• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Zapper chuckled happily as Yuki petted her in gratitude for helping her find Amber. She thought she saw something close to the beach, as she turned her head to look in that direction. They would have to come for a drink eventually...maybe she would see them near the water. Zapper quickly took off towards the bushes and trees near the beach, keeping her eyes open for any movement. She also saw Birdy in the air, searching, as well. Maybe they could work together for the sake of the Cyndaquils that went missing. She quickly headed for the water.

Shawn had fini

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

siiadams said:
Zapper chuckled happily as Yuki petted her in gratitude for helping her find Amber. She thought she saw something close to the beach, as she turned her head to look in that direction. They would have to come for a drink eventually...maybe she would see them near the water. Zapper quickly took off towards the bushes and trees near the beach, keeping her eyes open for any movement. She also saw Birdy in the air, searching, as well. Maybe they could work together for the sake of the Cyndaquils that went missing. She quickly headed for the water.

Shawn had been waiting outside for a good few minutes, starting to get worried. Off in the distance, he saw a rock-shape heading towards them. It was Rayha, with Kiki riding him. Why was she coming with Rayha when she needed to help Yuki with her search? Alex looked a little sad, walking behind them. Shawn would make a mental note to talk to him when all this calms down. He still hadn't made it to the pokemon center to heal his Shellder! He kinda waved a hand at them, letting them know he was there.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Kiki

Kiki was absolutely not alright. She was so focused on Andy that she had shut most everything else out entirely. She looked up and spotted Shawn and waved him over, turning back to look at Alex as well. Her face was full of determination and looking very very worried. She bit her lips, making a swift desicion.

"Shawn... Um... Tell Alex which room is yours then go to the closest pokemon center and find a nurse and bring her back here... And Alex, here, take these. Put Andy in Shawn's room and stay with him, giving him one periodically... I'm going back to find Yuki..." she said, sounding suddenly confident. She handed Alex the chips and ran off, not waiting to see if they would listen. Shawn had been here longest, so he knew his way around better. Those were Oran Chips, so they would help Andy with whatever was hurting him. And someone should stay with Andy in case he got worse. And Cynder was missing, and if she had heard right Amber was too. The missing pokemon, Cynder especially, needed to be found. Of course, she couldn't explain these thoughts to her own mind, so how could she put them into words for her friends? She merely had to trust that they understood her as well as they seemed to.

Crystallized

Always here. Always there.
Years
"Sure..." Was all Alex was able to mumble out before Kiki ran off, waking the bag of chips and looking at them, sighing softly... He better get over it and cheer up... He shouldn't be sad on a day like this.
"Rayha. Lets go, ready when you are Shawn." Alex said, not sounding happy nor sad, but ready to follow him wherever he needs to. Rahya replied by a brief now and a nuzzle to Alex, looking at him with a concerned expressions.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Catches saw clearly that both Zapper and Birdy were searching for the missing Cyndaquil. He didn't leave Yuki's side, for her own sake. A wild pokémon could appear at any time and attack, after all. With a bright smile, he gave Yuki a thumbs up and signalled to the two flying pokemon conducting their aerial search as if to say "No worries, they'll find her in no time!". Of course, he couldn't see any sign of either little ones, but he kept his defiant, determined look all the same.

Andy seemed comforted by the presence of voices about him. The intense look that had been on his face since the headache began started to slowly but surely die off. "What... Are you...?" Shawn murmured in his sleep as the oran chip was slipped into his mouth. "What... Are you...?"
-----​
The thick, blinding mist was beginning to lift and obfuscating all within less and less. Andy was able to start making out shapes in the mist. Something seemed to literally be part of the mist, and the other was simply on the ground, legs crossed and hands on it's knees... As if meditating. Were they pokémon? Andy cast his mind back and remarkably... Remembered one of them as clear as day! It was the meditate pokémon, Meditite! But what was it doing in this big field... And what was the other thing? The thing that looked like a purple haze with eyes and fangs...? Andy couldn't make head nor tail of all this. None of it made sense.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Academy Grounds
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie seemed to consider what Kilik said, reaching a hand up to pet the Kiyoko-bulge within her scarf some more before responding. "I just caught him just now..." she said, trying to forsee whether Kiyoko would be the source of continued angst as she tried to train him not to replace people's cigars with dynamite and other such terrifying pranks. She somehow didn't think it seemed like him, but then again she was but a girl! What claim did she have to being a good judge of character? None! She supposed she'd just have to keep her hopes up and do.... /something/ if she was wrong. As the group approached the door Valorie sped up a bit to move ahead of them as they exited the building, taking several long steps foward, given her shortness, before turning in a somewhat cheery manner to face the boys--and mother dear. "Alright... Dragonite can get us there in no-time!~" she exclaimed, pride leaking into her tone, before proceeding to pluck a pokeball from her satchel and toss it out. From it emerged a rather humongous dragonite that was... probably familiar to everyone except Kilik. The large pokemon stood at an unusual 12'1'' and sported a girth to match it's extraordinary height.

