubBreaking duties.

Snorlax is also superior at special walling imo because it can do stuff back, so if you're willing to risk a cleric in Blissey for Snorlax, it also helps out in beating Mismagius and can bring it down with Crunch.

Also in this case I'd change Zapdos to SubRoost because it's a much better help to the team with that set and can provide Toxic Support as well as help to status block with Substitute. You also really don't need screen support with a special wall helping your team out.

So maybe...

Donphan/Crustle
Zapdos
Cofagrigus
Snorlax
Slowbro
Hitmontop

Last edited:
Back