• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Raaxon

Sephiroth never stood a chance
Years
Hey, Cutlerine. I thought of some pokemon you could put in near the start of the game.

Pichu or Mareep for Electric types, or even Elekid.

And for fire types, Vulpix, or Growlithe.

Oh, and TheRkyeet! I've just been watching Gurren Lagann, so I had a mini-awesomegasm at your Trainer Card. Nice work, man. Those pokemon are pretty much perfect for him, too.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Hey, Cutlerine. I thought of some pokemon you could put in near the start of the game.

Pichu or Mareep for Electric types, or even Elekid.

And for fire types, Vulpix, or Growlithe.

Oh, and TheRkyeet! I've just been watching Gurren Lagann, so I had a mini-awesomegasm at your Trainer Card. Nice work, man. Those pokemon are pretty much perfect for him, too.

Can't be Mareep, because Mareep is used by one of the Deadly Seven, and their Pokémon are all either gifts to you at the end of the game or are caught in high-level areas. Can't be Elekid, because right now that evolves into Electabugs the zombiemon.

The Electric type will be Pikachu. The Fire type will be Vulpix, as Growlithe is a pet.

(Facepalm) OK, I used walk thru walls and that woman gave me Archie's speech. Now I'm stuck. The elder still won't give me the Yellow Vespa. HELP!!!!!

Sequence of events in the desert:

1) Defeat Alicia.

2) Go to Shakya Monastery via the downward exit to Frigid Way.

3) Talk to the Elder.

4) Defeat the Shiny Aerodactyl that Sage Izumii is battling in the desert.

5) Speak to Sage Izumii in the desert.

6) Return to the Monastery and speak to the Elder.

7) Travel to the peak of the mountain - the sage will let you through now - defeat half of the Deadly Seven and watch the battle between Famine and Chloe. After that, Chloe will invite you to visit her house.

8) Return to the Monastery and fight your way up the Shakyamuni Tower, then defeat Elder Longwei at the top. He will make a gift to you of the Yellow Vespa, that well-known spacecraft.

Cutlerine

Years
Well, Pichu and Growlithe are better than nothing, I suppose. Thanks man. Much appreciated.

Not Pichu. Pikachu. In what kind of a twisted world would you be able to catch wild Pichu?

Oh, wait. Probably Snakewood's one. Never mind.

But yeah, they'll just be Pikachu, because you never see wild Pichu except in Sinnoh's Trophy Garden.

Also, I said Vulpix, not Growlithe. Growlithe is a pet, remember? So he can't be caught wild.

Last edited:

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Holy snap I cannot not find the girl who likes shinx that I can trade the cat's eye to. I've been looking for 2 hours. Holy crap. Will someone please tell me where she is?

Cutlerine

Years
Holy snap I cannot not find the girl who likes shinx that I can trade the cat's eye to. I've been looking for 2 hours. Holy crap. Will someone please tell me where she is?

I'm going to hate myself for this, but:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Minihack Revelation #1:

There is a choice of two starters in the Mini-hack. They are two of the possible starters that will feature in Keratin. Unlike Koffing, Baltoy and Paras, they are completely new and have some surprising features that you might not be expecting...

Expect more to come.

Last edited:

Ragnia

Hello
Years
If I am correct you give the Patchi Sword to Don Patch. Who according to Jakkinho is on top of Mt.Chimney as he is in the screenie on page 16. BUt for me he's not there. So do you actually give the patchi sword to him or someone else? Just say whether you give it to him or not don't give me any hints.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
EDIT: Nevermind. I found the person who wanted the Cat's Eye. And now that I have the bird, I sit and wait for the person to trade that to...

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
If I am correct you give the Patchi Sword to Don Patch. Who according to Jakkinho is on top of Mt.Chimney as he is in the screenie on page 16. BUt for me he's not there. So do you actually give the patchi sword to him or someone else? Just say whether you give it to him or not don't give me any hints.

He is up there - but those of you who fought Elder Longwei before the update, as I warned you about a while ago, will not find him up there. Don Pachi is hidden from view. I'll implement a way of revealing him in tomorrow's update, and in that update only.

You do give the Pachi Sword to him, though. I mean, come on. Who else would have the Pachi Sword? Although I guess giving him the Pachi Hammer would make more sense...

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Theres a typo when I got the cats eye it is called the Dat's Eye.
Edit: Is the girl who likes the shinx in new mauville?

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
Theres a typo when I got the cats eye it is called the Dat's Eye.
Edit: Is the girl who likes the shinx in new mauville?

No idea what happened to your Cat's Eye. For me, and seemingly for everyone else, it's the plain old Cat's Eye, that wondrous contraption that makes night driving so much safer.

The Shinx-loving girl can be found, and I quote myself here:

Spoiler:

Years
A glitch I found, but I'm not sure if it is fixed:

The Wise Sage in Route 134 where the Dragon Tamer used to be has some odd text and it goes on forever. I am not sure whether or not it was fixed though.

Cutlerine

Years
A glitch I found, but I'm not sure if it is fixed:

The Wise Sage in Route 134 where the Dragon Tamer used to be has some odd text and it goes on forever. I am not sure whether or not it was fixed though.

It's OK, it's been fixed.

The new IPS is now here! The Abandoned Mines await adventurers, and so does a long-lost comrade! Discover miners, villains, heroes, doctors and much stupidity within this next installment in Pokémon Snakewood Version!

Whoa. Did I just write that? I should work in advertising.

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Cuterline:The new IPS is now here! The Abandoned Mines await adventurers, and so does a long-lost comrade! Discover miners, villains, heroes, doctors and much stupidity within this next installment in Pokémon Snakewood Version!

YESS!!! I've been looking to this day,now I thought you were gonna show us a piece of that mini-hack your working on.
Edit: I can only play until I finish the mines which I just did....oh well....I'll just sit with my -epic pokemon blackthorn gives to you in the end of the mines insert name here-XD

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
Cuterline:The new IPS is now here! The Abandoned Mines await adventurers, and so does a long-lost comrade! Discover miners, villains, heroes, doctors and much stupidity within this next installment in Pokémon Snakewood Version!

YESS!!! I've been looking to this day,now I thought you were gonna show us a piece of that mini-hack your working on.
Edit: I can only play until I finish the mines which I just did....oh well....I'll just sit with my -epic pokemon blackthorn gives to you in the end of the mines insert name here-XD

Oh yeah, the minihack.

The title is Pokémon Cangrejo, and it is set on the submarine 3 days before it reached Hoenn, when Usher wasn't quite so alone aboard it...

Sneak preview: who has taken all the prizes?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Cutlerine, I noticed that the entrance to the submarine is still in Meteor Falls when you encounter Horseman War (Deathcller Alice), and I was wondering why it was still there or why there's no exit if you drop down in there again.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
Help after elite 4

I just beat the elite 4 for the first time, and can't figure out where to go. I've checked all the old towns for story events, and i can't find any and i haven't received any more calls from the professor either. Can someone help please. Thanks in advance.

p.s. the only patch I've used is the one that came out on Wednesday.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2020
Hey can someone tell me how to fight Esau. I've fought each of the trainers and gotten to the end and all there is a mirror. I've done each of the options that come it comes up with when you try to talk to it. I've read Genesis 25 and I have a feeling it has something to do with the fact that Esau got his name from being hairy. Can someone please help me.

Back