...Was that /healthy/?

Satirical questions aside, Valorie totally just stood there for a moment in front of her dragonite, facing the crowd. Her mother seemed to find Dragonite surprising for one reason or another and chuckled at her appearance. "I remember when you were just an egg that could fit in Valorie's hat~" Valorie's mom remarked as Dragonite hunched over Valorie in a curious manner, just sort of staring at the Kiyoko-bulge in Valorie's scarf all like 'What's all this about huh?'

"H-heh.. yeah. Dragonite'll get us there in no time" Valorie said in a confident tone, albeit slightly awkward around her mother. She then proceeded to move around and climb up Dragonite's side with a bit of effort. Given Dragonite's size, there was plenty of space for everyone. The question was, who would sit where? LET THE GAMES BEGIN

(Warning: A minor time skip will occur in my next post.)

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark was half expecting Dragonite to give him a bear hug again like the other times. Mark figured that she still saw him as a father figure... its been so long since that incident... he never really liked bringing it up to others but when he did, he always left out the part where Valorie saved his life. He had a lot to owe her... he just wished he could express it openly without getting so flustered over it. Mark liked her for a long time and every time he tried something tended to get in the way. Mark wondered what she felt about him after all this time.

Mark followed Val onto Dragonite, sitting fairly close to her. If he knew Dragonite, she'd probably be a bit upset if her "Mom and dad" were separate. He wanted to sit next to her anyways, if she didn't mind of course.

Snype had jumped onto Dragonite as well, still chattering with Mistress.

"Hehe, of course I've been doing good! Psst... Remember that ship that was flying over the sky?" Snype smirked and let her guess, not expecting her to believe he was involved with that whole thing. "Kehe, of course... that was awhile ago. I may have gotten a little rusty in the past few days. Me and Mark have been busy training and such. How've you been?" Snype asked.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Spider was struck by the blades of air, tumbling over several times before regaining her footing, glaring up at Skarmony. Thanks to her typing Spider wasn't as vulnerable to flying types as most bug types were, but that didn't mean they could just shrug them off and ignore them. It was time to go on the offensive.

"Up. Electroweb." Nika said calmly.

Spider used the leaping ability she had displayed earlier, jumping up into the air. Although not at the level of Skarmony's flight, it helped to close the gap as Spider spat out lengths of sticky webbing. At first glance the move looked like a simple String Shot, but the keen observer would notice sparks of electricity charging the web.

This was where things would start to come together if Tristen didn't have a trick up her sleeve. Not only would Electroweb be damaging, it would also slow the bird of prey down even more.​

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Ciel

Ciel smiled weakly. "I was... looking for my class," he admitted after a few moments. "I got lost." He stroked Brie's white fur, earning a curious ruby look and a delighted tackle of his chest. The baby tried to feebly reach paws closer to the boy's torso. He wants to cuddle... thought the boy with a small giggle, allowing it with a small laugh. Brie seemed to forget Brian's existence, returning to occupying all of his trainer's attention.

"Stay!" growled the small Pokemon. Ciel smiled shyly and poked its nose, earning delighted little whines.

Asha

Ooh, boy was he just frosty. Kilita sure was happy though, easily bowling her over and licking her as customary. "Heya!" she murmured over the slobber, barely sensing the student disappear away. She didn't even wave, likely believing they were going in a different direction than expected. Gently she reached out and stroked Kilita's head. "Nice to see you too Drakey' m'boy," she hummed over the slobber.

