• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I had never heard of EV training until I came across this websit, but I have a feeling like I've been good at it all along :) I always beat my friends in link cable matches and wireless battles! If I can get my wi-fi connection working, I'll try to arrange some battles!
Here's a cheat sheet.

Battle the enemy in question, win, gain effort points for the Pokémon ending the battle. You could get to Lv.40 and have no EV (meaning you have it holding an Exp. Share or you start a battle then trade it out), or you could be maxed out at Lv.25 (in which case it might be your starter and you later want to breed a fresh one to EV train). It's better to EV train later when the game events are over (unless you purposely do so with one or two particular liked Pokémon as you go) if you are into the competitive battling, a stage where I am nowhere close to (and thus, my battles would be a Fail Feature if I try).

Cyclone

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I don't EV train my Pokemon. In fact...I don't even train them competitively. I just grind them to a certain level and just beat the gym leader/trainer/etc. :P I find it hard to train them that way. :(

Ahaha Red99, I think you posted in the old NUH thread right? This is a new one. xD (if not then I apologize. I'm running on 4 hours of sleep right now and my mind is CRAZY.)

droomph

weeb
Years
Hayyyyyy gurl wassups

So yes, I am droomph. I am very open to new people coming around so don't be afraid to shoot me a VM!

This applies to everybody on PC btw ;)

Oh! And one more thing. If you have a Grovyle picture layin around ya better hide dat **** from me. For your safety, please do that.

Okayyyyyyyyy so hop on board the PC train everyone! Complementary snacks will be served shortly.

...oh gawd ev training

Years
Hey, Meganium90. :) I've been new on here since last week, but I've gotten a pretty good idea of the rules.

Hi Rhea, how are you doing? Are you well aware of the rules now?

Anyways, I'll check back on you and see how you're doing. They don't call me "Sensei Hikari" for nothing, cos I am a role model.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I don't EV train my Pokemon. In fact...I don't even train them competitively. I just grind them to a certain level and just beat the gym leader/trainer/etc. :P
I do that, too. I've never bothered with other types of training because before I always, ah, played ROMs. XD And since I hate losing, I grind to overlevel the leader then succeed in using a single one to wipe everybody out. What a waste of grinding. XD

Cyclone

Red99

World Champion
Years
I don't EV train my Pokemon. In fact...I don't even train them competitively. I just grind them to a certain level and just beat the gym leader/trainer/etc. :P I find it hard to train them that way. :(

Ahaha Red99, I think you posted in the old NUH thread right? This is a new one. xD (if not then I apologize. I'm running on 4 hours of sleep right now and my mind is CRAZY.)

Sorry, I haven't posted in that thread. But I understand that feeling :P And thanks Cyclone, for explaining EV training to me :)
(Sorry I'm so late responding)

SD.

B E N N I N G T O N
Years
pokemon>linkin park

like even though i admire and love linkin park will all i have
nothing beats pokemon, EVAH​

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
pokemon>linkin park

like even though i admire and love linkin park will all i have
nothing beats pokemon, EVAH​
What if someone gave you a front row seat in front of the stage?

Cyclone

Years
Hi SD, I am Hikari.

And I have to say the way you construct your posts are very interesting.

Anyways, welcome to PC and have a fun time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh SD, I envy you for going to a Linkin Park concert! That must have been the most amazing experience ever! Share some details, yes? :D

& Welcome to Akuroma! You must be quite lucky to acquire that name, actually. Surprised no one has taken it yet haha.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Actually, her name is "SD." with a dot. "SD" might be taken, but "SD." wasn't. ;)

In fact, "SD," may still be available. :D

Cyclone

Years
Hello people, I'm Akuroma & I'm new here. I hope I will meet many new friends.

Hi there, you obviously remember Hikari don't you?

Well, have a fun time posting on PC and I can help you if you get lost, or you can just contact the mods.

Anyways, we'll meet again...

Edit: My 3,660th post!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2018
Hi there

First of all, i'm German, so I'm sorry, if my English is too bad to understand, I will try to write my posts as well as possible.

When I have activated my account I was really surprised. In none of all communities I found those helps you have attached at the top of every page here.

So I'm really happy to come here.

Greetings

Years
Hi there

First of all, i'm German, so I'm sorry, if my English is too bad to understand, I will try to write my posts as well as possible.

When I have activated my account I was really surprised. In none of all communities I found those helps you have attached at the top of every page here.

So I'm really happy to come here.

Greetings

Hi Mono, mind I just call you that?

I'm Hikari and how are you enjoying your PC experience so far?

And don't worry, your English is looking great!

Anyways, you can talk to me if you need help getting around. I won't bite, I just like to laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back