Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page DCC ROM Hacking Daily Chit Chat

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (03:43 PM).
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by WobbuffetWynaut:
Sometimes, I wonder why no one ever hacks Sapphire or Leafgreen...
This has been answered to death. Here's why:

Quote originally posted by Deokishisu:
→But Why Not the Other Pokémon Games?
I'm glad you asked! The other ROMs fall into two categories: Ruby and Everyone Else. Ruby should not be hacked at this point because ongoing support for it is basically non-existent. While it used to be the main base to use if you wanted Hoenn's features (which is why there are tools and research that work for it still lying around), Emerald has eclipsed it in every regard. Ruby, being the first GBA game that Gamefreak coded, is also a mess internally, making research into it difficult. If you want to hack Ruby, hack Emerald instead. As for the Everyone Else category, my first question to you is "Why?" Why would you want to hack Leafgreen over Firered? They're the same games with the same base features. The real reason is that Firered is the one that research has been done on, and Leafgreen was not. They are the same game, but data is placed in different spots. It's the same deal with Sapphire compared to Ruby. Sapphire and Leafgreen are support deadzones, with no tools or research ever being done for them because there's just no point. Stick with Firered and Emerald, to save yourself some trouble.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (01:32 AM).

I want to ask you all: Is a team or something colaboration that want to do a very cool long rom hacking. I have so much things in my mind that I want to put them in a Hacked Rom Project. And thats not all. I want to make friends and help each other for the game hack.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (04:34 PM).
We'll practice like it's 1999!

Quote originally posted by Lulu1221:
I want to ask you all: Is a team or something colaboration that want to do a very cool long rom hacking. I have so much things in my mind that I want to put them in a Hacked Rom Project. And thats not all. I want to make friends and help each other for the game hack.
I, um...

...What's your question, exactly? Are you looking for people that want to be on a team for a hack you have planned?
Old 3 Weeks Ago (02:25 AM).

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
I, um...

...What's your question, exactly? Are you looking for people that want to be on a team for a hack you have planned?
Is not really all planed. I have ideeas, but ya. Im looking for people to be a team because only me is hard.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:06 AM).

Nature: Lonely
Does anyone know of any good GBA graphics editor tutorials? Is it the best option for making tiles?
Old 1 Week Ago (02:22 AM).
Elite Sylveon Trainer

Nature: Gentle
I really liked glazed :D
Old 1 Week Ago (05:32 AM).
But nothing happened.

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by Gleamy:
I really liked glazed :D
I really like your sig XD

Hmm I'll give you guys a topic..
How long do you hack when you're hacking? An hour?
|Pokemon FlareRed: Total Reboot!
|
Rom Hacking Beginners Click Here
!
Old 1 Week Ago (09:35 AM).
For the night is dark and full of terrors

Send a message via Skype™ to JaDe.X105
Like how long do I work on a hack at a time? However long it takes to finish the current section I'm on. I wouldn't want to leave mid-code, I guess maps can be but I'd still want it to be close to done or resemble what I'm trying to design. So easily an hour to multiple hours at a time.
Old 1 Week Ago (05:59 PM).

Quote originally posted by Deokishisu:
This has been answered to death. Here's why:
The differences between FR and LG are so minor that you could transform FR into an effective clone of LG within the span of an evening. This would keep compatibility with all tools aimed at FR, while still giving the player the feel of LG. There's absolutely no reason to hack LG.

Transforming Ruby into Sapphire would be marginally more difficult, but still perfectly doable.

Actually, given how easy it is, I'm sure it's already been done. Surely there's a ROM-base out there to do it for you, right?
Old 1 Week Ago (04:08 PM).

:u Are there any hacks with Fakemon looking for graphic artists (could be either a person to come up with Fakemon designs, or spriter)?
Old 1 Week Ago (11:10 PM).

Umm, im new here...I dont actually know where to post this.

Ok, I've been wanting to make my own pokemon game. At first, i found rpgmakervx ace and xp, but it didnt felt like the same pokemon game because of the authors' personalized scripts. Now, i found this site and the ones made here are actual roms. My concern now is how to really edit a rom, i downloaded some of the things i think are needed, like PGE... and the sprite resources...

Im hoping for kind assistance from this community I think its better if I will be messaged? I have more questions to ask :3
Old 1 Week Ago (02:12 AM).
Kariyai.
ModeratorCSEO

Quote originally posted by cloudsoda:
:u Are there any hacks with Fakemon looking for graphic artists (could be either a person to come up with Fakemon designs, or spriter)?
Spriters are in short demand! I'm sure if you were to showcase some of your own work in the Art & Design forum you'd have hackers flocking to you with requests!

Quote originally posted by waz31:
Umm, im new here...I dont actually know where to post this.

Ok, I've been wanting to make my own pokemon game. At first, i found rpgmakervx ace and xp, but it didnt felt like the same pokemon game because of the authors' personalized scripts. Now, i found this site and the ones made here are actual roms. My concern now is how to really edit a rom, i downloaded some of the things i think are needed, like PGE... and the sprite resources...

Im hoping for kind assistance from this community I think its better if I will be messaged? I have more questions to ask :3
Try these links:

Tools and tutorial links: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341758
Explanation of a lot of the basics: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=344685
Old 1 Week Ago (02:24 AM).
It's my day off
Platinum Tier

How long do you hack when you're hacking?

Right now? I can't hold it for more than a few minutes without some caffeine and sleep. Blame it on my ADD, baby.