I don't think he wants to see you m'lady, Kira deadpanned as he exited his Pokeball. The Lucario raised an eyebrow at the other man before closing his eyes and stepping away from them, as though he were too cool to be seen anywhere near.

"Could not have guessed. Really Kira, you deserve a degree for being that smart.' Ash just smirked from the ground, teal eyes watching Draco's aura with a deceptively good cheer. "I'll have you know that I earned my degree and position, same as everybody else. If anyone is insane, it is my teachers. Besides, he allowed you to be here too so he must have resigned himself somehow."

She laughed. "Ease up sour-puss! We're colleagues today! No need to be so gosh darn uncomfortable!"

???

He smiled at the Arcanine. "Well, just where is the fun in that?" He clicked his fingers. "Doom, fetch~" The hound barked joyfully and leaped into the air, body glowing a pale white. Return, what a fun and dangerous move. Sparx gave a small, gentle huff and padded off. That woman was taking so long.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Bonsi
(Atop the Volcano)
I approach Ethan after my friend apologizes, and I curl up with him, to show him I do not fear him anymore. I actually quite enjoy him, he is very nice and we have a lot in common. Especially with the fact that we are both shy! One thing I would love to do is battle his Quilava. Wait! That's it! I could probably get him to his feet if he had the fun of battle! I can't speak English, though... Wait! Tetra followed us here! Maybe she can speak English, due to her being a Psychic type. I ask her,"Will you ask Orange if he would ask Ethan to a battle? You know, if you can speak English..."

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Tetra

I approach Ethan along with my friends and stand back. They all apologize, and the Bonsly walks up to Ethan.

"Will you ask Orange if he would ask Ethan to a battle? You know, if you can speak English..." The Bonsly asks. I nod, and turn to Orange.

Orange, your Bonsly wishes me to ask you to battle Ethan. Perhaps a battle between two beginning trainers would help him. I say. I then walk over to Ethan and speak to his Quilava.

I apologize for any problems that I may have caused. I can understand your reaction better than you may think. But now, now is the time to prepare for battle. Do not fear, for your opponent is weak. I say, hoping to cheer him up. I then back away, ready to watch the match and help Ethan if needed.

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
James "Jay" Rybak
"Go Bonsi!" Orange yelled, "Nothing is worth committing suicide over! You are not getting away with that as long as I'm with you. As for Ethan, I am also very sorry... My Pokemon started the fight, and look Bonsi is even apologizing."

"Bon! Bon!"said the Bonsly.

"See, it's not either of your guys' fault. If anything it's mine. I'm very sorry. Are we all still friends?" asked Orange as he extended each of his hands toward me and Ethan. I grabbed Orange's hand with my left hand.

I had snapped out of my suicidal thoughts. I realized what I just said, and blush in embarrassment. Suddenly, I remembered that I had forgotten something. I had forgotten to bring my medicine to Oak Island keep my depression dormant. When I was a young twelve year old, I had caught the mental illness of depression. Three people who were very close to me had left, leaving myself to wallow in my tears. Two of them had died in a train crash, and the other ran away due to the death of my two close friends. At that time, I felt like my world was ending. It was my fault that this happened. I should have prevented them from boarding the train. I should have stopped their fates. I just want to go back in time to save them! But I can't, I can't go back in time! All because I can't change my stupid past!

I felt so paralyzed that I did not realize that I fell over. Tears were pouring out of my eyes. I could do nothing about it…I was just…too paralyzed…it was as if lightning hit me. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't as I was too paralyzed in my state of depression. I just can't…ARGH. I clutched my head as I felt my head aching.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Tetra

I am watching the proceedings when Jay falls over for no obvious reason. I run over to him, and crouch next to him. I signal for the others to stay back.

What is wrong Jay? You may think your answer if you must. I say, and inadvertently get pulled into Jay's personal thoughts. I see that two of his friends died in a train accident, and the other ran away.

I-I'm sorry... I did not intend to invade your personal mind... I say, blushing. I stay crouched near Jay and reach out to one of his Pokéballs. I releasethe bird Pokémon inside, seeing that it is Emil, one of the more levelheaded of the trio.

