• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Small Writing Contest!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
:Tomboy androgynous or girly androgynous? Just wondering after seeing so many androgynous figures in anime lately.
(i.e. Envy (FMA), Haku (Naruto), ect)
Mine is literally androgynous... Fully hermaphroditic with reproductive capabilities.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Androgynous, like leave it up to the reader to decide androgynous. However to leave out the pronouns among other things was a difficult thing, so I left the character as a girl (okay well she was playing lego at one point, but still, that is part of one of my own prompts anyway).
What about orange juice? Does that come into play. [/JK]
Also, Lego is a registered trademark.

So she's a girl. I see. Wait, I think you mentioned it earlier. I'm getting forgetful lately.

Mine is literally androgynous... Fully hermaphroditic with reproductive capabilities.
Oh God! My head asplode[sic].

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I'm worried that I'm not going to finish this. I've only got about a paragraph written, unfortunately, and I only have tomorrow and Monday to pound out the rest, with a fair amount of other things occupying my time on those days. I want to type more tonight, but I had to go to work today and I'm a bit too tired I think. Bah, I guess only time will tell, no pun intended.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
What about orange juice? Does that come into play. [/JK]
Also, Lego is a registered trademark.

So she's a girl. I see. Wait, I think you mentioned it earlier. I'm getting forgetful lately.

Yeah I might have mentioned it earlier. And orange juice does come into play... More than you thing ;)

Well building blocks sounded a bit of a stretch, anway, she is only 6 years old.

I'm worried that I'm not going to finish this. I've only got about a paragraph written, unfortunately, and I only have tomorrow and Monday to pound out the rest, with a fair amount of other things occupying my time on those days. I want to type more tonight, but I had to go to work today and I'm a bit too tired I think. Bah, I guess only time will tell, no pun intended.

I'd like to point out that mine was about 1 300 words. And it still had a plot, and an ending ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Oh God! My head asplode[sic].
lol. Hermaphrodites are a staple of my writing... I've variously had hermaphroditic terrorists staging a war between Israel and the other Middle Eastern nations, a hermaphroditic messiah, and a group of genetically-engineered hermaphroditic messiah-super soldiers homunculi.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
lol. Hermaphrodites are a staple of my writing... I've variously had hermaphroditic terrorists staging a war between Israel and the other Middle Eastern nations, a hermaphroditic messiah, and a group of genetically-engineered hermaphroditic messiah-super soldiers homunculi.

*takes away your hybrid full metal alchemist fantasy "fanfiction"*

Ooo my choose your own adventure thing (currently in stasis) has the main character as androgynous, only because it involves the reading emulating the main character.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
*takes away your hybrid full metal alchemist fantasy "fanfiction"*

Ooo my choose your own adventure thing (currently in stasis) has the main character as androgynous, only because it involves the reading emulating the main character.
lol. Nope, no FMA fanfics for me... In that particular continuity, my homunculi are genetically engineered humans from scratch with the key difference being their DNA is structured based on a mathematical equation. Entirely human physically, but biologically and genetically far more efficient. They're literally the number 42.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
lol. Nope, no FMA fanfics for me... In that particular continuity, my homunculi are genetically engineered humans from scratch with the key difference being their DNA is structured based on a mathematical equation. Entirely human physically, but biologically and genetically far more efficient. They're literally the number 42.

Oooooaky then >.> XD

Anyway...

In all, for this contest, if anything, I'd be happy enough to illicit a response/reaction from the judges of the brutality of our fics. XD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Oooooaky then >.> XD

Anyway...

In all, for this contest, if anything, I'd be happy enough to illicit a response/reaction from the judges of the brutality of our fics. XD
You know you admire my ideas from afar. ;D

That'd be pretty cool, in the least. My entry isn't all that violent or anything, but it should illicit at least a few gasps and Crowning Moment of Awesomes. (hopefully)

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
You know you admire my ideas from afar. ;D

That'd be pretty cool, in the least. My entry isn't all that violent or anything, but it should illicit at least a few gasps and Crowning Moment of Awesomes. (hopefully)

They'll never look at us the same again! XD

I hope I'll get to read other people's fics though.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
For all those people who are afraid that they won't be able to submit their fics on time, go right ahead and post them in PFF&P when you do get done, and at least I'll try to review them according to the contest review guides. That way, everything but the deadline won't be hanging over your head.

Also, I'm amazed at the fact that I had to tell certain people off because they were secluding others from posting in the FFL with their off-topic posts are doing the same here. It's just a crazy observation that came about because of how tired I am. Another crazy observation is that VMs exist, people.

Now, can we try to keep this thread free of off-topic posting so that if someone asks a question about the contest, Gummy, Bay, or I can find it easy enough to answer it? I don't want any questions being passed over because of random conversations, and someone being unable/unwilling to enter the contest who wants to enter the contest because they/their question/their concern got lost in the shuffle.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
I'm sure most of us would be glad to post whatever we've written up over in Fan Fiction and Poetry once the contest is said and done, though placing and reviews will definitely add to the thrill and carry over for a few days before anyone needs to do that.

Years
I'm going to post my piece when it's done tomorrow. Does that mean I'm expected to post it in PFF or just PM it? Now I'm confused.

Does 1500-2000 words sound reasonable?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
I'm going to post my piece when it's done tomorrow. Does that mean I'm expected to post it in PFF or just PM it? Now I'm confused.

Does 1500-2000 words sound reasonable?
You're supposed to PM it to Gummy. He'll forward it to the other judges. After the contest is over, some people are planning on posting their entries in PFF.

1500-2000 is just fine. They've stated several times that they're looking for quality over quantity.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Mine has none. It's philosphical violence if you know what I mean. >.>

Aww that's too bad. I saw one FMA fanfic on FF.net, Homonculus swears. Hilarious.

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
Ok, sent in my entry. :D I'm really excited for this contest! C: Good luck to everyone. n.n

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
I've finished my entry, but am currently undergoing finalizing editing/revising. Expect it by the end of the night, or tomorrow, as well as a confirmation post in here.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Mine's done. It ended up being quite a bit longer than I would've liked, but first I want to have a few friends look it over for me. I'll submit it tomorrow, before I go to school. Is that acceptable?

Back