Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:29 AM).
Ashedragon
Elite Trainer

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ashedragon
Quote originally posted by Java's Missingno.:
I'm not a big fan of the placement of the Pokemon details.. it seems rather haphazard. That said, I'm assuming it's spread out like that to utilize as much of the screen's real estate as you can. I do like that your GUI is visually consistent, though - that ties everything together pleasantly.
Yeah, I'm not really certain of it either. It's just with the screen size it's really rather difficult to make a good design that will still be consistent with everything. Thanks for your comments!
Old 5 Days Ago (04:19 PM). Edited 5 Days Ago by Ashedragon.
Ashedragon
Elite Trainer

Since I found a surprisingly easy way to do it (by accident trying to do something else entirely), I've been playing around with the idea of a dual-screen since this would allow the screen to stay relatively clear and keep all of the nonsense on the bottom half.
Spoiler:
Old 5 Days Ago (08:00 PM).
Saving Raven
#BAMFPokemonNerd

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote originally posted by Ashedragon:
Since I found a surprisingly easy way to do it (by accident trying to do something else entirely), I've been playing around with the idea of a dual-screen since this would allow the screen to stay relatively clear and keep all of the nonsense on the bottom half.
Spoiler:
Well the bottom half of the screen looks all white to me haha, so the only thing I could comment on would be that the sidewalk path you're using has the corners all messed up, they don't continue to make an "L" shape

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old 5 Days Ago (10:22 PM).
mej71

Quote originally posted by Ashedragon:
Spoiler:
One thing to consider is the screen size itself. With a dual screen in Essentials, you can't play in the Large screen size option because it goes past the boundaries of your monitor.
Old 5 Days Ago (02:00 AM).
KillerMapper
Helix Follower

I personally dislike dual-screen mode. Maybe an option to enable / disable could be nice?
Old 4 Days Ago (01:28 PM).
Ashedragon
Elite Trainer

Quote originally posted by mej71:
One thing to consider is the screen size itself. With a dual screen in Essentials, you can't play in the Large screen size option because it goes past the boundaries of your monitor.
With the vast majority of users sporting monitors of a resolution bigger than 1024x768 I don't believe this to be an issue. If they have a monitor smaller than that, chances are the hardware would not be capable of running the game at all to begin with.

Quote originally posted by KillerMapper:
I personally dislike dual-screen mode. Maybe an option to enable / disable could be nice?
Nice maybe but impractical and nearly triples the workload. For a single person this is massive, even moreso with a project like this.

Quote originally posted by Saving Raven:
Well the bottom half of the screen looks all white to me haha, so the only thing I could comment on would be that the sidewalk path you're using has the corners all messed up, they don't continue to make an "L" shape
I thought it was supposed to be like that because oddly enough the tileset didn't come with the corner tiles! I might have to simply edit some tiles and make them myself, haha.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links