Emil, does this happen often? If so, do you know how to cure it? I say.

Last edited:

siiadams

Years
Shawn, with Alex's help, managed to get Andy to his room and onto the bed. "Thanks for your help, bud," he said, a little out of breath, "Now to get a nurse." With those words, he rushed out of the room and out into the open.

Racing to the town as quickly as he could, Shawn started thinking about how well they all were working together. "If we want to get to know each other better," he thought, "next time, we'd better have a cookout or something instead."

Bursting through the door to the pokemon center, startling the nurse at the front desk, Shawn was panting as he approached. "What do you think you're doing, young man? You almost gave me a heart attack!" she exclaimed when he got near the counter. "I'm sorry, ma'am," he responded, still a little winded, "but there's an emergency. A friend of mine...I was told he suffered from a huge headache, causing him to grow weak in the legs, eventually passing out. I was hoping you could see what was wrong with him. Can you come and have a look at him?"

The nurse, listening to his tale, decided to help him. "Ok," she said, "I'll help, but you can ride over to the academy on my scooter. It'll get us there quicker." She led him outside, behind the pokemon center, where she parks her scooter. The nurse hops on and Shawn slides on behind her, his arms wrapped around her waist. They leave the pokemon center, heading to the school.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Yuki In all the flurry of things, Yuki felt quite confused at what was going on around her. Her friends were running around everywhere; it was very difficult to keep track of what they were doing. She shook her head, refocusing at the task she had at hand, and began walking slowly towards the beach, following Zapper as she flew off in the direction of the bushes and trees near her destination. "Amber might have gone back to the beach, it was where we had started this whole journey after all," Yuki thought to herself. After a few minutes, she arrived, standing on the white sand with the waves gently lapping the shore just a few feet away from her.

Yuki looked around and spotted two shapes on the beach near her. One of them looked like it was on fire and was advancing on the other. Were they Pokemon…? She searched her memory for fire-type Pokemon and instantly thought of Cyndaquil. Amber!! It must be her! "Amber?" Yuki called towards the two shapes, beginning to walk quickly towards them. Oddly, they didn't seem to notice her call. Was she too soft? "Amber!!" she tried again. It was no use.

Amber neared the sound of the water source, only to discover that it was the sound of the waves on the beach that she had been hearing all this time. She sighed, sitting down near the water's edge, when all of a sudden; she spotted another Cyndaquil lying down about 10 feet away from her, looking very exhausted and nervous. Amber recognized that Pokemon instantly. Cynder! Amber, all thoughts of finding her trainer wiped from her mind and instead filled with rivalry once again, hopped to her feet and started towards the Pokemon of similar species, growling with fiery flames bursting from her back. She did not notice Yuki calling after her as her mind was too focused on Cynder.

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
Emil-Swablu
I felt someone releasing me out of my Pokeball. I could feel my body materialize on a ground. I took a sight around me. The white-haired trainer was sitting on a large rock with his Quilava next to him. Bonsi was near the white-haired trainer. There was the trainer that Jay met while going to the human town was here too. Miss Tetra was next to Jay who was collapsed on the ground. Wait a minute…Jay! Jay's hands were clutching his head, and a river of tears was coming out of his eyes. Oh Arceus, it happened again! I flew to near Jay's head to wipe his tears gently with my cotton-like wings. I cuddled next to him to try to comfort him. I saw Jay make a slight smile from his thin lips on his wet, pinkish face, even though tears were still pouring out of his eyes. Jay…his depression, what Samuel called it, was hurting Jay again. I have to help Jay somehow.

Tetra spoke to me, "Emil, does this happen often? If so, do you know how to cure it?"

I was afraid of disturbing Jay, instead of talking, I softly whispered to the Gardevoir," This happens when Jay forgets to take some kind of human food called pills which he rarely does. I don't know how to cure depression, but I could only comfort Jay when something similar to this happens. I wish I could help cure Jay from his depression, but I can't. I think Sam might be able to help. Samuel usually knows what to do and he is the smartest Pokemon I know, but Sam is still in his Pokeball. I'm sorry for what happened recently, and that I can't help much on what happened to Jay."