I've been talking about this a good bit in #rhm, but my ADHD (rendered ADD thanks to atomoxetine) has been keeping me from being anywhere near as productive as I could be with my projects. It's really awful when you're just sitting there looking at a strtol() segment in your code, you know exactly what you need to do for a moment and then your mind's all like 'aahhhh' and you can't think through it at all. >_>

I really can't wait to get my Adderall, it's going to help a tonne. When I was younger I had it, and I could easily bulldoze through BASIC for 8 hours straight with two bathroom breaks and nothing but Sprite and last night's sleep. I wanna do that again, but with C, Python, and ROM hacking. ^^

We're a dedicated group of ROM hackers and are part of a loose-knit community. Come and join us, here or there!
Pokémon Citrite Version
In a world riddled with mysteries and turmoil, how will you get by?
Old 1 Week Ago (07:00 AM).

Quote originally posted by Nick:
How long do you hack when you're hacking?

Right now? I can't hold it for more than a few minutes without some caffeine and sleep. Blame it on my ADD, baby.

I've been talking about this a good bit in #rhm, but my ADHD (rendered ADD thanks to atomoxetine) has been keeping me from being anywhere near as productive as I could be with my projects. It's really awful when you're just sitting there looking at a strtol() segment in your code, you know exactly what you need to do for a moment and then your mind's all like 'aahhhh' and you can't think through it at all.

I really can't wait to get my Adderall, it's going to help a tonne. When I was younger I had it, and I could easily bulldoze through BASIC for 8 hours straight with two bathroom breaks and nothing but Sprite and last night's sleep. I wanna do that again, but with C, Python, and ROM hacking.
I've got ADD, too! Though I've been on Adderall for years now. :B Be sure to take it AFTER you eat breakfast. Also, make sure you "take a day off" from it every once in a while. @3@; I did that recently, and it was like someone put cheesecloth all over my brain.
Old 1 Week Ago (08:07 PM).

Gosh Making a Rom hack is hard and takes awhile but it will all be worth it when I'm done this game...in approximatively 2 years
Old 3 Days Ago (06:01 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
So I'm not really sure where to post this but I decided to post it here because it may be something worth being discussed. So anyway, I received this email just now...
Quote originally posted by MediaFire:
Dear MediaFire User:
MediaFire has received notification under the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") that your usage of a file is allegedly infringing on the file creator's copyright protection.

The file named PKMN RD-BT - Public Beta 1 (09-19-14) v1.2.rar is identified by the key (wk1s5l9dojk9sdm).

As a result of this notice, pursuant to Section 512(c)(1)(C) of the DMCA, we have suspended access to the file.

The reason for suspension was:
- Copyright Infringement property of Nintendo.

Information about the party that filed the report:

Company Name:
Nintendo of America Inc.
Contact Address: 4600 150th Avenue N.E., Redmond, WA 98052
Contact Name: Jason Allen
Contact Phone:
Contact Email: [email protected]
Copyright infringement violates MediaFire's Terms of Service. MediaFire accounts that experience multiple incidents of alleged copyright infringement without viable counterclaims may be terminated.
I'm not really sure what to do with this. I've received a similar notification on YouTube but I argued that Nintendo allows their fans to make any fan-made thingies as long as we don't make money out of it. And it worked and they let me continue on YouTube. But I forgot how I worded it since it's been a long time ago and now, I'm kinda sad to receive this email.

So what do you guys think? Any suggestions? Thoughts?

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old 3 Days Ago (08:58 AM). Edited 2 Days Ago by GoGoJJTech.
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:
So I'm not really sure where to post this but I decided to post it here because it may be something worth being discussed. So anyway, I received this email just now...

I'm not really sure what to do with this. I've received a similar notification on YouTube but I argued that Nintendo allows their fans to make any fan-made thingies as long as we don't make money out of it. And it worked and they let me continue on YouTube. But I forgot how I worded it since it's been a long time ago and now, I'm kinda sad to receive this email.

Seeing that it wasn't just Mediafire's decision, I'd say that hosting that anywhere would yield the same trouble as it did on Mediafire. Not exactly sure what you could do about it at this point in time really. And it'd be weird to not have a download link for a while too. Hosting it on a website or something would probably be "breaking the law" also, since you went from one place to another with the same file. Dunno, it'd have to be discussed further.

Join us in the romhacking chat
Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
Old 2 Days Ago (11:08 AM).
We'll practice like it's 1999!

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:
I'm not really sure what to do with this. I've received a similar notification on YouTube but I argued that Nintendo allows their fans to make any fan-made thingies as long as we don't make money out of it. And it worked and they let me continue on YouTube. But I forgot how I worded it since it's been a long time ago and now, I'm kinda sad to receive this email. :(

Well, there are a few things I would suggest. First, if you want to reupload it, rename the file and don't put Pokemon (or similar abbreviations) in the name. For added safety, put the archive inside another archive- though that may be a bit excessive.

Second, and I recommend this along with the first, use MEGA instead. Apart from that being less likely to happen there, it's faster and more convenient, plus you don't have to deal with captchas.
Old 2 Days Ago (11:09 AM).
ModeratorCSGT

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
You can also upload it as an attachment to PC.
Old 6 Hours Ago (03:59 PM).
For the night is dark and full of terrors

Send a message via Skype™ to JaDe.X105
Quote originally posted by Mana:
-snip-
Ahh man, why did the HA thread get locked?
Old 34 Minutes Ago (10:10 PM).
Kariyai.
ModeratorCSEO

Quote originally posted by JaDe.X105:
Ahh man, why did the HA thread get locked?
Sorry, I haven't had the time for it lately and unfortunately activity has dwindled ):. Maybe it'll be back in a few weeks, I'm not sure.

Sponsored Links