• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OOC: Atlantis Arising [M]

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
my drama was that i thought that all of the entire animal kingdom was a little too much? perhaps just one animal or an animal that sums up that entire family or a humanoid of such or something. it's like, every atlantean has a unique power and yours seems to take up a lot of those powers, y'know? d:

so... just pick... one... please... lol

Uh... I'm not quite following. Do you mean just have him turn into things like... If he could only be canines then he could be a wolf (or something) and every dog breed out there or if he can only be birds he would just be any type of bird? And for humanoid it'd be like a human and anything that walks on two legs.

I don't know if that's what you're saying, but it seems really really limited. I really don't know how I can expand if he is stuck to one animal or one genus. There's not much I can really do with it if he gets better at it.

And for the mythical creatures thing, I knew that was a stretch. XD I didn't think it'd get by I was just kind of toying with the idea. If it was approved it would have been something I probably wouldn't have used anyways, so that can be taken out easily. And for the insect thing that was me kind of thinking "What if he dropped a coin through a drain?" or something.

Edit:

Question. If I decided to change Jeri's ability (because of the broadness and all) could I make it Energy Conversion? Or is that too broad/too powerful/already taken by a character or NPC?

Last edited:

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Muahahaha! Big car hits small car! Go boom!

Admitedly, after I posted that, I started to think that maybe I had it set up a bit over powered and stuff...oh well.

And I really like how there is going to be more interaction between more and more people, should be great!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Uh... I'm not quite following. Do you mean just have him turn into things like... If he could only be canines then he could be a wolf (or something) and every dog breed out there or if he can only be birds he would just be any type of bird? And for humanoid it'd be like a human and anything that walks on two legs.

I don't know if that's what you're saying, but it seems really really limited. I really don't know how I can expand if he is stuck to one animal or one genus. There's not much I can really do with it if he gets better at it.

And for the mythical creatures thing, I knew that was a stretch. XD I didn't think it'd get by I was just kind of toying with the idea. If it was approved it would have been something I probably wouldn't have used anyways, so that can be taken out easily. And for the insect thing that was me kind of thinking "What if he dropped a coin through a drain?" or something.

Edit:

Question. If I decided to change Jeri's ability (because of the broadness and all) could I make it Energy Conversion? Or is that too broad/too powerful/already taken by a character or NPC?

If you explain what you mean by Energy Conversion, then we can cast a decision. As it stands, we don't have any NPC like that.

Kikpanther

Years
Energy conversion is when a person absorbs energy and turns it into something else. So, if absorbed, thermal energy can be converted into chemical energy, or chemical energy can be converted into mechanical or kinetic or potential or electrical or the others. I can imagine it'd be something very hard to control.

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Isnt the energy consumption ability a bit like Supervegeta's character? After all, he can absorb electricity (sorry, I cant remember his name), and then he can use that electricity in a variety of ways from what we have seen...

Kikpanther

Years
I think that ability applies only to electricity. This one applies to all forms of energy and the conversion process (I imagine) wouldn't pass as smoothly as just one form of energy. I believe it would take more concentration too. The energy also wouldn't absorb automatically (which I assume the other's does).

And I think his character's name is Leon Nef.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I think that ability applies only to electricity. This one applies to all forms of energy and the conversion process (I imagine) wouldn't pass as smoothly as just one form of energy. I believe it would take more concentration too. The energy also wouldn't absorb automatically (which I assume the other's does).

And I think his character's name is Leon Nef.

Sounds ok to me!

I'd think comparing it to Leon, your character wouldn't be as strong in electricity. Like a jack of all trades deal. Ok at everything as opposed to GREAT FANTASTIC SUPERB at one thing.

Kikpanther

Years
Yeah, that's fine. Like the energy isn't as strong in the first place and when it's converted it gets weaker (since conversions aren't 100% anyways).

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I'm in agreement with Skymin, Energy Conversion is fine. Welcome aboard.
When you have changed your SU, you can post your first post and we will organise you from there.

