• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Club Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've been slacking off on the Animal Lovers/Pet Owners (still can't think yet haha) club as of late. Not that I'm no longer interested, I'm just distracted/busy/etc right now. Christmas is throwing me off a cliff. But it is still on! :3

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Animal/Pet Lovers club sounds like a good idea for a pet I might join. My Adventure Time club is lacking lately. :(

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Is it me or is something different about the Fan club area when I click on it. Something seems missing. Is it the info section at the top?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Many of the TV show clubs are a bit dry because a lot of them are on hiatus during the season, unfortunately. I would try coming up with some side discussion like "Did you buy any merch lately?" or "Have you explored their website for some additional content?" just to keep the club afloat. Just a small suggestion. ;)

& Chuckles, the top part seems normal to me :x

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Axeliira, I was thinking of starting a pet owner/animal lovers club myself! Maybe we could combine our efforts so it's not all just on one person?

Chuckles, maybe the problem is that FC&G doesn't have a fancy forum splash like other sections? Nothing was ever changed about it, so it just looks kind of boring compared to all the other sections on PC.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Axeliira, I was thinking of starting a pet owner/animal lovers club myself! Maybe we could combine our efforts so it's not all just on one person?

omg yes yes! I actually had the rough draft done and was about to get started on the CSS later tonight, but maybe I'll VM or PM you the draft and you could add in some input on it. That would be amazing :D

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
I can't believe out of all the people, in all the fandoms that are here. NO ONE wanted to join a Supernatural club.

Apparently the Winchesters get no love.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I can't believe out of all the people, in all the fandoms that are here. NO ONE wanted to join a Supernatural club.

You need to go to the Roleplay Corner and fish for fans. Or just visit Skymin's profile and fish out everyone she chats about Supernatural with. /hint ;D;D

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years

Give it time. People will join! Eventually, every club gets members, but not all can be big and popular. It's all about time.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah patience is the key with fanclubs, they do grow if you give it time like a plant (horrible metaphor). I wouldn't mind a thundercats fan club but it might be pretty inactive mainly because the original series and 2011 series can only have so many topics on it before it runs dry.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
What Rika said, fish them out while you spam advertise mention your SPN club. You could also make a blog about it as well, or advertise it on your siggy. It's gonna take a while to find dem SPN fans, just gotta beeee patient and all. :)

I'm also surprised there isn't any club about it, as well. The fandom is so big here around the internet, there's gotta be at least a club haha xD

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
The trick with getting inactive clubs to bloom is to wait. If there is atleast one person interested, then try your best to keep the club afloat. Sometimes, you can also double post if your club has been stagnant for 2 weeks to try to revive the club :P

If your club isn't really getting any attention, it's more likely they don't know about it, not interested, or both. For those kinds of cases, I suggest to follow nature's way and let the club die.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Meh, it's already dead, past the second page. And I didn't make a backup copy.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Wait, the group idea or the group itself? You could always remake it, but this time, try advertising it here and on your sig or blog. :D Don't advertise too much though.

Also, it's quite useful to back up. A tip: use PC's notepad on your User Control Panel to save your thread drafts if you don't want to save them on your computer. It's easier that way and every time you log on, your draft will be there.

All my CSS drafts are there, including an idea for a new "common interest" group I had in mind. I'll flesh it out later though. It's about food. :D

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Wait, the group idea or the group itself? You could always remake it, but this time, try advertising it here and on your sig or blog. :D Don't advertise too much though.

Also, it's quite useful to back up. A tip: use PC's notepad on your User Control Panel to save your thread drafts if you don't want to save them on your computer. It's easier that way and every time you log on, your draft will be there.

All my CSS drafts are there, including an idea for a new "common interest" group I had in mind. I'll flesh it out later though. It's about food. :D

Uh, both I think? If one is not really interested in an idea (this is mostly common in tv show clubs) they usually don't post in it and basically you would have just made a dead thread with 0 replies BUT there are some clubs are that low in advertising. Usually clubs are advertised in signatures or blog entries. You can even advertise here iirc. But the person the can make or break a club's fate is the owner itself.

If one wants a club to be successful, then do what it takes to really branch it out. Speaking from my experience, when my clubs are stagnant, I usually double post them after the 2 week mark and revive the club. I also try to answer the topic I set in the same post that way I can answer it when the club is inactive. It is usually in the dedication of the owner that defines the club's life. The popularity of the topic are usually just factors of it....

And that is my advice to all aspiring club owners :33

GOING BACK TO THE TOPIC, A FOOD CLUB! ooooh <3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
To add, the main element of being a group owner, is patience. Think before creating a group. Is the fandom out there on PC demanding a group? Is there a place to discuss said "group theme?" Keep those in mind when creating a group. ;)

Okay, I could flesh out the idea just a bit. I wanted to wait till tonight but heh, ideas can't wait any longer yeah? xD

I'm really bothered that on PC, we can't discuss food, recipes, anything that makes us hungry and all in any section (well, we can on the DCC and in the Cafe, but it's not enough). I want to create a group where we can do just that. We can discuss foods of the world, our favorite foods, share our recipes, tips and tricks on cooking and much much more! I thought it'd be a good idea for a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back