• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
Just in case LaZ did not look into this yet, trying to get to Lapras is completely bugged. If you try to get to Lapras on Friday, around 20 steps before the pond where Lapras is, the game glitches HARD.

Also, I have recently been wondering what the Outskirt Island was for. After searching on google, it seems that pedestals should be there so that flutes can be placed on them, making the three legendary birds catch-able in certain caves. However, all there is are a few spots that say that the land is mysterious or something. There are no pedestals. Just an area of gray-purple dirt. What needs to be done to make the pedestals appear?

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
The link to the Latest Live Beta is in the first post of this thread, look for the live log link in the 1st post that should take you to the right place.

on latest live beta is same

f3degg.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2014
How do you get to the Orange Islands to get the ball for Oak? The boat isn't sailing from Vermilion nor Olivine, so I don't know what to do.

Also, there's some move tutor issues. Salamence and Latios can't learn Dragon Claw, Salamence can't learn Flamethrower, and Typhlosion can learn Ice Beam. Though that last one is actually pretty sweet.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
S/G/C is my favorite generation because Johto had ALOT of rewarding hidden places and items you could find by exploring. It also had an excellent main game and then a well developed and nostalgic post-game in Kanto.

Whilst i don't want to start a big, long debate, Kanto was in no way well developed in the original S/G/C. It was cut down to the bare minimum, reportedly because of cart size limits. LZ did do a good job of expanding it though like you said.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
than how I can finish this great game ?

Are you ABSOLUTELY positive that you are using the LIVE BETA? Because I had the same problem you do but when I switched to the Live Beta, it was fixed.

Your other option is to use this cheat to walk through the wall. This will at least allow you to complete the game:

M) Must Be On
72BC6DFB E9CA5465
A47FB2DC 1AF3CA86

Ghost (Walk Through Walls)
509197D3 542975F4
78DA95DF 44018CB4

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
You're the actual Nacho and not a pretender? Nice.

and I'm guessing this hack doesn't work on PSP emulators huh? v_V

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2012
Sorry if this has already been answered but I don't really want to go through the 80 pages of posts to verify... Can anyone tell me where to find a moon stone in the 3.1 beta?

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Thank you so much for this! Gen 2 was always my favorite gen, and when the DS games introduced Lyra I just found myself missing Kris a lot. This brings back Kris as well as a nice, refreshing take on the series. :D Silver and Elm really crack me up in this version.

I hate to be a bother, but I do have a question. It's a bit odd, but is there a way to get this without the new custom sprites? They are lovely but... Sometimes on VBA for mac they seem to glitch a bit into Missingnos. (I did use a clean Rom so not entirely sure why...)

Sorry to be a pest and thank you so much!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
Your other option is to use this cheat to walk through the wall. This will at least allow you to complete the game:

M) Must Be On
72BC6DFB E9CA5465
A47FB2DC 1AF3CA86

Ghost (Walk Through Walls)
509197D3 542975F4
78DA95DF 44018CB4

thanks it helped me, now I can play next this game

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Hey... just wanted to bring this to the attention of a Liquid Crystal coder... I reported awhile back that I think Sunny Day & Rain Dance aren't boosting / reducing Fire & Water moves as they should be. I *think* the Elemental equip items (Charcoal, Mystic Water, etc.) are also broken. I have a theory that when one bypasses the part of the code that determines Special/Physical based on type, one may also be bypassing certain elemental boost effects. Its something that a coder may want to look into via a debugger.

I'm playing on the GameBoid if that helps.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hey... just wanted to bring this to the attention of a Liquid Crystal coder... I reported awhile back that I think Sunny Day & Rain Dance aren't boosting / reducing Fire & Water moves as they should be. I *think* the Elemental equip items (Charcoal, Mystic Water, etc.) are also broken. I have a theory that when one bypasses the part of the code that determines Special/Physical based on type, one may also be bypassing certain elemental boost effects. Its something that a coder may want to look into via a debugger.

I'm playing on the GameBoid if that helps.

Interestingly, a few days ago, I stumbled across a section of code which was indeed broken. I am not actually sure what the effect it controls are, but there's a bunch of type based checks, which all obviously fail because it's the category byte it's checking it against instead of the type.

All the "Raises X Moves in a pinch" abilities are broken due to the physical/special split as well.

This may or may not be the cause of the glitch you have indicated, but it's another problem I spotted either way.

I found this because the return point of one of my new ability routines is the start of this problematic area. I fixed it on the 649 patch by returning earlier and putting code to calculate the type on the fly for that bit of code, and slightly modified the commands following to use it, but it's harder to do for LC because said extra ability routine is obviously not included.

EDIT: Tracked down the buggy routine. It's at 0x3F4FE. Easy fix for me with the 649 Patch, but LC will be more difficult.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
go despite existing heart of gold I am happy to continue with the remakes and this seems just great that shyni gold lol, I regret not having gone to comment before the game is great and I like how you've unwrapped all aspects but as I said in terms of graphics reminds me a shiny gold xD I would change that, in order're doing a great job I hope to see a little more later this hack;) greetings luck.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
there are no pedestals in the recent live beta, how did you put the flutes in the grey space on outskirt island? i tried dropping them and it didnt work.... i also have the black and white flutes and a slowking cuz i watch the movie and i just said what ever i'll try it lol, but i still cant get the pedestals to show on the game

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Interestingly, a few days ago, I stumbled across a section of code which was indeed broken. I am not actually sure what the effect it controls are, but there's a bunch of type based checks, which all obviously fail because it's the category byte it's checking it against instead of the type.

All the "Raises X Moves in a pinch" abilities are broken due to the physical/special split as well.

This may or may not be the cause of the glitch you have indicated, but it's another problem I spotted either way.

I found this because the return point of one of my new ability routines is the start of this problematic area. I fixed it on the 649 patch by returning earlier and putting code to calculate the type on the fly for that bit of code, and slightly modified the commands following to use it, but it's harder to do for LC because said extra ability routine is obviously not included.

EDIT: Tracked down the buggy routine. It's at 0x3F4FE. Easy fix for me with the 649 Patch, but LC will be more difficult.

Huh, that's a shame. Kind of sucks when a bunch of items/moves/abilities are broken, but I guess its a "Beta" for a reason. You think you or someone else will be able to fix this for Liquid Crystal?

You know... added to the fact that LC doesn't introduce the new Gen IV moves that balanced the Physical/Special split and all the problems it seems to cause, I think I'd prefer that Liquid Crystal not use the feature at all. After all, Crystal didn't have the split either so in a sense its not as "nostalgic" anyway. I kind of miss my Elemental punch Alakazam and such from those days.

Is there any way to make a patch that removes the Physical / Special split all together? I'd actually appreciate two versions of this hack, one with the feature and one without.

Last edited:
Back