Kikpanther

Years
I changed my SU (the personality, history, and location along with the ability (a little of his looks too)), but before I post, do I have to go to a Atlantean Center? Can I have my character completely blow it off and stay home?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I changed my SU (the personality, history, and location along with the ability (a little of his looks too)), but before I post, do I have to go to a Atlantean Center? Can I have my character completely blow it off and stay home?

Its up to you what you do, but once you have posted, I will have a character come pick yours up.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Done. My power may be a bit over the top but I think the cons are good for it just as well. If anything needs to be removed, edited, and/or added, I'll do it as soon as I can.

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Main Information:

Name: Archie Reece Stevens
Height: 162cm /5' 4"
Weight: 64 kg 140 lb

Appearance:
Atlantean Tattoo: A twin lightning-bolt pattern running from his left shoulder to his right hip. The lightning-bolts run parallel to each other and are exact copies of one another.
Physical: Archie is a very skinny guy this combined with his pale complexion hives him a corpse like appearance. His black hair is of a moderate length and swept over his right side, partially covering his right eye. Archie has several streaks in his hair the most prominent is in his fringe over his right eye, his choice of colour varies but is currently an electric blue. The colour of his eyes is a rich emerald green that deeply contrasts his pale skin. Over all his facial features are slim, his nose is slender and his lips are very thin and even his eyebrows are very narrow. His ears are pierced as well he has several other piercings, mostly wearing studs in them. Being a musician he has slender fingers and playing the guitar has led him to develop calluses on his finger tips.
Clothing: Archie is a fan of simple clothing and has little sense of fashion. He will often be seen wearing a pair of jeans and one of his favourite and possibly garishly bright t-shirts, often with one of his favourite bands logos on. Rarely does he wear anything over a t-shirt but on the occasion that he does he chooses to wear a grey body warmer. On his feet he wears trainers with either odd trainer socks or no socks at all. This isn't a conscious choice, he simply doesn't bother to sort his socks into pairs before putting them on. On his left wrist he wears a digital wrist watch, the cheap sealed unit sports kind. On his other hand he wears a collection of wrist bands.

Personality:
All in all Archie is a fairly easy going guy. Generally he is a nice person to know and easy to get along with, that is when he isn't annoying the h*** out of you. When he is in one of his less helpful moods he is likely to be cracking jokes, often at the expense of others or doing really stupid stuff. He can at times be a bit of a chatter box, spurting random trivia or jokes but knows how to shut up when needed. In general he doesn't like to think about things too seriously but there are exceptions to this. A good example of this would be his work at university, as for a guy who spends his spare time goofing off and doing nothing but playing his guitar, he gets pretty good marks. Somewhere under his foolishness is actually a pretty smart guy who is just a little bored with the world. Despite thinking he knows when his annoying behaviour is inappropriate there are times when he pushes people too far.

He is a big fan of music and can be often found either listening to music or playing his guitar. In fact it is somewhat of a ritual of his to play the guitar when he is thinking hard about some kind of problem or stressed. As well as the guitar he can play the keyboard and interestingly the violin. Despite rarely playing it most people are quite surprised that he can play the violin. Music is one of the few things that doesn't bore him easily and because of this Archie spends more time listening to and playing music than anything else, this is in part helped by the fact that he is rarely ever separated from his I-pod.
Saying that Archie and his parents don't always see eye to eye would be an understatement. They want him to perform excellently in his studies and he doesn't appreciate the pressure. His sometimes fooling behaviour is and relaxed attitude to studdying are just two of the things that annoy his parents.

History:

Birmingham is Archie's birth place and where he has lived for most of his life. His family live in a large house in the city suburbs, though now just his parents and his youngest sister live there as all his other siblings have moved out. In total Archie has three siblings, he has an older sister Lisa who has a family of her own and lives with her husband in Newcastle. The Next oldest is his brother Neil, he is studying a postgraduate degree at university.

