• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
Years
Quick 2 questions..
I re-did the thing for the title screen (The "POKEMON BLAHBLAH VERSION" part). Now, it's perfectly fine. Nothing is out of order.

1) But when uploaded to unLZgba.. please rewind the previous sentence and turn it into negatives.
A Bunch of random pixels appear onto the image when after I pres "write to rom". Well first off,
after I import th image it's completely fine. After write to rom, it's fine. But when I changed the image and go back to it.. "WTF!?" Yep. Totally screwed..

2) Also, the correct size for the image I imported seems to have dissapeeared in 256 bit mode. In 16 (was it 32?) bit mode, the actual size for the image I made (which I exported out of unLZgba itself) is there. But not on the mode I need.

Anyone mind solving these mini mysteries? thanks!

OH Also, if anyone could help out and tell me how to make the intro paragraph with the pikachu in the corner say something. No, not the pikachu, the paragraph. After being edited on A-Text and opening up the hack, after two lines of words the rest of the paragraph gets cuts off and just shows the down arrow symbol, like when you press A button to continue the sentence. But obviously, if you press the a button, it flips over to the next page -_-'

So if anyone could tell me how to fix this it'd be a great help. THANKS!

Last edited:

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
does any one know where to get the MPlayDef.s file?

Years
How do I stop the Random letters from appearing over the name?
(too lazy to upload the pic on another site)
It appears normally at first then looks like that
l
l
l
\./​

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
l
l
l
\./​

it could be the script lemme see it

Years
it could be the script lemme see it
Spoiler:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Thank you so much, you would think this would be emphasized more in the tutorial.
Thanks again!

EDIT;

Ok, I tried this and it still didn't work. No matter what I do to the dynamic code, after compiling and closing, it goes back to what it was. I know I'm doing it just like the tutorials... am I missing something?
Maybe the rom file has been set to Read-Only? Have you tried using static offsets?

Quick 2 questions..
I re-did the thing for the title screen (The "POKEMON BLAHBLAH VERSION" part). Now, it's perfectly fine. Nothing is out of order.

1) But when uploaded to unLZgba.. please rewind the previous sentence and turn it into negatives.
A Bunch of random pixels appear onto the image when after I pres "write to rom". Well first off,
after I import th image it's completely fine. After write to rom, it's fine. But when I changed the image and go back to it.. "WTF!?" Yep. Totally screwed..

2) Also, the correct size for the image I imported seems to have dissapeeared in 256 bit mode. In 16 (was it 32?) bit mode, the actual size for the image I made (which I exported out of unLZgba itself) is there. But not on the mode I need.

Anyone mind solving these mini mysteries? thanks!

OH Also, if anyone could help out and tell me how to make the intro paragraph with the pikachu in the corner say something. No, not the pikachu, the paragraph. After being edited on A-Text and opening up the hack, after two lines of words the rest of the paragraph gets cuts off and just shows the down arrow symbol, like when you press A button to continue the sentence. But obviously, if you press the a button, it flips over to the next page -_-'

So if anyone could tell me how to fix this it'd be a great help. THANKS!

1) You need to repoint the image to a location in the rom with free space. Use a hex editor to find a place with a lot of FFFF. When you click the write to rom button, tick the Image Offset checkbox and change the image offset value.
2) Uhhh..... what? Thats weird. Are you sure? That shouldn't happen... what does it look like in-game?
3) Make sure to check the Special text checkbox before clicking save.

does any one know where to get the MPlayDef.s file?
It should come with Mid2GBA shouldn't it? Its against the rules to post a link to it anyway, try using Google.

l
l
l
\./​
Just change the name of the trainer. The text'll get repointed and that should fix it.

EDIT: It took me 20 minutes to write that? :S

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Just try copying all the important parts (except for the location of the offsets and compiling a new script.

It didn't work...it still changes after I compile it. More specifically, if I compile it and then exit the window, reopen the script for the character, and then it's gone. It's fine while editing, but when I reclick on the character, it's gone. This is really bad because the script to give the gym badge isn't even there. There's not even script to get the TM or when you talk to the leader again. Please help.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
@dshayabusa did it come with you're mid2gba?

and if you cant give me the link to it can you give me a link to the website that has it?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Sorry for probably simple questions but what are static offsets? And how do you set a rom to read only?
If the rom is in Read Only it won't be able to be edited. You don't want it to be in that mode. Right-Click go to properties and uncheck Read-Only.

Static offsets are #org 0x800000 as opposed to #org @start. You don't need to use #dynamic 0x800000 if you use static offsets. But if you use them you'll have to estimate the amount of space your routine (ie everything that is under #org 0x800000) will be taking up.

Hmmm I probably didn't explain it too well, try reading Darthatrons XSE tutorial, I think that has a better explanation.

It didn't work...it still changes after I compile it. More specifically, if I compile it and then exit the window, reopen the script for the character, and then it's gone. It's fine while editing, but when I reclick on the character, it's gone. This is really bad because the script to give the gym badge isn't even there. There's not even script to get the TM or when you talk to the leader again. Please help.
Check if the rom is in Read-Only mode. If so you'll have to disable it.

@dshayabusa did it come with you're mid2gba?

and if you cant give me the link to it can you give me a link to the website that has it?
I think thats against the rules too, if I posted it the mods will just delete it.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Check if the rom is in Read-Only mode. If so you'll have to disable it.

The ROM isn't read-only. I guess I'm going to have to take the event out? Then I might need help creating a new character and getting the script offset to go to the right place...oh well.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
well i open pokepic and go to advanced then type in the offset and select the part i want to insert and it says "commpresed size is 540(example). really insert?" say ok then ok and also tried clicking commpress/write back to rom once and when i load it in the emulator nothing changes. can someone who can help im with me so i try their advice while talk to them

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
The ROM isn't read-only. I guess I'm going to have to take the event out? Then I might need help creating a new character and getting the script offset to go to the right place...oh well.
Does it only happen with that one event?

well i open pokepic and go to advanced then type in the offset and select the part i want to insert and it says "commpresed size is 540(example). really insert?" say ok then ok and also tried clicking commpress/write back to rom once and when i load it in the emulator nothing changes. can someone who can help im with me so i try their advice while talk to them
Pokepic is quite old and I don't think it can repoint data. Use UNLZGBA to insert new pokemon. There are many tutorials available here that can tell you how to.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
@dshayabusa ive had the file the whole time omg so o i leave it in the mid2agb or put it in the sappy 2006 because when i assemble it says something Mplaydef.s file not found or something

thanks for reminding me

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
actually i mean title pics (few posts above i explained the problem and blazichu answer didnt work) do u know how?

you mean the ex. fire red version tthing?
its at 2009 for fire red check 256 color mode and black and white

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
I found a tutorial on this site (showthread.php?t=80975) and now I want to import the edited pictures to see how they look. I used pokepic to dump the images of the ruby title as .gba files and edited them in tile molester. now i want to see how they look but i dont know how to import them back in the rom.

Maybe just import the image over the offset using the "Import Image" button in Advanced Mode.

well i open pokepic and go to advanced then type in the offset and select the part i want to insert and it says "commpresed size is 540(example). really insert?" say ok then ok and i load in the emulator nothing happens. i also made an extra step and tried clicking commpress/write back to rom once and when i load it in the emulator still nothing changes. if i have to use another program thats fine, i just want to see how it looks in game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back