Last edited:

siiadams

Years
Zapper came around towhere Yuki was to see two pokemon in the sands. Both were Cyndaquils...and one was advancing on the other. Why were they fighting at a time like this? She flew towards the two fire-types, trying to stop the fight. She let loose a ThunderShock in-between the two pokemon, purposely missing them both, to get their attention.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Tetra

I heed Emil's words, and pick up Samuel's Pokéball. I release him, and gesture to Jay, who I pick up and hold, as a mother would her child.

Emil has told me that you know what to do. Can you help? I say. I look around, and saw Ethan skulking into the forest. I make no mention of this, and turn instead to Orange.

Emil tells me that Jay needs antidepressant pills. Do you happen to know where one may get some? I ask. I stroke Jay's hair, and try my best to comfort him.

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
Samuel-Pidgey
Once again, someone had freed me from my Pokeball. Emil was cuddling James who was held by a Gardevoir who is most likely Tetra. James's face was scrunched in pain, even though the Swablu and the Gardevoir tried to comfort him. James…he must have gotten a depression attack again. I took a deep breath to stay calm. Within my mind, I formulated an idea of what actions to take in this situation.

As I continued to form my plan, the Gardevoir asked me, "Emil has told me that you know what to do. Can you help?"

"Of course," I answered," I would like to present to you to my current plan to cure James. First, let Emil use Sing to cause Jay to fall asleep and to prevent James from being in more mental pain. Please make sure to notify everyone here, except for Emil and James, to cover their ears when Emil uses Sing. After James falls into a deep slumber, Tetra would you place James on the ground gently. Tetra, since you know English, I assume you could write in English, a note, by using a piece of paper in James's notebook which is inside his messenger bag. If you could not write in English, give Orange the paper to write on. Write "This is an emergency. A trainer had forgotten his anti-depressants. He is currently going through a depression attack. Could you please give the Starly a bottle of anti-depressant pills to give it to the trainer?" After that, release Nalafari from his Pokeball. Tetra, notify Nalafari about our current situation. Since Nalafari is the fastest flyer on my team, let him carry the note. Our two possible locations of where we should give the note to get the anti-depressants would be the Pokemon Trainer Academy or the pharmacy at Oak Town. Our best option would be the pharmacy as the people at the Pokemon Trainer Academy might think Nalafari is a wild Starly. With a seventy-five percent chance, Nalafari would most likely return with the medicine. "

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Tetra

I waited as Samuel laid out his plan. I nod, and write the note, my flowing script covering the first few lines. I then release Nafarli and hand him the note.

You need to fly to the Pharmacy in Oak Town as soon as possible. If you see him, go to Master Yew. Fly swift, my friend. I say. I then tell Orange and Bonsi to plug their ears.

Whenever you are ready Emil. I say, covering my own ears against the incoming sleep move.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Clearing--Battle]

Tristen observed from the ground as the Joltik spat out the electrically charged webbing towards her Skarmory. Knowing fully well that the attack would land a hit anyways, Tristen called out to the steel bird. "Dive, Skarmory! Sky Drop!"

Immediately, the 5'7" bird launched his full weight at the Joltik, diving headlong into the webbing, using nothing but that initial push, the force of gravity, and his momentum to carry himself through the Electroweb and straight towards the small spider, therefore minimizing the amount of movement to compensate for the effects of Thunder Wave. He bulleted through the electricity and for a few seconds felt its effects; however, he continued diving, since he was exerting no effort in his arrow-like course towards his opponent. After that, Skarmory immediately displayed his talons to prepare to snatch the yellow pokemon out of midair before it had the chance to gain footing on the ground and dodge.

Tristen calculated in her head, using some past scientific knowledge to her advantage. Thanks to the effects of gravitational freefall, the Joltik should be unable to move its position while in midair to dodge the attack, and once Skarmory managed to grab a hold of the small pokemon, he should be able to execute the attack without much interference since Sky Drop was the only move that rendered an opponent's pokemon totally immobile while in use.

The 110 lb. bird approached contact distance within moments of Joltik's initial attack, almost appearing as a silver blur with his speed provided by, essentially, physics. That may be an electric-type pokemon, Tristen thought, but that doesn't negate our experience paired with overall strength.

Back