As a child Archie, like his siblings was recognised as being "exceptional" at a young age. Through out his younger years he was practically the top student in all of his classes and quite over-optimistically was considered something of a child prodigy. In part this likely has something to do with the upbringing his parents gave him as they are one of those families where they actively teach their children a great deal and enforce that homework is done. As it turns out Archie was not quite as intelligent as it seemed, as he reached the last years of primary school he started to become complacent and focused less on studying. When he reached comprehensive school his grades were still the best but slowly the other students caught him up until he could only claim to be amongst the top few in the school.

Music became a big part of Archie's life when he was only eight. It began with him learning to play the recorder at school. After a year students were offered the opportunity to learn another instrument. Archie wanted to learn to play the guitar but his parents instead decided that he should learn to play the violin. At first he was reluctant but as time went by he began to understand that some musical skills are transferable. Eventually he got to the point where he focused much of his spare time on music, in part this drew him away from his studies. For years he saved up his money until after taking his savings and money that he had been given for his sixteenth birthday he went out and bought himself a guitar. His parents didn't agree with it but as long as he continued to perform reasonably well at school they weren't too bothered.

After finishing at school he got accepted into university in Sheffield to study chemistry. At the start of the year he moved to the campus and has rarely been back to see his parents since despite the pleas of his siblings. When the Atlanteans revealed themselves to the world he was part way through his first year at university.

Ability:Atomic Ferrokinesis
Archie's ability centres around the manipulation of metals, it could be considered a form of Magnokinesis. Unlike standard Magnokinesis he is unable to move the object or alter its shape, what his power allows him to do is alter the structure at the atomic level and causes fractures and faults in the metal. For small objects, such as the blade of a knife this can result in near instantaneous weakening or snapping of the blade. The thicker the object is the longer the time it takes for Archie to weaken the material and the more likely it is for the object to remain intact after the initial weakening. Given enough time Archie could cut cleanly through any metal or alloy but in most cases this is not practical as his ability requires complete focus, any disturbance in thought bends the cut he forms, which in turn means that the object is more likely to remain intact.

The material also plays an important role in how easy it is for him to perform his ability. Firstly it only works on metal and alloys, though minor impurities are only a small inconvenience. Denser materials require more time to cut through than others, meaning that objects made of lead or gold would likely take a long time for Archie to break. As an estimate it would take him a second to cut cleanly through a square inch of steel, such the could snap the object in to afterwards. His power is largely a matter of precision and as such he does not expend much energy in using it, there is however one exception if he unleashes his ability on an object as a whole instead of cutting slowly through it he can force it to shatter. In this case his power would lash out at the metal fracturing it in an uncountable number of places in a short amount of time and most likely cause it to explode. This uses most of his energy depending on the size of the object he could suffer anything from weakness through temporary ability loss up to blacking out or even potentially death. Concentration is of the up most importance every time he uses his ability as even a momentary lack of concentration could be disastrous. In the worst cases he could attack every metal object in sight which would at the very least cause him to slip into a coma.

The range of Archie's power is generally his line of sight but it is possible for things to effect this. Ideally there should be nothing blocking his view of the object, no glass or water as his power may effect any traces of metal in any materials between him and his target instead. Distance is not too much of a problem, his ability loses little strength over moderate distances but rapidly loses power as objects become harder to see. Initially he can only use his power on exposed metal but as time goes on he will be able effect metal that has been either painted or coated in plastic.

Theme:
Spoiler:

Writing Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Nice to see you here, Warden, will be waiting to see the finish of your SU, the ability is very interesting.

@TFW: Your SU is good, all except the ability. Until the revelation, unless someone had been revealed as Atlantean, there would have been no affection by the ability, but I guess it could also be how his ability manifested..... So your ability I'm having to say no. 1) Gravity Manipulation has been taken by an NPC later in the RP, and 2) it is quite overpowered. I think If you took a step back to Empathy, being able to take on and influence a persons emotions, then I would be able to accept you.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I have a hard time writing very short posts xD At least in this and many other roleplays. There's just so much I want to get in there :B

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I could never write a short post even if I wanted to. It would probably explain why it takes me hours sometimes to write them XD. I get too ambitious when writing them so I fill them with unnecessary detail. I should probably add a tl;dr section to them soon.

Back